Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread Part II - NORRIS Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It really is a testiment to what kind of player Karlsson is. Not many players excel at playing so many different styles. It's such a wonderful thing to have in a captain and makes the team better in the long run.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It really is a testiment to what kind of player Karlsson is. Not many players excel at playing so many different styles. It's such a wonderful thing to have in a captain and makes the team better in the long run.

I remember when he first came into the league and how it seemed like he was getting better and better after every game, month after month. Turning weaknesses into strengths. All the way up to when got Cooked. It was unbelievable to see and truly a sign of a great.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
RKL sure is an optimistic dude, can't blame him for that.

Don't know if it's just me but damn as a Senators fan sometimes I feel we don't get any love. Karlsson had an historic season last year and a sick one and they were barely any articles by the NHL but yet only this week there's 2 on Burns saying "on pace for an historic season". Don't get me wrong full credit to Burns and he deserves the praise it's just weird how there's two ways they look at it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Re: Karlsson, I'm really impressed with how he is taking the leadership responsibility. Very happy with him having the C. He has no problem calling out his team's general effort mid-game. And it is so obvious that he DEEPLY cares about winning. I think that's why a move for a star centre needs to happen soon.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dorion has one move that can stamp a legacy for the rest of his GM career and that movie is to find a way, somehow, someway, to get Tavares and he'll transform this team into a mini modern day Dynasty, IMO. Especially if we keep Chabot. Ya, Im optimistic, but it's cause the alternative is very dark looooooool

While I generally agree trading for either Tavares (preferred) or Duschene (second option) would give Ottawa a legitimate number one centre, I also think it would create more holes in the lineup by all the assets people are willing to give up. While the top 6 improves incrementally, the bottom six doesn't improve at all & there are no guarantees with Ryan on any line that his play will suddenly improve. Wondercarrot your second line has been tried numerous times & Ryan seems incapable of showing any chemistry with Brassard & having two give away machines on that line in Ryan & Hoffman could hurt more than help the team.

I would hate to see Ottawa give away a blue chip prospect (White, Brown or Chabot) who have the potential to improve the team we have now, rather than make a knee jerk trade that could back fire. It's also more likely that Tavares & Duschene with their hefty salaries will be dealt in the off season when team have much more cap space to make big expensive deals. Personally, I would be amazed if Tavares leaves the NYI but you never know. I just don't know why Snow would even consider moving his #1 centre, face of the franchise, captain, leading scorer & one of the best players in the league, why not look to get him more help?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What did Karlsson say regarding the loss yesterday? TSN 1200 mentioned he didn't seem very pleased during the second intermission and post game interviews.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Re: Karlsson, I'm really impressed with how he is taking the leadership responsibility. Very happy with him having the C. He has no problem calling out his team's general effort mid-game. And it is so obvious that he DEEPLY cares about winning. I think that's why a move for a star centre needs to happen soon.

Ding ding ding.

I also think getting a player who is elite, will keep EK in check himself. When we had Alfie, Karlsson had someone to answer to when he was playing poorly. Now he has no one since no one comes close to his impact on the team.

That's why I want to get Jagr for now, if possible(tho seems maybe price will be too steep), I think having Jagr on the team will humble EK more and keep him in check and make him play harder to impress an all-time legend.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Ding ding ding.

I also think getting a player who is elite, will keep EK in check himself. When we had Alfie, Karlsson had someone to answer to when he was playing poorly. Now he has no one since no one comes close to his impact on the team.

That's why I want to get Jagr for now, if possible(tho seems maybe price will be too steep), I think having Jagr on the team will humble EK more and keep him in check and make him play harder to impress an all-time legend.

Karlsson is the only guy other than Stone who actually plays hard every game. He doesn't need someone to keep him in check. But, definitely we can use another elite player to take a little pressure off of him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Karlsson is the only guy other than Stone who actually plays hard every game. He doesn't need someone to keep him in check. But, definitely we can use another elite player to take a little pressure off of him.

Smith plays hard

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tonight was one of the best all-around games Ive ever seen him play.

He was unbelievable. Our best defensive player and offensive. There is no way Mr. Point Shot Burns has been better than EK in all facets of the game, just no way.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Everyone knows it, Karlsson got robbed last year and should've won the Norris. No disrespect to Burns he's an amazing player but everyone who watches hockey and is a fan of the sport HAS to appreciate Karlsson's greatness when he's on the ice and how he dominates in possession whenever he's out there.

This years Karlsson has been such a BEAST
F***ing wizard
What I've been noticing about his defensive play is how he doesn't just block shots, instead he converts it into a possesion causing a turnover which then leads to a scoring chance
Genius counter attack
His ability to control opposing shots after every block is something special

Brent burns is a R-winger and should be disqualified for the Norris lol

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Tonight was one of the best all-around games Ive ever seen him play.

He was unbelievable. Our best defensive player and offensive. There is no way Mr. Point Shot Burns has been better than EK in all facets of the game, just no way.

He was dialed in this game for sure.

Once he was alone on a breakaway which is so rare the last few seasons. Got puck of a great Stone steal and pass. Super calculated offensive sortie. Was it just this game or have there not been that many good calculated opportunities for Karlsson to go full Coffey for a long while?

I kind of think Karlsson is always ready to go full Coffey and he read that play perfect. Or Karlsson was just super hungry this game and taking bigger chances?

Either way he was awesome. Stone was awesome. The team was awesome. Loved the game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I kind of think Karlsson is always ready to go full Coffey and he read that play perfect. Or Karlsson was just super hungry this game and taking bigger chances?

definitely was on a mission this game.

Since he had an excellent game and called out the team vs Florida, he had to backup his words and did so tonight in a repeat, better encore from 2 nights ago. The rest of the team followed and we had a near flawless victory.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
He's fantastic right now. Pre-Cooke level! Seems like he's doing whatever he wants whenever he wants, a treat to watch.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
This could arguably be his best season and he will not win the Norris. It's weird.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I prefer him leading us to the playoffs rather than a Norris. No need to bash Burns to pop up Karl, Burns is having a solid season. He's 32 and Karlsson is still up there too. Years go by but only one name stays there always.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I prefer him leading us to the playoffs rather than a Norris. No need to bash Burns to pop up Karl, Burns is having a solid season. He's 32 and Karlsson is still up there too. Years go by but only one name stays there always.

That's why he need to be called the best dman in the league.

His name is always near the Norris. Always since he won it the first time. except two saison. One he got Cooked.. and the other was a disaster in his zone, Cooked season before.. Since than.. he won the Norris, was runner-up and will is in the hunted this year again.

Consistency is what the best do. And Karlsson is always near the top.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
That's why he need to be called the best dman in the league.

His name is always near the Norris. Always since he won it the first time. except two saison. One he got Cooked.. and the other was a disaster in his zone, Cooked season before.. Since than.. he won the Norris, was runner-up and will is in the hunted this year again.

Consistency is what the best do. And Karlsson is always near the top.

What I find funny is how much recognition Burns gets compared to Karlsson last year for both historic seasons. No need to bash Burns for me but man it's crazy how you read these boards and how many people know **** all about hockey. Once you're big and hit you're automically good on defense. It's just sad to read.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What I find funny is how much recognition Burns gets compared to Karlsson last year for both historic seasons. No need to bash Burns for me but man it's crazy how you read these boards and how many people know **** all about hockey. Once you're big and hit you're automically good on defense. It's just sad to read.
and he is canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad