Erik Karlsson does it again

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Could you create a list that shows the difference betweenness number of points and minus stat? Like Dahlin is minus 34 and has 12 points, so he’s a difference of -22. Hughes has 28 points and is minus 14, so he’s a +14. What’s EK compare don’t to the other guys on your list?

Isn't that basically just adding more junk onto a junk stat?

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yeah, s***, we shouldn’t hype any player since 99 did it all anyways, and much better. Who cares right?

Edit: oh no, I responded to a kings fan....
If you're going to call him the greatest defenseman of ALL TIME, try not to put in qualifiers like the ones I listed because it sort of says he's not.

What do the Kings have to do with this?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Hah! Gawd...

A point per game center and one the best wingers in the game I am not sure how many teams have more than 3 star players but not many, they also had Craig Anderson who was probably one of the most underrated goalies. Sure his last two years were not so good but he spent a few years standing on his head for the sens.
If one of your stars in a Dman like EK it appears you need just as many star forwards as normal and a guy like methot to bail him out all night.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Karlsson is very consistent in being a minus player he plays high risk run and gun he always has
fist it was Ottawa sucks now it’s the sharks suck at what point does his horrific turn overs and inability to defend skating backwards need to be addressed?
Oh that’s right never because 2 points

Actually he's been a plus player in 5 seasons and a minus player in 6 seasons prior to this incomplete season (currently a -6).

Considering the quality of some of those Senators teams, I'm not sure what your point is, aside from being wrong in your assertion that he's consistently a minus player.

Reactions: Slimmy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If you're going to call him the greatest defenseman of ALL TIME, try not to put in qualifiers like the ones I listed because it sort of says he's not.

What do the Kings have to do with this?

the argument was ONE of the greatest. Him being the 2nd or one of a handful to do these things in history is a worthy resume for being one the best.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Actually he's been a plus player in 5 seasons and a minus player in 6 seasons prior to this incomplete season (currently a -6).

Considering the quality of some of those Senators teams, I'm not sure what your point is, aside from being wrong in your assertion that he's consistently a minus player.

Ya 50/50 pond hockey

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That’s a cute little post, I did not mention those guys at all but hey you do you

well i mean they are - players for every season of their careers. so using your logic they are trash.

or does that narrative only apply to Karlsson?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
well i mean they are - players for every season of their careers. so using your logic they are 100 percent pond hockey players.

No Karlsson plays pond hockey, his +- is because of his style of play I did not say every minus player can’t defend skating backwards and I did not say every minus player plays pond hockey
I said Karlsson does

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No Karlsson plays pond hockey, his +- is because of his style of play I did not say every minus player can’t defend skating backwards and I did not say every minus player plays pond hockey
I said Karlsson does

All right so, Karlsson is a - player because he plays pond hockey and not because of the bad teams he's played on.

But Chabot, Tkachuk, Batherson are minus players because of the trash teams they play on?

no bias there

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
All right so, Karlsson is a - player because he plays pond hockey and not because of the bad teams he's played on.

But Chabot, Tkachuk, Batherson are minus players because of the trash teams they play on?

no bias there

None I was thrilled with the trade and still am today. Karlsson is a great offensive player and trash at defending he also has zero problems making the high risk play when he is the last man back.
Why are you so obsessed with those other players?
you can start a thread with your opinion of them...it’s free

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
None I was thrilled with the trade and still am today. Karlsson is a great offensive player and trash at defending he also has zero problems making the high risk play when he is the last man back.
Why are you so obsessed with those other players?
you can start a thread with your opinion of them...it’s free

No obsession with them. Just trying to understand your perspective and tbh it makes no sense.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Remember when people were talking about Point and Sergachev ++ for him as a rental? And I took a mountain of shit from people on this site for saying that he was about to fall off a cliff and that there wasn’t a chance in hell of us giving up either player for him? Yeah, all those flames and rude comments didn’t age well, did they?

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
If you don't think he was exceptional and one of the most electric talents we had the pleasure of watching in the last 30 years or so you are either:

• biased beyond belief
  • hipster contrarian
  • unable to admire greatness
  • not a fan of hockey

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Remember when people were talking about Point and Sergachev ++ for him as a rental? And I took a mountain of shit from people on this site for saying that he was about to fall off a cliff and that there wasn’t a chance in hell of us giving up either player for him? Yeah, all those flames and rude comments didn’t age well, did they?

Not really.

If it bothers you that much what other people say on the internet, you might want to take a break.

The word around Ottawa was a deal around Sergachev was indeed reached but Melnyk nixed the deal himself hoping for more. This was after another deal with Vegas also fell through for the same reason.

Eventually he ran out of patience and demanded that Dorion trade Karlsson just before training camp, forcing Pierre into the San Jose deal given the compressed timeline.

You probably don't believe it, so I don't know why I'm bringing it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: branch

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not really.

If it bothers you that much what other people say on the internet, you might want to take a break.

The word around Ottawa was a deal around Sergachev was indeed reached but Melnyk nixed the deal himself hoping for more. This was after another deal with Vegas also fell through for the same reason.

Eventually he ran out of patience and demanded that Dorion trade Karlsson just before training camp, forcing Pierre into the San Jose deal given the compressed timeline.

You probably don't believe it, so I don't know why I'm bringing it up.

I don’t give a toss what people say about me, but I do rather enjoy rubbing their faces in it when I am inevitably proven right.

And considering word in Tampa is that we wouldn’t even make Foote available for EK, much less Point or Sergachev, you are correct - I don’t believe it.

Reactions: sepster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad