• PSV

• FC Utrecht

• FC Groningen

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Go Ahead Eagles were bringing it to Ajax. Currently up 2-1. Playing well but might succumb before the 90 is up. Their fans, 10k strong, are loving it. Great atmosphere.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Ajax looking terrible. Their defending is rubbish. Feyenoord has their first goals at the Arena over the past 5 years and if result stands will have their first win in Amsterdam since '05 or something like that. Bad spells come to an end but, damn, not looking good for Ajax today.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, Ajax lost the ball in bad situations and feyenoord punished them hard. Like Timber spearheading the attack in the opponents' box, losing the ball, and then missing his recovery tackle in midfield when others were not covering for him defensively. Not to mention Mazraoui's bad pass under pressure.

But Ajax won in the end.

Gravenberch's long range shot (rebound lead to goal) was good, and Tadic's free kick goal was great. Anthony had eventful last minutes, first scoring the late winner and getting booked for taking his shirt off. Then his ridiculous time wasting (even captain Tadic was trying to pull him up) and getting a 2nd yellow and being sent off.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, Ajax lost the ball in bad situations and feyenoord punished them hard. Like Timber spearheading the attack in the opponents' box, losing the ball, and then missing his recovery tackle in midfield when others were not covering for him defensively. Not to mention Mazraoui's bad pass under pressure.

But Ajax won in the end.

Gravenberch's long range shot (rebound lead to goal) was good, and Tadic's free kick goal was great. Anthony had eventful last minutes, first scoring the late winner and getting booked for taking his shirt off. Then his ridiculous time wasting (even captain Tadic was trying to pull him up) and getting a 2nd yellow and being sent off.
Pull him up? No, Tadic was throwing him right back to the floor after Antony came back on the pitch from near the benches lol. That was embarrassing stuff from Ajax and Feyenoord had a stonewall pen not given also.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yea Tadic put Antony on the ground. And from what I recall there was no time added to make up for that whole thing.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What is the story about the anti-ESPN banners popping up at Eredivisie matches? I was not aware ESPN was a thing in the Netherlands? I thought games were on Tele2 domestically. Back in the days of Sopcast streaming all Ajax games I saw were on Tele2.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSV won the Dutch cup. Ajax were ahead at half-time via well placed low shot by Gravenberch.

But Cody Gakpo took over at the start of 2nd half, first delivering the free kick from which the equalizer was headed in (Ajax lack of team height and heading prowess showed conceding that goal). And then scoring the winner himself. Not sure why he was taken off before the 70th minute, but PSV hold on for the win.

Ajax probably should have started Haller from the start, although Brobbey wasn't bad in the 1st half.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I only watched the 2nd half but thought it was really entertaining, PSV had so many chances to kill the game but were very wasteful.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Goal feast between Ajax and PSV in the Supercup. Good preparation for PSV before their upcoming European qualification matches.

Cody Gakpo had a very good game before his substitution. Obviously he is good enough to play in the better leagues, but it looks like there probably isn't a suitable spot available in the CL teams, who can afford him.

Of course someone like Newcastle would be an option, but he might wait how things turn out with PSV.

Guus Til banged in the goals as well.

Bergwijn scored a well executed goal for Ajax, but faded away later on. Alvarez had a good compatitive match, but Bassey was sent off for a rough ankle tackle, so it was a short debut for him.

Reactions: Ajacied

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I hope Mohammed Kudus will be healthy this season. He is a player who can explode.

Oh, Simon Olsson strongly rumored to Heervenen. Good player.

Amin Sarr, Hussein Ali, Kaib, Al Haijj, Timossi Andersson...are all swedes/have swedish roots. With Olsson that would mean 6 swedes in Heervenen.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gonna try to watch more Eredivisie. The game I saw at De Kuip might be the most fun sporting event I’ve ever been to.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Lucca not even mentioned in the Ajax preview. I'm very curious to see how he does if he gets consistent minutes.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Not the news I wanted to read this morning. Rise early just to watch Ajax. No games on ESPN+ and then I find this.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In the AZ- Dundee Utd ConfL qual match (home team are trashing Scots 6-0 early in the 2nd half) director seems to have most fun filming a big DU spectator snoozing on the stands.

Reactions: Ajacied

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
There might be some truth in that, Bergwijn scored a hattrick in the match. Groningen wasn't much of a test.

Haller replacement Lucca showed some promise, but maybe could have scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad