Confirmed with Link: Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder + 3rd round pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
As a hawks fan I come in peace!

The way I see this,

Erik Cole was basically having a good time with his family this off season and almost was ready for retirement. ( by the sound bites on his interviews )

Micheal Ryder is a massive upgrade over a half hearted Erik Cole, he will be a good fit in your line up, as well as the ability to put up the points and rise to the occasion in big games.

The third round draft pick is like a cherry on top for Montreal in this situation as I'm sure you'll find Cole retiring this upcoming off season.

TheNuge

You're putting too much weight on the retirement think. That's a CBA thing, IMHO it's completely unrelated to his slow start. If he had 10 gaols already nobody would be bringing it up.

He's a notorious slow starter PLUS they started with no preseason and had an 8 month off season, making it worse.

That being said expecting 35 goals the last 3 years of his contract is probably not realistic either, I think he settles in as a 25-25-50 player based on about 80 games.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Thread's at its limit. Rather than create a new one, I think the rest of the discussion relating to the trade can go in either the "goodbye Cole" thread, the Ryder/Gallagher jersey # thread, or the Ryder on the PP thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->