Confirmed with Link: Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder + 3rd round pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
While people hate on him.......

Ryder is now the team leader with 14 pts ( tied with MaxPac )

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Very surprising deal! Seems like a wash talent-wise with Ryder having the edge in age and UFA status this summer and Cole possessing more leadership qualities. I really wanted to see Cole in the playoffs, though.

Oh well... Welcome back, EZ!

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
people are underestimating Ryder's physicality and size.Ryder isn't a soft player.He's not a super physical and tough player neither , but he's no Pierre Turgeon.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
+Habs gain caproom for FAs
+Habs Unload a player who seems to be declining/becoming overpaid
+Habs gain a natural goal scorer who is playing well

-Cole could just be in a funk, and could light it up
-Habs lose size up front, the only place they had it

We also lose speed.

I'm warming up to the deal. They better use that 5M this summer though!! :o

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
people are underestimating Ryder's physicality and size.Ryder isn't a soft player.He's not a super physical and tough player neither , but he's no Pierre Turgeon.

At the same time, Cole speed-size combo is a killer. When he's on his game he's a superior player.

Ryder was my favorite player when he was here. I still love him. His game is too different from Cole's to compare.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
LOL there is no way we got a pick too. No way.

It's purely impossible. I don't believe it....yet. It has to be the other way around, 'cause Dallas takes that money and all and the fact that point for point, this year, we're getting a better player. Why in hell would Dallas give a pick....a 3RD ROUND PICK???

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Either MB really thought Cole was on an abrupt down slope OR maybe the retirement thing might be for real ? If he were to retire we take the cap hit and end up with no player...

Or just maybe we're gearing up for a homerun this summer ! I guess I'm kindda of happy to get rid of the last 2 yrs of that deal.

But for now our right side is weakish though with Gally, Ryder and Gio : no size, not a lot of speed... 2012 Cole brought stuff that those guyys just can't. Looks like the brass thought THAT version of Cole was dead and buried

Remedy

May 31, 2012
Up North
Never saw this coming, was pretty shocked when I read the update to my phone... Like ryder?!? but makes sense now that I think about it.

Though I always enjoyed watching cole drive to the net sad to see him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad