Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part II - NORRIS Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthlessLieutenant

Sep 4, 2009
Kingston
That rush in OT was beautiful. It's just too bad he couldn't finish. Who else could do that? Not many players have that kind of speed and creativity.

7iROFIs.gif

bXX9bCG.gif

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If you ask me this is the best Karlsson has ever played. Dude is on pace for 71 points playing with the 22nd ranked offense, and he's been an absolute rock all year. Can't say enough about his defensive game this season. Under Boucher he has truly become an elite defenseman in every zone.

Don't care that Burns has a few more points, EK has been the best defenseman and deserves the Norris.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If you ask me this is the best Karlsson has ever played. Dude is on pace for 71 points playing with the 22nd ranked offense, and he's been an absolute rock all year. Can't say enough about his defensive game this season. Under Boucher he has truly become an elite defenseman in every zone.

Don't care that Burns has a few more points, EK has been the best defenseman and deserves the Norris.

With last year result. Having a few more points should not change anything. But Burns is playing very well to. So let's see if they both keep it up.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Despite a couple of dynamic rushes, his only mention on TSN highlights is of his "turnover" on the Kadri/Mariner goal. The boys in the press box are happy not to consider Erik for Norris voting.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
^ that rush is so filthy. I remember watching it and just thinking.. wow. Candidate for goal of the year if he slides it through Freddy's wickets.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Would have been wicked if Hoffman buried that
especially since Hoffman would bury that more often than not

streamable has a playlist and I've dumped what I had of Karlsson into it. Composition of the playlist is in my usertitle. I even dated/named them since RKL has the ability to remember when plays happened.

streamable.com/3rah1

Click the playlist button at the top left to select a video, and right click to copy the URL of the specific video

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
:thumbu::thumbu:

streamable has a playlist and I've dumped what I had of Karlsson into it. Composition of the playlist is in my usertitle. I even dated/named them since RKL has the ability to remember when plays happened.

streamable.com/3rah1

Click the playlist button at the top left to select a video, and right click to copy the URL of the specific video

Now I got it! Great!:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

streamable.com/3rah1

:clap:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think so to, it's Burns Norris trophy to lose this yr it seems.

Still more than 30 games to play. A LOT can happen in 30+ games. But yes, right now, Burns is probably the front runner. Karlsson and Hedman near him.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If people used Karlsson's defence as an argument as to why he shouldn't win the Norris, in the past, then Burns should be nowhere close to one.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
If people used Karlsson's defence as an argument as to why he shouldn't win the Norris, in the past, then Burns should be nowhere close to one.

The problem with this argument is that Karlsson has indeed won 2 Norris trophies. As of now, Burns is the front runner; he leads his team in goals, assists, points, +/-, and ice-time. He's on pace for over 30 goals, something that very few d-men have ever done, and he's 4th overall in league scoring. Plus, San Jose will make the playoffs, and he does kill penalties, too.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Dang. That was probably the dumbest decision by Karlsson in a long time. There has got to be a rule in OT never to shoot on a rush from the wall like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad