Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This Boston core hasn't won any game 7's vs Toronto

No Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, all guys that were more important to those wins than Marchand and Pasta.

This is not the same Boston team.
Oh man that's even worse - if they win then this will be a whole new generation of game 7 dominance over Toronto.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

No Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, all guys that were more important to those wins than Marchand and Pasta.

Says a lot that if you remove all that firepower from the Bruins, it still goes 7 games.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The Leafs look much better without Matthews. I haven't read this thread and I am wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Yes, but I didn't say so in here until now in order to agree with you. Don't watch them enough to know if that's very telling or anything, but the past 2 games have been interesting for sure.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Says a lot that if you remove all that firepower from the Bruins, it still goes 7 games.
It says that the Bruins are a well-coached team with a good culture. Bruins have never been an easy out and often have performed above the sum of their parts.

Reactions: BB79

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
The Leafs look much better without Matthews. I haven't read this thread and I am wondering if anyone else noticed this.
Honestly, logically it makes no sense. Why would you be a worse team when you got a 69-goal scorer with you?

But, I can see how the team might play differently when Matthews is around. Still, that's on them. There's no way they should be better when he's out of the lineup. That's ridiculously dumb.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yes, but I didn't say so in here until now in order to agree with you. Don't watch them enough to know if that's very telling or anything, but the past 2 games have been interesting for sure.
Domi has really stepped up and Nylander was clutch last night as well. He was always my fav of the core 4.

Reactions: Over the volcano

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Who on the Leafs is still there today that was there in 2013? The Bruins roster today has a lot more in common with the one that lost after being up 3 games to 1 than todays Leafs have with the teams that lost in 2013, etc. Bruins were also a top team against a Leafs team that was just starting to get their crap together after a rebuild.

Leafs may lose tomorrow but bringing up results from 6 and 11 years ago is irrelevant.
Who was on the Leaf’s in 1967? Does it really matter? The franchise always finds a way to blow it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Same with the phantom boarding from last night

No call cause no penalty
Difference is no Boston fan is going to upload that clip months later as evidence that whoever that was is guilty of always getting away with murder.

But in here is all
marcia-jealous.gif

...nd

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Honestly, logically it makes no sense. Why would you be a worse team when you got a 69-goal scorer with you?

But, I can see how the team might play differently when Matthews is around. Still, that's on them. There's no way they should be better when he's out of the lineup. That's ridiculously dumb.
He has been underwhelming in playoff hockey save for a game here and there. The team looks to him to be the guy when he's on the ice and rightfully so but he hasn't delivered. In his absence, others have stepped up and made the most of increased responsibility. They look more like a team vs how they looked with AM in the lineup. Just my observation, others may see it differently.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would absolutely insert Matthews if he’s ready to play. It is strange how the Leafs have a winning record without him in the lineup though. Not sure what to make of that.

Pretty entertaining series though. Started out with Boston looking in complete control and Keefe so obviously being outcoached. Now it looks like Montgomery is losing the handle a bit and Keefe has the guys actually playing defense and staying on track. Didn’t see the series going 7 games in this way but I’m here for it!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Goal scorers in game 7 of the 2018 series:
DeBrusk (2)
Heinen
Pastrnak
Marchand

Bergeron
Krug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events