Erik Karlsson does it again

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
At his peak, Karlsson was the best offensive defenseman the NHL had seen in a long, long time. There are no defensemen in the game today that are on par with what he was at that time.
I would argue Cale Makar is at that level, as much as it hurts for me to say.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Here is Auston Matthews saying "Look at me! Look at me!"

images

I don't recognize him with his pants pulled up :sarcasm:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
At his peak, Karlsson was the best offensive defenseman the NHL had seen in a long, long time. There are no defensemen in the game today that are on par with what he was at that time.
Have to agree. It won’t surprise anyone that I think Doughty edged him as the best D-Man but Karlsson was outstanding offensively and you’d be thinking of going back to someone like Leetch as the last guy as good (debatable & off the top of my head).

Reactions: ManofSteel55

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Some notable dmen with worse +/- numbers than Karlsson this season:
Rasmus Dahlin
Quinn Hughes
Brent Burns
Seth Jones
Mark Giordano
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Roman Josi
Zach Werenski
Ryan Ellis
Keith Yandle
John Klingberg

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative.

Karlsson is very consistent in being a minus player he plays high risk run and gun he always has
fist it was Ottawa sucks now it’s the sharks suck at what point does his horrific turn overs and inability to defend skating backwards need to be addressed?
Oh that’s right never because 2 points

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Karlsson is very consistent in being a minus player he plays high risk run and gun he always has
fist it was Ottawa sucks now it’s the sharks suck at what point does his horrific turn overs and inability to defend skating backwards need to be addressed?
Oh that’s right never because 2 points
What?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Some notable dmen with worse +/- numbers than Karlsson this season:
Rasmus Dahlin
Quinn Hughes
Brent Burns
Seth Jones
Mark Giordano
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Roman Josi
Zach Werenski
Ryan Ellis
Keith Yandle
John Klingberg

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative.
Could you create a list that shows the difference betweenness number of points and minus stat? Like Dahlin is minus 34 and has 12 points, so he’s a difference of -22. Hughes has 28 points and is minus 14, so he’s a +14. What’s EK compare don’t to the other guys on your list?

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Youngest Norris winner since Orr, first defenceman since Coffey to finish top 5 in league scoring, only 2nd defenceman in league history to lead the league in assists, led the olympics in scoring etc etc

Now imagine if he actually played on good teams instead of having Turris as his 1c. But not even close right?
Sounds like he's a lot of "second to do it" and "done it since someone else did it before him" and not greatest ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad