Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
cy4I1pI.jpg

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
assuming reports are true that we are in on karlsson for all we know the ottawa leaked and lied that we were interested.

Heres a thought though, what stops SY from coming out and saying this?? Say no we were never in it. That was a bogus rumor made up from the media. If SY was never truly in it, why wouldnt he just come out and say it? We are not in the trade and we are looking at other opportunities. I think there was something going on. Especially if the rumor is true about him only wanting to extend with us.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Heres a thought though, what stops SY from coming out and saying this?? Say no we were never in it. That was a bogus rumor made up from the media. If SY was never truly in it, why wouldnt he just come out and say it? We are not in the trade and we are looking at other opportunities. I think there was something going on. Especially if the rumor is true about him only wanting to extend with us.
I don't doubt at all that TB was involved. TB has been linked to EK by media since the deadline last year, and by hopeful fans since the ASG. There's definitely something there, and I think it's a mutual thing between TB and EK.

I just question the reporting that it was "close". I don't think it was ever close, and it doesn't seem like it's close now. Just my take on it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Smith reported last week that neither Johnson nor Killorn have (yet) been asked to waive. I think asking a player to waive is the last step in the process.

Guys with limited NTCs don't really need to be asked - I assume they submitted their list on July 1 as SOP. I find it unlikely that Killorn or Johnson are included in the deal for that reason. We'll move Callahan or Coburn is my guess to fit under the cap. Moving Callahan gives us some good relief next year as well (basically pays for EK's raise). We can deal with next year's cap issues next year. My guess is we move JT Miller before his NTC kicks in next season if we need to (assuming the cap doesn't go up 5mil again). If he has a big season he should have really good value too so that's a hidden bonus.

Callahan is also just so easily replaced, except on the PK. It'd be nice to see Joseph in that spot. I think he can play anywhere in the lineup.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't doubt at all that TB was involved. TB has been linked to EK by media since the deadline last year, and by hopeful fans since the ASG. There's definitely something there, and I think it's a mutual thing between TB and EK.

I just question the reporting that it was "close". I don't think it was ever close, and it doesn't seem like it's close now. Just my take on it.

Well I agree with that. I think there is a lack of information that is killing the media. One thing I like about that silence is that SY loves to keep things like this quiet. We know there is rarely ever a leak from his camp. So if he or TB hasnt said much, then that is I think an indicator that we are still indeed in it. My question is how much longer until SY loses his patience and moves on to plan b. If there is one. I bet there is at some point. Toronto just added one of the best centers in the league. Gotta think the competitor in SY wants to make a counter move.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, there's way too much smoke for there not to be quite a bit of truth. Even our own board's insider has been saying the real target has always been Karlsson, even in the middle of the Tavares pitch. I think Yzerman really, really wants him, but it's an incredibly difficult deal to make, considering both a third team and Eugene Melnyk have to be involved.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, there's way too much smoke for there not to be quite a bit of truth. Even our own board's insider has been saying the real target has always been Karlsson, even in the middle of the Tavares pitch. I think Yzerman really, really wants him, but it's an incredibly difficult deal to make, considering both a third team and Eugene Melnyk have to be involved.

I bet a deal gets done sooner or later. they find that 3rd team they're all set, but if I was that 3rd team I'd demand a fortune to take any contracts.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well I agree with that. I think there is a lack of information that is killing the media. One thing I like about that silence is that SY loves to keep things like this quiet. We know there is rarely ever a leak from his camp. So if he or TB hasnt said much, then that is I think an indicator that we are still indeed in it. My question is how much longer until SY loses his patience and moves on to plan b. If there is one. I bet there is at some point. Toronto just added one of the best centers in the league. Gotta think the competitor in SY wants to make a counter move.
I don't think there's a "plan b". You don't plan B a superstar.

It's more like Plan F. Some names have been thrown around. Parayko (but how could he be available?) is one. Faulk is an option. Maybe Trouba? But all of those are significant steps down.

When the guy on the other side is a bit of an asshole, but he has the widget you want, you suck it up for as long as you have to until you get that widget. Dorion can put his nuts on the negotiating table if he wants to and Yzerman will keep his mouth shut.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Yeah EE is the man with strongest ties to the team. He was the first to debunk the "done deal" after Simposon announced it. He's been consistent about how much we've been after Karlsson

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I bet a deal gets done sooner or later. they find that 3rd team they're all set, but if I was that 3rd team I'd demand a fortune to take any contracts.

Depends on who the 3rd team is and who they are taking on, if it is the rangers i wont be surprised if they ask for are 1st and a B prospect for Callahan, although Coburn could be moved for a lot less than that.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't think there's a "plan b". You don't plan B a superstar.

It's more like Plan F. Some names have been thrown around. Parayko (but how could he be available?) is one. Faulk is an option. Maybe Trouba? But all of those are significant steps down.

When the guy on the other side is a bit of an *******, but he has the widget you want, you suck it up for as long as you have to until you get that widget. Dorion can put his nuts on the negotiating table if he wants to and Yzerman will keep his mouth shut.

Im sure he is smart about how he is handling it, but I bet there is a point where he says enough of these games either we do it or we dont. Not saying this will happen this week but I bet there is a point.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Well if that contract that you are talking about is Bobby Ryan than yea I demand a fortune for it and this is probably whats holding anything up. TB doesnt have to give up Callahan right now. We can trade Coburn fairly easily and boom we are under the cap with Karlsson here for this year. We move another contract at some point to fit in Karlsson and Kucherovs extension and we are fine. Ryan is a lot harder to move. I think Ottawa plays this game for a while and when they realize nobody wants that awful contract they will move on from that option for now. Could very well be whats holding everything up. Ottawa seems really set on moving Ryan.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
You expect two good pieces for a first line player, three good pieces for a franchise player, four good pieces for a generational player.

Cap hit, age, career trajectory, team need, and the market all play a role in determining value. The Sens can “expect” whatever they want but it doesn’t mean it’s a realistic assessment of the player’s value.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Cap hit, age, career trajectory, team need, and the market all play a role in determining value. The Sens can “expect” whatever they want but it doesn’t mean it’s a realistic assessment of the player’s value.

Well especially if they are trying to get Ryans contract off the books. The owner doesnt seem to understand or care that his contract attached means much less value going back.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Well especially if they are trying to get Ryans contract off the books. The owner doesnt seem to understand or care that his contract attached means much less value going back.
Generational talent plus one of the worst contracts in the NHL bundled together.

Guess they should expect 5 good pieces coming back instead! :sarcasm:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep so TB is out then??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad