Confirmed with Link: Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder + 3rd round pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
+Habs gain caproom for FAs
+Habs Unload a player who seems to be declining/becoming overpaid
+Habs gain a natural goal scorer who is playing well

-Cole could just be in a funk, and could light it up
-Habs lose size up front, the only place they had it

Erik Cole never used his size, so Montreal doesn't suffer from a loss in height here.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, the Ryder-Cole trade still awaiting trade call. The Habs also get a draft pick in the deal. Cole waived NTC

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Cole is A LOT better than Ryder, I really don't like this.

The positive is that Ryder is UFA.

Cole didn't want to be here. He played like it and Renaud just said he wasn't particularly popular in the room anymore. Said he was a negative element in that room.

And Ryder is younger, can score and isn't signed beyond this year.

I'm happy.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm not sure I like this and it's not due to the quality of both players but in terms of style. How does Ryder play nowadays? I remember him as a perimeter/high-slot player. We'll only have Bourque as a net-crashing big winger now. But hey, we're still rebuilding despite the results this year. We'll have young players to sign. I'll give Ryder his chance but I hope he has nothing to do with the player that used to try dekes all the time despite sucking at it.

Saintpatrick*

It's purely impossible. I don't believe it....yet. It has to be the other way around, 'cause Dallas takes that money and all and the fact that point for point, this year, we're getting a better player. Why in hell would Dallas give a pick....a 3RD ROUND PICK???
Sounds like it's true

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, the Ryder-Cole trade still awaiting trade call. The Habs also get a draft pick in the deal. Cole waived NTC

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pierre Lebrun CONFIRMS we're getting a pick!!! My bet is that it's a 2014 pick. Dallas wouldn't give a 3rd round in 2013.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Cole is A LOT better than Ryder, I really don't like this.

The positive is that Ryder is UFA.

Change "is" to "was" and your post is pretty accurate.

You cant hang your hat on what a player did last year. Does not help the team this year.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Eff RDS, I'm not Cole's biggest fan but they are going too far with Cole: out of shape, bad in the locker room, negative attitude, etc etc. What do they know.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
It's purely impossible. I don't believe it....yet. It has to be the other way around, 'cause Dallas takes that money and all and the fact that point for point, this year, we're getting a better player. Why in hell would Dallas give a pick....a 3RD ROUND PICK???

I understand what you mean but having a contract is normally a positive. And 5M for a guy that scored 35 last year and is not very old is not that much. It depends if you think he'll bounce back or not.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If the habs got a 3rd and gave nothing more, Bergevin just got a favor back from Dallas for the Ribs trade. (That's the polite way of saying he fleeced them big times)

thats it, i'm calling the cops :pickle:

I'm getting drunk :banana:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Erik Cole never used his size, so Montreal doesn't suffer from a loss in height here.

I disagree with this.

He always finished his checks, he didn't hit to destroy like Lucic, but he was consistently hitting the other teams' players. He his a lot more than most of the people on the team.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
How the heck is that true? Cole used his size all the time when driving to the net.

He used his speed to drive to the net, and usually beat his opponent to the outside. When he didn't beat the defender, more often than not he was either bumped off the puck or forced into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad