Erik Karlsson has been on the ice for 11/13 goals against so far this series.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
How many were Burns in on?
Somewhere around 8. But the difference is Burns is marking up and doing things he needs to do defensively. Karlsson is the complete opposite. He's a huge liability in his own end (and even in the offensive end as a couple of his passes have led to breakaway goals).

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Somewhere around 8. But the difference is Burns is marking up and doing things he needs to do defensively. Karlsson is the complete opposite. He's a huge liability in his own end (and even in the offensive end as a couple of his passes have led to breakaway goals).
I have not seen any evidence of that in this thread. Show me the goals that Karlsson should have prevented or where he made a big mistake/flubbed a pass that lead to a goal. I've seen these claims in the past and they are usually unfounded or hyperbolic. I saw him looking stiff on a few and immobile, which more than likely has to do with injury. But I didn't see any huge costly mistakes or dumb plays. More than one player can be blamed for many of those goals.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It won't be Doug-but any smart GM, would pay him 1/2 that amount.

He is hurt, and he may need an entire season off to fix it.
Karlsson can play half a season and still be more valuable than a great majority of defenceman in the league.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Steven Stamkos plays like ****. Leading his team to get swept agains ****ing Columbus. Crosby is held pointless sucking it up agains NYI. But who does HF turn to rag on? An injured Karlsson who missed several months of play before being thrown into the playoffs. A Karlsson who actually leads his team in points as a ****ing defenceman! The NA bias is ****ing sickening.
Crosby thread was locked but this one stays open lol.

Reactions: Slimmy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Steven Stamkos plays like ****. Leading his team to get swept agains ****ing Columbus. Crosby is held pointless sucking it up agains NYI. But who does HF turn to rag on? An injured Karlsson who missed several months of play before being thrown into the playoffs. A Karlsson who actually leads his team in points as a ****ing defenceman! The NA bias is ****ing sickening.

Hey, I'll bash any of these players.

I'm just happy others will finally acknowledge thar Karlsson sucks ass defensively.

f*** Crosby and his no point getting dumb ass. Took that f***er in my pool.

Also I thought I was common that Stamkos sucked in the playoffs so no one is really surprised on that part ? Isn't Tampa as a whole getting destroyed by comments, though ?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hey, I'll bash any of these players.

I'm just happy others will finally acknowledge thar Karlsson sucks ass defensively.

**** Crosby and his no point getting dumb ass. Took that ****er in my pool.

Also I thought I was common that Stamkos sucked in the playoffs so no one is really surprised on that part ? Isn't Tampa as a whole getting destroyed by comments, though ?
No one is singling out the captain on either Pens or Tampa when they have ample reason to do so. Shitting on a team as a whole is commonplace. But Karlsson is singled out on the Sharks and gets his own bash thread? I don't get it. He is injured, didn't play a single game for months but still leads his team in points. You don't think that is more threadworthy than this?

Reactions: Vesperia

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No one is singling out the captain on either Pens or Tampa when they have ample reason to do so. ****ting on a team as a whole is commonplace. But Karlsson is singled out on the Sharks and gets his own bash thread? I don't get it. He is injured, didn't play a single game for months but still leads his team in points. You don't think that is more threadworthy than this?

Like I said, I'm pretty sure most people assume Stamkos isn't a big playoff performer already.

Crosby could be hurt, too, but his lack of production is just as concerning, or should be as Karlsson's inability to defend.

Karlsson should really become a forward. I swear he could be in the Kane, Crosby, etc type player.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Like I said, I'm pretty sure most people assume Stamkos isn't a big playoff performer already.

Crosby could be hurt, too, but his lack of production is just as concerning, or should be as Karlsson's inability to defend.

Karlsson should really become a forward. I swear he could be in the Kane, Crosby, etc type player.
Stamkos is payed in the upper echelon of the NHL and as you said is a known playoff choker but somehow gets a pass when people look at who to blame for Tampas struggles. I've even seen Hedmans name get thrown around, for gods sake. But the captain gets a pass and he is payed more than anyone on the team? The f*** is that about?
Crosby could be hurt for all we know, sure. But he has put up ZERO points and he is a forward! Karlsson we know struggles with a groin injury that sidelined him for months but still leads his team in points as a defenceman! Who deserves more flack here? Whats wrong with this f***ing board??

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Stamkos is payed in the upper echelon of the NHL and as you said is a known playoff choker but somehow gets a pass when people look at who to blame for Tampas struggles. I've even seen Hedmans name get thrown around, for gods sake. But the captain gets a pass and he is payed more than anyone on the team? The **** is that about?
Crosby could be hurt for all we know, sure. But he has put up ZERO points and he is a forward! Karlsson we know struggles with a groin injury that sidelined him for months but still leads his team in points as a defenceman! Who deserves more flack here? Whats wrong with this ****ing board??

A lot? It is hf after all.

Hedman has missed1, or 2 games, so I'm not sure why people are blaming him.

Crosby should be getting bashed, too, but he's likely given a pass by most because he has 3 cups. Should still get it for not being on the scoreboard, but didnt he also suck in the cup finals against the Sharks ?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Shame shame. He was unbelievable to watch when was healthy. I wonder how teams feel about him now. He has had so many injuries and the guy might be damaged for goods (at least for Elite level). 11-12 million per season risk. That's a big risk to take, but in Karlsson's case, it's worth it?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
A lot? It is hf after all.

Hedman has missed1, or 2 games, so I'm not sure why people are blaming him.

Crosby should be getting bashed, too, but he's likely given a pass by most because he has 3 cups. Should still get it for not being on the scoreboard, but didnt he also suck in the cup finals against the Sharks ?

Absolutely not, dear Sir. You see Crosby is on his grace period.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
People saying he is injured but everyone is injured this time of year. It's not an excuse if the Sharks are out in the first round, and especially not if all they got out of the Karlsson deal was like 3/4's of a season and a few playoff games.

Mar 14, 2015
Yupp, kinda disgusting.

Mar 14, 2015
People saying he is injured but everyone is injured this time of year. It's not an excuse if the Sharks are out in the first round, and especially not if all they got out of the Karlsson deal was like 3/4's of a season and a few playoff games.
You dont seem to have much knowledge surrounding groin injuries.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Of course he isn't disinterested or "clueless", it's not like he is doggin' it on purpose.

He is just injured and have a hard time moving - especially when playing 29 min per game.

A groin (tear) injury for a hockey player is like a basketball player breaking an arm.

Anyone who counts him out in regards to next season, the rest of his career, is the one who is clueless.

And.

It also doesn't help to have a goalie who couldn't catch Hillary's e-mail server even if he was standing in her basement.

Reactions: bert

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
What a confused post. What are you even arguing? It's just all over the place.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Their goalie sucks. I'd still be hesitant to give him a lot of term...he doesn't skate as fluidly as he used to before his injury.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Is Vegas playing great playoff hockey with a really fast game? Does SJ play a weird system (man-to-man instead of zone)? Is Karlsson still lingering with his groin issue? Is it almost impossible to go from resting for a long time, to then play 30 minutes of playoff hockey every night, while out of shape and out of game tempo? Is SJ struggling to beat Vegas? Is Jones really struggling in net? Do many SJ players make crucial mistakes and turnovers at the worst time?

Nope to all of this, it's just Karlsson that is "the worst defenseman in the league and doesn't care", apparently, while still leading his team in points. Never change, HF.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good luck to the team that gives him 12 m per this off season

Because he will be hurt for all of it.

Is Vegas playing great playoff hockey with a really fast game? Does SJ play a weird system (man-to-man instead of zone)? Is Karlsson still lingering with his groin issue? Is it almost impossible to go from resting for a long time, to then play 30 minutes of playoff hockey every night, while out of shape and out of game tempo? Is SJ struggling to beat Vegas? Is Jones really struggling in net? Do many SJ players make crucial mistakes and turnovers at the worst time?

Nope to all of this, it's just Karlsson that is "the worst defenseman in the league and doesn't care", apparently, while still leading his team in points. Never change, HF.

Most of HF has never played a competitive sport and its obvious in threads like this when people say things like he isnt trying. Disregard all of these posters because they are clueless.

Its funny he was the best player on the ice in game one, it was clear after that game he tweaked it and hasnt been the same.

Another outrageous blanket statement. Not all injuries are the same.

Vegas would be pounding both the Leafs and Canes right now too its not a slight to San Jose to potentially lose to the best team in the West.

You'd be surprised by how few on this board actually watch hockey.

They dont have to anymore #corsi. Even fewer actually played it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad