Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Eredivisie is back on ESPN.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Jurriën Timber just won the awards for best young talent and best player, something that’s never been done in Eredivisie history. Kid is special.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I haven't seen most of the other bottom half Eredivisie teams, but Cambuur looked absolute awful. Even if it was against likely champions Ajax, so they will obviously be better matched against other lower level teams. But based on this match, I wouldn' be surprised if they're relegated at the end of the season.

Ajax could/should have scored at least another four, especially in the first half they made several good passes from the right flank (by Rensch, maybe) into the box, and all you needed was somebody to tap them in, the net was wide open. I don't where Brobbey was at those times, but he certainly wasn't at that spot where CF was supposed to be.

He was rightfully pulled at half time, and at least in the 2nd half Kudus managed finish one of those chances (albeit that time a pass from the left flank by Bassey).

CBs Timber and Bassey often found themselves almost being like deep-lying playmakers, as they were the ones with the ball near the opponent's box, trying to create something. As pretty much every Cambuur player was in and around their penalty area.

Even on the few Cambuur counter attacks there was no real threat for Ajax, as Bassey was easily able use his good speed to catch any opponent running with the ball.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Bergwijn is unfair.

He has a very nice start. Gels well with everybody.
I haven't seen most of the other bottom half Eredivisie teams, but Cambuur looked absolute awful. Even if it was against likely champions Ajax, so they will obviously be better matched against other lower level teams. But based on this match, I wouldn' be surprised if they're relegated at the end of the season.

Ajax could/should have scored at least another four, especially in the first half they made several good passes from the right flank (by Rensch, maybe) into the box, and all you needed was somebody to tap them in, the net was wide open. I don't where Brobbey was at those times, but he certainly wasn't at that spot where CF was supposed to be.

He was rightfully pulled at half time, and at least in the 2nd half Kudus managed finish one of those chances (albeit that time a pass from the left flank by Bassey).

CBs Timber and Bassey often found themselves almost being like deep-lying playmakers, as they were the ones with the ball near the opponent's box, trying to create something. As pretty much every Cambuur player was in and around their penalty area.

Even on the few Cambuur counter attacks there was no real threat for Ajax, as Bassey was easily able use his good speed to catch any opponent running with the ball.

You didn’t exactly pick a real Eredivisie threat to watch here, Gary :)

Cambuur is the worst Eredivisie side. They don’t belong. Ajax beat them with such ease, I doubt they were giving more than 50%. I thought Ajax were far from impressive today. Schreuder hasn’t hit the level Ten Hag made Ajax play.

Looking forward to see Bassey vs CL opponents. He needs to be tested before I rate him.

Brobbey didn’t look sharp. I still frown upon paying that much money for him. I’m never convinced about him. Kudus did better while being a CAM of origin.

Reactions: gary69

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
The entire bottom half of the Eredivisie is just really bad, they should cut their league by at least 4 to 6 teams, like most other smaller countries. Belgium has the same problem, at least we're going back from 18 to 16 next year.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
The entire bottom half of the Eredivisie is just really bad, they should cut their league by at least 4 to 6 teams, like most other smaller countries. Belgium has the same problem, at least we're going back from 18 to 16 next year.
I think there are about 3/4 teams every year that offer very little. Wouldn’t mind cutting it down to 16, either. I’m still pro Beneliga.
Still cant believe PSV lost to Rangers over 2 legs.
PSV were absolutely awful vs the Rangers. Not sure Ruud knows what he’s doing at times. They lost to Twente yesterday as well, though that’s hardly a shame. I see Twente finishing top 5.

Reactions: ecemleafs

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It doesn't seem to matter who the opponents are, another dominating performance by Ajax against Heerenveen with a 5-0 win.

Those kind of schemes don't often work, but this time Taylor finished from a side-pass from a free kick, which seemed to have been orchestrated by Tadic. Tadic himself had several assists today.

Kudos with a pair of goals, so even if the sub Brobbey scored also (they both were on the pitch together for a short while), it looks like Kudus is the starter at the moment.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
It doesn't seem to matter who the opponents are, another dominating performance by Ajax against Heerenveen with a 5-0 win.

Those kind of schemes don't often work, but this time Taylor finished from a side-pass from a free kick, which seemed to have been orchestrated by Tadic. Tadic himself had several assists today.

Kudos with a pair of goals, so even if the sub Brobbey scored also (they both were on the pitch together for a short while), it looks like Kudus is the starter at the moment.
Schreuder is slowly winning me over. Smart tactics and I can get behind his roulation. And Kudus, dude just needs to start. Kid is a world class talent and it even shows when he’s playing striker in stead of at #10. Also good to see Tadic performing like he should. He’s been way off this season. I was ready to bench him for a game or two.

Can’t really see PSV become much of a serious threat. They are predictable, static and rely too much on individual efforts. Madueke is missed tremendously. Feyenoord has an entire new team, they will be in the thick of things, but won’t finish top 2. Them, AZ and Twente will fight for 3 I reckon.

Liverpool will be a massive test, though. They are fired up and motivated to make the world forget about their first CL match this season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lots of goals in the PSV - Feyenoord match, some of them because of individual player mistakes. Gakpo with a goal and 2 assists (one of those was a corner kick).

Ajax lost away to AZ.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Important win for PSV away to Ajax. Luuk de Jong still keeps popping up in these big matches, scoring the first and assisting the second goal. Luccca doesn't get many minutes, but the tall guy scored again.

Xavi Simons and Gakpo played well too.

Bit of a mayhem after final whistle, as Ramalho Silva taunted Alvarez and everybody got involved.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
20-year old Manhoef tormented Ajax with two counter attack goals for Vitesse. He only had scored one goal before today.

Lucca scored again and salvaged a draw for the home side. He seems hard to contain because of his height, at least on Eredivisie level.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I noticed that it’s two goals in two cameo appearances for Lucca. I grabbed him in the keeper league some of us are in before he joined Ajax. I was quite surprised when Ajax picked him up actually. Hoping he keeps getting chances and scoring goals.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Schreuder will likely be fired before Ajax’ next game. Not sure who’s out there who can replace him and one who has the Ajax DNA.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Xavi Simons has upped his game a level and is too good for Eredivisie beyond this season.

Not the biggest/strongest guy so not sure where he should move. PSG apparently has a buy back option, so maybe they will use it.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hard to believe but these guys of Feyenoord are 6 points clear at the top of the table (6/7 pts over Ajax/Psv).

Pretty amazing as Pedersen scored his first goal for them as a 90+ winner against 2nd place AZ yesterday.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Feyenoord go to Ajax and win 3-2 after a dominant 2nd half in which they turned a 2-1 deficit into a win.

Ajax still has to play PSV, AZ and Twente while Feyenoord has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In a crucial match, if either of these teams wish to catch Feyenoord, PSV goes ahead after Luuk De Jong abused Timber aerially and headed PSV into the lead.

Ajax's young LB Hato was also easily beaten to allow that cross into box at all. In his debut match last week Hato was similarly in trouble, his defensive ability just isn't very good yet. he is more suitable for WB role, as he has good speed and some attacking instincts and passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad