• FC Utrecht

• FC Groningen

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Not the biggest league around and barely worthy of it's own thread, but there's some Dutch support here and I usually put in some effort trying to write and review.

Competition will start next weekend.

Predicition: Standings top 10
Based on a full 34 game season
1Ajax82 pointsCL
2AZ76 pointsCL qualifiers
3PSV74 pointsUEFA League
4Feyenoord60 pointsUEFA League qualifiers
5FC Utrecht55 pointsUEFA League qualifiers
6FC Groningen51 pointsUEFA League qualifiers
7Willem II48 pointsUEFA League qualifiers
8Heracles45 points-
9Vitesse43 points-
10SC Heerenveen40 points-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Top 5 ones to watch:
  1. Arjen Robben
    Will join Groningen, which will likely compete for place #4-6 and able to upset those above them. Will be fun watching him play again, though my expectations are tempered.
  2. Antony Mateus dos Santos
    Highly touted Brazilian having an impressive pre-season. Could score and assist in double digits playing in Ten Hag's high octane passing system.
  3. Maxi Romero
    Been out with nagging injuries for two full seasons. Was supposed to be the next big thing for PSV. Now healthy, but competition is stiff.
  4. Eljero Elia
    Was an important figure in an historic Turkish title last season. Might have lost a step, but his game suits the Eredivisie a lot. Will also join Utrecht, a team posing a serious threat to squeak into the top 4.
  5. Zakaria Labyad
    Ten Hag had to bring him along from FC Utrecht when he came over to Amsterdam, but never played much behind Ziyech. Now with Ziyech gone, Labyad has grabbed the opportunity and he's impressing a lot.
Honorable mention:
Noa Lang - An enfant terrible and an eternal talent, but blessed with so much skill. Fun player to watch and has really taken the next step. Could impress and contribute with Ajax as his pre-season seems to have convinced Ten Hag. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Neres for that LW spot.

Prediction: Top scorers
1Donyell MalenPSV25
2Myron BoaduAZ22
3Nicolai JorgensenFeyenoord17
4Vangelis PavlidisWillem II17
5Dusan TadicAjax13
6Steven BerghuisFeyenoord13
7Antony Mateus dos SantosAjax12
8Quincy PromesAjax11
9Gyrano KerkFC Utrecht11
10Idrissi & StengsBoth AZ11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Will surprise: Kwasi Wriedt (Willem II)

Prediction: Award races
Best goalkeeperBest defenderBest midfielderBest forwardMVPBest coach
1Onana (Ajax)Blind* (Ajax)Koopmeiners (AZ)Malen (PSV)Onana (Ajax)vd Brom (Utrecht)
2Paes (Utrecht)Tagliafico (Ajax)Martinez (Ajax)Tadic (Ajax)Koopmeiners (AZ)Ten Hag (Ajax)
3Bizot (AZ)Senesi (Fey)Veerman (Heerenv)Stengs (AZ)Malen (PSV)Slot (AZ)
4Bijlow (Fey)Klaiber (Utrecht)Ihattaren (PSV)Berghuis (Fey)Kerk (Utrecht)Schmidt (PSV)
5Drommel (Twente)Dumfries (PSV)Kokcu (Fey)Boadu (AZ)Berghuis (Fey)Advocaat (Fey)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*If healthy

Top 15 youngsters ready to make a big splash (U21)
  1. Mohamed Ihattaren (AM - 18 - PSV)
  2. Donyell Malen (ST - 21 - PSV)
  3. Ryan Gravenberch (CM - 18 - Ajax)
  4. Calvin Stengs (RW - 21 - AZ)
  5. Myron Boadu (ST - 19 - AZ)
  6. Antony Mateus dos Santos (W - 20 - Ajax)
  7. Noni Madueke (W/ST - 18 - PSV)
  8. Joey Veerman (CM - 21 - SC Heerenveen)
  9. Mohammed Kudus (AM - 20 - Ajax)
  10. Owen Wijndal (LB - 20 - AZ)
  11. Serginho Dest (RB - 19 - Ajax)
  12. Per Schuurs (CB - 20 - Ajax)
  13. Orkun Köckü (CM - 20 - Feyenoord)
  14. Evert Linthorst (CM - 20 - VVV)
  15. Jordan Teze (RB - 20 - PSV)
Fixtures round 1:
1536x864a.jpg

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You know I'm very high on Veerman; nice to see him in your rankings. ;)

I think Ihattaren's breakout will coincide with PSV taking the title this year if Malen stays healthy (and doesn't get bought in the winter). As exciting as some of the players that Ajax have coming up are I think they miss van de Beek and Ziyech a lot this season.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Veerman has been rumoured to be a target for Club Brugge but not much has come of that so far.

I'm surprised Stengs and Boadu are still at AZ.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
You know I'm very high on Veerman; nice to see him in your rankings. ;)

I think Ihattaren's breakout will coincide with PSV taking the title this year if Malen stays healthy (and doesn't get bought in the winter). As exciting as some of the players that Ajax have coming up are I think they miss van de Beek and Ziyech a lot this season.

I am a fan of Veerman, too. I'm just a bit less enthusiastic in terms of his upside. He'll have to carry Heerenveen on his shoulders this year, so he's up for a heavy task despite his age. Looking forward what he can do.

Aside from Malen missing 10 games, PSV were fairly healthy last season. They looked like a mess all year. I am hopeful Schmidt can turn this team into somewhat more organized, but for the 3rd consecutive year, they have failed to address getting a proper #6 and two quality CB's (though the jury is still out on Baumgartl). Not to mention their uncertainties in goal. They will likely start the season with Baumgartl, Viergever as CB's - Rosario in front of them and Mvogo/Zoet behind them. That's mediocrity and a far cry from title material. Scary attack and depth up front, no doubt.

I share your concerns regarding Ajax a bit, but at the same time I am very ecstatic to see all those youngsters getting minutes. Especially with 5 subs now.

Veerman has been rumoured to be a target for Club Brugge but not much has come of that so far.

I'm surprised Stengs and Boadu are still at AZ.
Feyenoord was also interested, but likely backed out as Heerenveen will likely want close to 10M.

I think especially Stengs but also Boadu are playing their last seasons in the Eredivisie this year.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I am a fan of Veerman, too. I'm just a bit less enthusiastic in terms of his upside. He'll have to carry Heerenveen on his shoulders this year, so he's up for a heavy task despite his age. Looking forward what he can do.

Aside from Malen missing 10 games, PSV were fairly healthy last season. They looked like a mess all year. I am hopeful Schmidt can turn this team into somewhat more organized, but for the 3rd consecutive year, they have failed to address getting a proper #6 and two quality CB's (though the jury is still out on Baumgartl). Not to mention their uncertainties in goal. They will likely start the season with Baumgartl, Viergever as CB's - Rosario in front of them and Mvogo/Zoet behind them. That's mediocrity and a far cry from title material. Scary attack and depth up front, no doubt.

I share your concerns regarding Ajax a bit, but at the same time I am very ecstatic to see all those youngsters getting minutes. Especially with 5 subs now.

Yeah I'm really excited for the injection of youth this season especially with the extra subs. I just think PSV will have that spark up front that allow them to kind of take the top when there's no clear top team this season with some of the sales.

Feyenoord was also interested, but likely backed out as Heerenveen will likely want close to 10M.

I think especially Stengs but also Boadu are playing their last seasons in the Eredivisie this year.

Yeah I thought that Veerman would go but I think COVID also played a part. Stengs, Boadu, Wijndal and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Malen and Ihattaren all leave after this season as well. There might just be too much money involved in Ihattaren's case if he breaks out like I think he will.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Martinez MVP and Senesi 2nd MVP.

Tagliacifo 3rd, no? :groucho:

@Ajacied you really think there's a player in Romero? I written him off completely lol

Not completely. I hear he looks hungry in camp. Dropped about 5 kg’s and looks fit. This pandemic might have done him well. His confidence must be fragile though and he‘ll need to work his way in and steal minutes from Malen, Madueke, Lammers, Bruma and Gakpo. Odds are definitely against him right now, but I like to be proven wrong.

I think PSV will try to sell or loan him out if he can’t impress before winter.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tagliacifo 3rd, no? :groucho:

Not completely. I hear he looks hungry in camp. Dropped about 5 kg’s and looks fit. This pandemic might have done him well. His confidence must be fragile though and he‘ll need to work his way in and steal minutes from Malen, Madueke, Lammers, Bruma and Gakpo. Odds are definitely against him right now, but I like to be proven wrong.

I think PSV will try to sell or loan him out if he can’t impress before winter.
tags is on another level. :P

Side note I think this is the last year for Martinez. He will explode on the scene internationally book his ticket for Copa and move on to a big team in the summer. If Tagliafico doesnt leave Ajax by next summer he should stay for good.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
tags is on another level. :P

Side note I think this is the last year for Martinez. He will explode on the scene internationally book his ticket for Copa and move on to a big team in the summer. If Tagliafico doesnt leave Ajax by next summer he should stay for good.

I think that all depends on the position he’ll play at and how his season goes. If he will be used at multiple positions, he will not fully grow into a specific role. Clubs buy versatile players for depth purposes, but want their star players to excel at one position. But if he plays #6 or #4 for a full season and Ajax does well in Europe, I think he’s gone, too. I could see Tagliafico leaving before the window closes still. Hope not. If he stays I think the real elite teams will no longer be interested as much. He’ll be 29 by then and clubs won’t be able to make any profit of him when they sell him again. He’s a legend and a warrior, though. Can’t believe Ajax is able to retain one of world’s premier LB’s in his prime. Just (unofficially) named captain now that Blind is out with heart problems as well.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think that all depends on the position he’ll play at and how his season goes. If he will be used at multiple positions, he will not fully grow into a specific role. Clubs buy versatile players for depth purposes, but want their star players to excel at one position. But if he plays #6 or #4 for a full season and Ajax does well in Europe, I think he’s gone, too. I could see Tagliafico leaving before the window closes still. Hope not. If he stays I think the real elite teams will no longer be interested as much. He’ll be 29 by then and clubs won’t be able to make any profit of him when they sell him again. He’s a legend and a warrior, though. Can’t believe Ajax is able to retain one of world’s premier LB’s in his prime. Just (unofficially) named captain now that Blind is out with heart problems as well.
Meh I think his potential is obvious and he's producing where ever he plays so, teams will circle around him regardless of where they want him they know they're getting an elite talent.

Nico's career has been a bit chaotic and could've ended in a tragedy tbh. He looked captain material in u17s, figured he will excel as one of the best in his position. Then went to Mexico lool, then back to Argentina than Ajax discovered him. He should fire his agent and that person should never work in footy again tbh. It gives him hope for Ascacibar whos taking forever to find a decent team.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Both Veerman (21) and van der Heijde (18) stood out vs Willem II, with Heerenveen winning 2-0 in the first Eredivisie game in 6 months.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Both Veerman (21) and van der Heijde (18) stood out vs Willem II, with Heerenveen winning 2-0 in the first Eredivisie game in 6 months.
:) Yes. Veerman is very impressive and I'm glad that OBM coming in didn't affect van der Heide's playtime (I think I had brought him up to you almost 2 years ago briefly).

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Notes of this round
  • Ajax beat Sparta after being down a man, as Tagliafico was sent off early. Antony MOTM. Very gutsy, fast and trickery. Scored the lonely goal.
  • PSV beat Groningen 3-1. Gakpo with two goals. Ihattaren didn’t start as he was sent off at practice a day before. Robben went off with an injury after 29 minutes. He was frustrated and furious at the same time.
  • Berghuis MOTM vs PEC Zwolle. Scored both goals.
  • AZ vs Utrecht was postponed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Notes of this round
  • Ajax beat Sparta after being down a man, as Tagliafico was sent off early. Antony MOTM. Very gutsy, fast and trickery. Scored the lonely goal.
  • PSV beat Groningen 3-1. Gakpo with two goals. Ihattaren didn’t start as he was sent off at practice a day before. Robben went off with an injury after 29 minutes. He was frustrated and furious at the same time.
  • Berghuis MOTM vs PEC Zwolle. Scored both goals.
  • AZ vs Utrecht was postponed.
Yeah Antony looks like quite the talent. Shoutout to @John Pedro who made me aware of him quite a while ago already. :)

Gakpo continues to impress as well; I've always liked him. He's not maybe as flashy as some other players but he he's quite efficient. I really feel for Robben, a career marred by injury already and coming back to help Groningen out and it ends up this way. I only hope he recovers quickly and can still make an impact, he looked really upset. How about Madueke? Wouldn't be surprised if he has a big breakout season as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As long as you guys are ready for an Heerenveen title with Arjen van der Heide winning player of the year. ;)

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
As long as you guys are ready for an Heerenveen title with Arjen van der Heide winning player of the year. ;)

He and Veerman again solid. Mitchell van Bergen returned as well. They have some nice young weapons up front and also got van Hecke (Oranje U19) on loan from Brighton to help the defense. Still haven’t replaced Ejuke and should upgrade both back positions, get a creative AM and they could definitely fight for that #5 spot.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad