TSN: Evander Kane Trade may include prospects instead of picks.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

The Flyers are the team that intrigue me the most. They have the ammo to pull off a larger deal that could help both clubs.
Hard to say though. Any Flyers fans want to chime in on whether the team is looking to make a serious push this season into the playoffs?
And if so, what needs are to be addressed to do so? Thanks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Flyers are the team that intrigue me the most. They have the ammo to pull off a larger deal that could help both clubs.
Hard to say though. Any Flyers fans want to chime in on whether the team is looking to make a serious push this season into the playoffs?
And if so, what needs are to be addressed to do so? Thanks
I don't see the Flyers offering very much for Kane honestly.

Lindblom has been recalled since Simmonds got hurt and has fit in really well on the 2nd line with Patrick and Voracek. So Simmonds could be on the 3rd line once he comes back.

Weal Laughton Simmonds
Raffl Filppula Weise/Lehtera

Kane would help in pushing Weal off the 3rd line and Weise and Lehtera off the 4th line. But Philly is not a contender. Hextall has said he won't spend young assets and picks on rentals. I don't see Kane being an option especially at the price being reported. Flyers fans don't want Simmonds re-signed given he will be a 3rd liner, Kane should be no different.

A smaller deal trading for Girgensons I think could be much more likely.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Well, the Nash deal sets the tone now. When Buffalo moves Kane, you can take it to the bank a 1st is coming back.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Lindblom has been recalled since Simmonds got hurt and has fit in really well on the 2nd line with Patrick and Voracek. So Simmonds could be on the 3rd line once he comes back.

Weal Laughton Simmonds

Kane would help in pushing Weal off the 3rd line and Weise and Lehtera off the 4th line. But Philly is not a contender. Hextall has said he won't spend young assets and picks on rentals. I don't see Kane being an option especially at the price being reported. Flyers fans don't want Simmonds re-signed given he will be a 3rd liner, Kane should be no different.

Yeah, I would agree that now is not the time for Hextall to push for this type of deal. It is too soon. Girgensens would be a nice pick up.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well, the Nash deal sets the tone now. When Buffalo moves Kane, you can take it to the bank a 1st is coming back.
Sure, but whats added to the 1st?

Boston was in a position to overpay a bit since theyre quality contenders and have a deep prospect pool, that cant be said for every team.

I think it'll land somewhere between the Grabs & Nash deals. could still end up just a 2nd + A prospect vs late 1st + B prospect. Retaining 50% will help squeeze some more hopefully.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
The arms race is in full swing now. Don't be surprised if multiple Sabres are dealt.

Aug 25, 2009
éal

Weal Laughton Simmonds

If not for a rental, any interest in Pacioretty?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If 33 year old Rick Nash gets a 1st, Evander gets ?
You’re quoting a very old post. :)

Boston overpayed for Nash. I don’t think we’ll get a similar return. Conditional first or
a decent prospect would be ok in my book.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Will the real Evander Kane please stand up? I repeat, will the real Evander Kane please stand up?

Y’all act like you never been traded before
Jaws all on the floor like Jason just busted through the door
And started telling you gtfo cus you’re not a Sabre no more…

It’s the return of the ah, wait, no way, you’re kidding
He didn’t just trade me to Arizona, did he?
And Jason Botteril said…”no you idiot,
I traded you to the Blues for some picks and Klim Ksotin!”

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Will the real Evander Kane please stand up? I repeat, will the real Evander Kane please stand up?

Omg hahahaha

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

Well done

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Let's say Columbus is able to trade Jack Johnson for a 1st rounder (a team like Winnipeg may have some interest, for example)...

Would Buffalo be interested in a deal around Gabriel Carlsson + Matt Calvert + 1st Round Pick acquired in JJ deal for Evander Kane?

My thinking is that is pretty similar to the deal that the Rangers accepted in the Rick Nash deal (A-level D prospect, 1st rounder, short term cap dump).

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You just know the price on Kane is going up by the hour lol
Botterill should get a satisfactory return. He has one hell of a job trying to build a team out around Jack and fill the pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad