TSN: Evander Kane Trade may include prospects instead of picks.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Dallas needs to get in on evander kane.

The last week has shown they lack a power forward wjo can score goals when the top guys go cold.

The stars have a team that can contend..go for the cup i say.

Package like

Top prospect either julius honka or jason Dickenson
+
1st round pick (preferably in 2019 as dallas hosts the 2018 draft and would want a day 1 pick)
+
Another conditional high pick triggered by the stars reaching the west finals
+
A veteran likemartin hanzal to make the salary work.

Would this get things going for buffalo?

This would get more than a few things going in Buffalo... I didn't realize we were so bad that teams were offering us charity at this point! Thank you!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Kane will probably go to nashville for Fabbro ....book it

That seems like an insane overpay, but I guess if Nashville is going all in they likely don't care as much if they overpay a little.

I don't see how Kane helps them at all and they seem to be a pretty smart organization so I don't really get why they would have any interest in Kane at all.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Once Rick Nash goes to Nashville, which I expect will get consummated in the next couple of days, I expect the price of Kane to get ratcheted up and I think we'll see Evander end up landing in Boston with a package revolving around Brandon Carlo.

Boston wouldn't deal Carlo for Landeskog, but they'll deal him for a head-case LW who probably walks at seasons end? Excuse me.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Splitting up Kane & Eichel crushed Kane's value, that's about when he started on this massive cold streak, which of course is no coincidence.

Kane can play in the top-6 and produce if he's playing with a superstar C (Dallas, Pitt, LA seem like good fits to me), but he's not diverse enough to be the best offensive player on his line.

I would love to see Kane in the playoffs though... his playing style is suited well for it. Great speed and is extremely physical. He loves to mix it up and he forces D men to keep their head on a swivel with his forechecking. Creates turnovers. But he's just not offensively gifted enough to do something with them... he needs someone to either set him up, or draw attention away from him, then if given opportunities, he will bury.

Any logical Buffalo fan knew a 1st for him as a rental would've been a steal... I really thought we were going to pull it off at the November/December point of the season, Kane was on pace for a 40 goal year (somebody would've taken the bait and paid a late 1st for a guy who has 30 goals at this date in the season today, right? b/c that's the pace he was on.)

Then we moved him off Eichel wing, he entered into this drought that has just dragged on and on, and here we are. I think team's are now reluctant to even give up a 2nd for him... most teams would probably rather give a 4th for someone like Pouliot.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'll take Kane on the Devils. He's always deadly when he plays us.

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Kane-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Wood

Sign me up for this top 9.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'll take Kane on the Devils. He's always deadly when he plays us.

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Kane-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Zajac-Wood

Sign me up for this top 9.

What would NJD offer in return? Jersey wouldn't surprise me if for no other reason than Botts and Shero are familiar with each other.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Dallas needs to get in on evander kane.

The last week has shown they lack a power forward wjo can score goals when the top guys go cold.

The stars have a team that can contend..go for the cup i say.

Package like

Top prospect either julius honka or jason Dickenson
+
1st round pick (preferably in 2019 as dallas hosts the 2018 draft and would want a day 1 pick)
+
Another conditional high pick triggered by the stars reaching the west finals
+
A veteran likemartin hanzal to make the salary work.

Would this get things going for buffalo?

Do they not get Buffalo games in Dallas? That is a crazy, crazy overpay for Kane who will not score goals when the stars go cold because he will be relying on them to create the goals for him when he is not going 18 straight games without a goal.

The 1st or either of those prospects alone are way too much for Kane adding them together and then keeping on adding is insane.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
What would NJD offer in return? Jersey wouldn't surprise me if for no other reason than Botts and Shero are familiar with each other.
Add to that Buffalo and NJ are scouting the crap out of each other at the NHL and AHL level.

I have no idea what it would take to acquire Kane. I think all picks are in play... prospects... we have some decent ones. What are Buffalo's immediate needs?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Add to that Buffalo and NJ are scouting the crap out of each other at the NHL and AHL level.

I have no idea what it would take to acquire Kane. I think all picks are in play... prospects... we have some decent ones. What are Buffalo's immediate needs?

When you’re this bad, our need is everything.

Most will have defense and speed at the top of the list.

Reactions: CacOBG

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

We need anything but centers, any decent D or scoring/speedy W prospects would be useful (even G I suspect as we are barebones behind Ullmark with UPL not doing that well so far, but that can't be a centerpiece). I'm not that familiar with Devils' prospect depth so can't give much specific advice really.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When you’re this bad, our need is everything.

Most will have defense and speed at the top of the list.
I really have a feeling the Devils are going to go all in on John Carlson on July 1st.

I think Steven Santini could be had on defense. I think John Moore is going to be moved at the deadline. He's a UFA and some GM will give him 3-4 mil per. With Severson, Greene, Vatanen, Butcher, Lovejoy, Santini, Mueller then Rykov in the system and a possible incoming Carlson... I don't think Moore sticks around.

That being said I don't think Buffalo would want Moore. I wonder if Santini and a pick gets it done? Mike McLeod may be available as a 20 year old center with a HUGE ceiling...

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I really have a feeling the Devils are going to go all in on John Carlson on July 1st.

I think Steven Santini could be had on defense. I think John Moore is going to be moved at the deadline. He's a UFA and some GM will give him 3-4 mil per. With Severson, Greene, Vatanen, Butcher, Lovejoy, Santini, Mueller then Rykov in the system and a possible incoming Carlson... I don't think Moore sticks around.

That being said I don't think Buffalo would want Moore. I wonder if Santini and a pick gets it done? Mike McLeod may be available as a 20 year old center with a HUGE ceiling...
Either McLeod or Santini would be good as a starting point I suppose. I would love to get both if there is something we can add to Kane to make it work.

Also, don't think Carlson hits UFA. Otherwise we should be all in on him too lol

Last edited:

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

I could see Santini and McLeod, with maybe an add on the buffalo side. I remember some in the scouting staff liking McLeod his draft year

Reactions: CacOBG

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Either McLeod or Santini would be good as a starting point I suppose. I would love to get if there is something we can add to Kane to make it work.

Also, don't think Carlson hits UFA. Otherwise we should be all in on him too lol

I'm just hoping he wants to go home. He grew up 10 miles from where I am sitting right now. Also my reasoning is he is going to want a long term deal. Holtby is 28. Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Oshie are over 30. Does Carlson want to sign a big deal there? Would he want to come to a place like NJ where most of the team is 25 and under? So he would know the team would compete for nearly every year of the deal he signs? The Devils have a ton of cap space as well.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Sabres and Devils make sense with the Botts / Shero relationship.

McLeod works for me.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Considering the expectations that some Sabres fans had, it's going to be interesting to see their reaction when he probably won't return a 1st.
Funnier yet would be Botteril sticking to the same unreal expectations & finding no buyers.
@ the last minute dropping the price & teams saying they weren't interested anymore.
Kane remains a Sabre & since not even qualified walks for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad