Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Think Ottawa can get excited about a decent return.

Vegas likely is closer to what Ottawa is asking , now that they made the finals

TB , though already a solid team, will want to remain top in the division - with Boston and Toronto lurking.
Maybe TB is only there to drive up the offers, on any rival team???LV does make the most sense though

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Vegas still makes the most sense. They don’t have cap issues or a defenseman better than Karlsson, could possibly even take on Ryan (I’ll leave that for Vegas fans to say for sure), and aren’t in Ottawa’s conference, much less their division.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Maybe TB is only there to drive up the offers, on any rival team???LV does make the most sense though

While I have thought this to be a possibility, what stops SY from coming out and saying we are out? Isn't there a point where you know a deal isn't going to be done no matter how hard you try?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Regardless of what is true, I find it extremely odd to go from "a deal is about to happen" to absolutely nothing in the span of a weekend.

Reactions: Kcb12345

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
While I have thought this to be a possibility, what stops SY from coming out and saying we are out? Isn't there a point where you know a deal isn't going to be done no matter how hard you try?
Anything at this point would seem plausible ...Again all of us are just completely in the dark

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
OTT- NJ1st rd pick, Mcelod, Raddysh, foote

TB-Karlsson

NJ-Sergachev, Callahan, Johnson
Swap Foote and Sergachev and it's probably fair. Ottawa would want Sergachev as the main piece coming back.

I'd definitely move Foote and Sergachev together if it meant clearing 10.9 million in salary (Callahan and Johnson) as well as acquiring Karlsson.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Anyone thinking the Sens won't get 4 good pieces from Tampa for Karlsson are being silly.

The debate will be between fans deciding what is "good" or not. I will say this, I think Sens fans expecting Point or Sergachev will be disappointed.

That said, I think Sens fans will end up loving the return once they see how good the players they get are.

I'm still thinking Foote and Cirelli will be the two main, young players going back to Ottawa, along with an eventual 1st rounder and a good "now" player like Johnson or Palat (if they agree) or Gourde.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Anyone thinking the Sens won't get 4 good pieces from Tampa for Karlsson are being silly.

The debate will be between fans deciding what is "good" or not. I will say this, I think Sens fans expecting Point or Sergachev will be disappointed.

That said, I think Sens fans will end up loving the return once they see how good the players they get are.

I'm still thinking Foote and Cirelli will be the two main, young players going back to Ottawa, along with an eventual 1st rounder and a good "now" player like Johnson or Palat (if they agree) or Gourde.

I can promise you we won't.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

No one is ever happy with a return for a franchise player.

That's the insanity of how Ottawa is operating, but they have no other play. The return for the best Dman in the league is never going to be enough.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No one is ever happy with a return for a franchise player.

That's the insanity of how Ottawa is operating, but they have no other play. The return for the best Dman in the league is never going to be enough.
We lose any trade,I dont want him gone,nor does any other Sens fan...So when we get poked and trolled,we arent going to play nice...That being said there are far more reasonable TB fans here like yourself than there have been the latter for which Iam grateful

Reactions: CupsOverCash

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Cap hit, age, career trajectory, team need, and the market all play a role in determining value. The Sens can “expect” whatever they want but it doesn’t mean it’s a realistic assessment of the player’s value.
Minus one of four for the bad contract.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

There is no possible return from TB that makes sense that doesn't include Serg or Points, lmfao get real.

A 1b center OR POTENTIAL number 1/top paring defender isn't available for a generational talent in his prime?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
There is no possible return from TB that makes sense that doesn't include Serg or Points, lmfao get real.

A 1b center OR POTENTIAL number 1/top paring defender isn't available for a generational talent in his prime?

I think Serge is realistic. Point is not happening. He was our best player not named Kucherov last year.

Venzio X

Apr 24, 2013

Point is not available for Karlsson. It's been explained numerous times why, so I won't get to that. Sergatchev is other story. I personally would be open to trade him for Karlsson, along with other pieces of course.

Reactions: topshelf15

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
And in Dallas and LV locker rooms for that matter. In Dallas, Honka, Shore and several prospect enter camp knowing they were trade bait. Professional yes, but still had to affect someone mentioned in trade rumors

Which is why smart and classy G M dont leak stuff for any reason.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And in Dallas and LV locker rooms for that matter. In Dallas, Honka, Shore and several prospect enter camp knowing they were trade bait. Professional yes, but still had to affect someone mentioned in trade rumors

Which is why smart and classy G M dont leak stuff for any reason.
Meh who knows who leaked what though??

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Meh who knows who leaked what though??

Because Ottawa is the team that would have benefited. One day we had "Vegas is close." The next day, "Dallas can get it done right now if they include Heiskanen". And then finally," Tampa deal imminent". Seems pretty clear to me that was the work of Ottawa leaking info to try to drive up offers between DAL/VGK/TB.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Because Ottawa is the team that would have benefited. One day we had "Vegas is close." The next day, "Dallas can get it done right now if they include Heiskanen". And then finally," Tampa deal imminent". Seems pretty clear to me that was the work of Ottawa leaking info to dry to drive up offers between DAL/VGK/TB.
Yep and whom exactly stated this??Some blogger???Some random internet post???Ottawa has suffered far far more from fake news in this past season,than Dallas could ever dream of....

So if you are looking for some sympathy,or are trying to slam someone on something you dont know for sure is even true ,then you really need to just take a step back and understand what exactly is going on...We are all getting played

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yep and whom exactly stated this??Some blogger???Some random internet post???Ottawa has suffered far far more from fake news in this past season,than Dallas could ever dream of....

So if you are looking for some sympathy,or are trying to slam someone on something you dont know for sure is even true ,then you really need to just take a step back and understand what exactly is going on...We are all getting played

I'm not trying to slam anyone. Just saying it's pretty obvious the leaks are coming from Ottawa's end. I don't blame Dorion one bit if so. He's got to do whatever is possible to maximize the return.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm not trying to slam anyone. Just saying it's pretty obvious the leaks are coming from Ottawa's end. I don't blame Dorion one bit if so. He's got to do whatever is possible to maximize the return.
Its gonna happen my friend,we all know this is what goes on in a big trade like this...Iam sure Methot was in full recruitment mode,after his wedding of course....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad