Erik Karlsson does it again

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
It’s honestly a very sad thing. Both his decline and the way some people seem to relish it.

We talk about wanting dynamic players in the game, the types who draw you out of your seat, who are worth watching even for neutral and casual fans. We finally get a defenseman like that, and he gets targeted till he breaks and then crucified for it.
It's a bit bizarre to be sure. Seems like a lot of Ottawa fans like rubbing salt about his decline.

Thing is, as bad as the sharks are, they would still beat Ottawa in 4 games in a 7 game series. Detroit might even beat Ottawa in 5 lol.

Ottawa is so bad people are saying the art Ross shouldn't count this year because of how many free goals they are giving up to only Canadian teams

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's a bit bizarre to be sure. Seems like a lot of Ottawa fans like rubbing salt about his decline.

Thing is, as bad as the sharks are, they would still beat Ottawa in 4 games in a 7 game series. Detroit might even beat Ottawa in 5 lol.

Ottawa is so bad people are saying the art Ross shouldn't count this year because of how many free goals they are giving up to only Canadian teams

Most Ottawa fans are rooting for Erik Karlsson.

But your cheap shots are appreciated.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
It’s honestly a very sad thing. Both his decline and the way some people seem to relish it.

We talk about wanting dynamic players in the game, the types who draw you out of your seat, who are worth watching even for neutral and casual fans. We finally get a defenseman like that, and he gets targeted till he breaks and then crucified for it.
Just small, insignificant people that feel powerless in their own lives. The kind of people that blames "social media" and social justice warriors for "canceling" the toxicity that they spew out there.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
I for one am a huge EK65 fan, my favourite Senator of all time. I truly hope he continues to improve his play. EK is extremely fun to watch when on top of his game, and Sharks fans deserve to see it.

Reactions: RyCam and Kamina

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Most Ottawa fans are rooting for Erik Karlsson.

But your cheap shots are appreciated.
yeah the ones rooting for karlsson often come to our Sharks section and are supportive. its on the main boards and visit the ottawa section for Fantasy purposes that I often run into the ones all happy he is failing and laughing at our gullibility for resigning him.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

I feel like many Sens fans still defend Karlsson. It doesn't seem like they're collectively trying to denigrate Karlsson.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
yeah the ones rooting for karlsson often come to our Sharks section and are supportive. its on the main boards and visit the ottawa section for Fantasy purposes that I often run into the ones all happy he is failing and laughing at our gullibility for resigning him.

Every fan base has petty fans. Often vocal minority.

Look at the Jets fans any time Laine is brought up. Some Just foam at the mouth like rabid dogs lol.

Last edited:

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I would say 90% of Sens fans still support Karlsson. In fact weren't Sharks fans getting annoyed in 2018-2019 when Sens fans participated in Karlsson conversations on the Sharks boards?

There is a small group that is enjoying it but those same people hated him when he was on Ottawa also.

Reactions: Slimmy and Kamina

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I will always be stunned at how rabidly people defended signing Ek to that deal.

It's one thing to have had your fingers crossed but my God there were SO many red flags yet people acted like it was actually stupid to assume anything other than "He'll be back to prime EK for the majority of the deal". Plenty of people seriously attacked if they saw anything other than that assumption.
It was crazy to see. I wonder if those people chose to forget and now jumped on the bandwagon of hating on EK instead

Reactions: FMichael

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com

I will gladly be crucified for 92 million.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

Sens fans don’t want to see him decline. We’ll always feel that he didn’t get the respect he deserved when he was at his peak in the first place

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
He's turning it up after a slow start like usual. However, the Sharks still aren't good and they're probably missing the playoffs again.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Ottawa fans are just happy the Sens are not saddled by an incredibly bad contract. It's too bad for Karlsson but his decline is based strictly on his injuries.
As for losing to the Sharks or the Wings in a series , who the frig cares. they all suck. Wait for a while and see where all 3 teams are. The Senators have some great young talent and will be a heck of alot better than most teams in 2-3 years.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Where is this cockiness coming from? Detroit is 5-5 in their last 10 games against Ottawa and San Jose is 3-7.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Ottawa fans are just happy the Sens are not saddled by an incredibly bad contract. It's too bad for Karlsson but his decline is based strictly on his injuries.
As for losing to the Sharks or the Wings in a series , who the frig cares. they all suck. Wait for a while and see where all 3 teams are. The Senators have some great young talent and will be a heck of alot better than most teams in 2-3 years.
I feel like this quote has been copy/pasted for a solid decade, and the name Karlsson has just replaced the likes of Heatley, Alfie etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00