TSN: Evander Kane Trade may include prospects instead of picks.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I don't know why anyone would trade for this guy.

If you chose lucky #12 for the first post like this in a Kane thread, come collect your prize!

Kylington
Klimchuk
Poirier
Lomberg

for

Nylander
Kane

Take out Lomberg and Poirier, and insert Andersson and Gillies. I'd even add one of our bottom-6 players (Girgensons, Josefson, Larsson, Pouliot), or one of our non-Guhle D prospects (Borgen, Fitzgerald).

Andersson
Kylington
Klimchuk
Gillies

for

Kane
Nylander
One of the above-named players

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The team that I'd think gets him would be a team with a bad owner. But would think a team that just wants to make a change in the dressing room will take him.

Still thinking Dallas trades for him. Probably for Julius Honka and Jason Dickinson.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
The team that I'd think gets him would be a team with a bad owner. But would think a team that just wants to make a change in the dressing room will take him.

Still thinking Dallas trades for him. Probably for Julius Honka and Jason Dickinson.

Dallas won't be trading Honka for a rental. I like Kane to Dallas though for Riley Tufte+.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Does this mean nobody is willing to give up their 1st for him?

I still remember the "ask" for him, I bet Buffalo fans are disappointed with the return.

As a Buffalo fan getting a first rounder in a trade would be the steal of the century. Unfortunately I just can't imagine a GM stupid enough to do it though, but you never know. There was one stupid enough to bring him to Buffalo.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dallas needs to get in on evander kane.

The last week has shown they lack a power forward wjo can score goals when the top guys go cold.

The stars have a team that can contend..go for the cup i say.

Package like

Top prospect either julius honka or jason Dickenson
+
1st round pick (preferably in 2019 as dallas hosts the 2018 draft and would want a day 1 pick)
+
Another conditional high pick triggered by the stars reaching the west finals
+
A veteran likemartin hanzal to make the salary work.

Would this get things going for buffalo?

member 290103

Canucks would do something around Pouliot, Baertschi and say....Dowd?

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Dallas needs to get in on evander kane.

The last week has shown they lack a power forward wjo can score goals when the top guys go cold.

The stars have a team that can contend..go for the cup i say.

Package like

Top prospect either julius honka or jason Dickenson
+
1st round pick (preferably in 2019 as dallas hosts the 2018 draft and would want a day 1 pick)
+
Another conditional high pick triggered by the stars reaching the west finals
+
A veteran likemartin hanzal to make the salary work.

Would this get things going for buffalo?
That is a HUGE overpay from Dallas. Stars owner and GM already said they're not trading a 1st round pick for a rental. They won't trade Honka for a rental. You'd have to add from Buffalo's side if Dallas offered 2 picks and a top prospect.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Kane doesn't make sense to Vancouver until free agency. Why would you give up assets for a pending free agent in a down year while rebuilding?

I think a team like Nashville or Pittsburgh makes sense in a deal. Both probably lose him to free agency but get a cup run to really gauge his value.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Once Rick Nash goes to Nashville, which I expect will get consummated in the next couple of days, I expect the price of Kane to get ratcheted up and I think we'll see Evander end up landing in Boston with a package revolving around Brandon Carlo.
I think Boston would riot if Carlo is traded for Kane.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What about a package from LA centered around Kevin Gravel or Paul LaDue?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
That's quite the delusional wet dream.

I love that post because it's 99% completely sane and normal and then in the last two words it goes to crazytown.

It's like

"Oh, I expect the markets will be up tomorrow if the fed lowers interest rates, commodities prices are beginning to soften after being propped up by an unusually cold winter. Also, giant centaurs have been spotted devouring children in a lake of fire."

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Once Rick Nash goes to Nashville, which I expect will get consummated in the next couple of days, I expect the price of Kane to get ratcheted up and I think we'll see Evander end up landing in Boston with a package revolving around Brandon Carlo.
Yeah because teams that make deadline deals in order to "go for it" always deal away top 4 D.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Keep dreaming.
What a horrible proposal.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Considering the expectations that some Sabres fans had, it's going to be interesting to see their reaction when he probably won't return a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad