Confirmed with Link: Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder + 3rd round pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelpj*

now, do something about the REAL cancer of the Canadiens. Gionta. Trade that son of a bitsh for Koivu.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Wow did you guts hear what Lavoie just said? Said Cole wasn't a good leader at all... Was very negative and created "divisions" in the room.

Now that he's gone and takes a dump on him?

Could Lavoie do his job and tell us what is going on when it happens plz, not 4 weeks later when the guy is traded LOL.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/status/306541777597382658

Wow... Didn't see this coming at all.

I loved Cole. I know he had a very very slow start. But he was starting to rev up the gears now. On the other hand, Ryder has been producing more points, isn't as expensive as Cole and his contract ends after this season. Meaning, we can go hard on acquiring a good UFA. Though Cole is faster and more physical. Just weird to see Ryder again after how his last season with us went. You know, the paper air planes and all...

The contract was too long for the money. I knew it would be a problem, I'm just glad we had a GM with some foresight to get rid of him now rather than wait.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Really not sure what to think. Last years Cole was awesome and just what this team needed. This year, not so much..

Makes me wonder if Cole quietly asked for a trade.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
I absolutely love this deal. Of course, I'm biaised because Ryder was one of my favorite players when he played here :sarcasm: But regardless, the cap space gained for next year is very valuable.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Isn't Bob Gainey somehow tied to Dallas? He got rid of Ryder and signed Cole.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If Cole was traded because of locker-room unity, then it's a good move. But like I said, Cole brings more of a need that really can't be replaced right now. The size-speed combo makes him hard to play against. He was starting to heat up and looked good with Galchenyuk and Eller.

fufonzo

Feb 28, 2004
The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Yes, Cole on his A game is better than Ryder. This year, Ryder's been better, he's younger, is cheaper, and is UFA next year if he doesn't perform.

I don't understand the hate for Ryder.

(Also, didn't Cole want to head back to the southern states? If so, it was a classy move on Bergy's part - and it was a good move for the Habs)

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Now that he's gone and takes a dump on him?

Could Lavoie do his job and tell us what is going on when it happens plz, not 4 weeks later when the guy is traded LOL.

I wouldn't believe one word of it. The media here is clueless. The whole "division" think got a chuckle out of me because the most divisive entity in Montreal is the media.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Ouatte da Phoque.

I guess MB is just trying to free up some cap space for this summer. Won't have to use the Amnesty buyout on Cole, will be able to let Ryder go in free agency, (or resign him) and use the buyout on Kaberle.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
iQ6Vm1u6KMSFn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad