Entry Draft Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Name me one player that wasnt ruined by the Oilers that had this type of shot/playmaking combo and this type of production.

Maybe an off-beat example, but Teemu Pulkkinen had a shot that drew comparisons to Brett Hull of all people, and is to this day the most productive U18 player in Liiga Jr. A history. No one else is even close, he scored more goals than games played. Only Kovalchuk, Kucherov, and Ovechkin scored more goals at the U18s, too.

Kaliyev is a worse forward version of Evan Bouchard.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe an off-beat example, but Teemu Pulkkinen had a shot that drew comparisons to Brett Hull of all people, and is to this day the most productive U18 player in Liiga Jr. A history. No one else is even close, he scored more goals than games played. Only Kovalchuk, Kucherov, and Ovechkin scored more goals at the U18s, too.

Kaliyev is a worse forward version of Evan Bouchard.

Except Kaliyev actually understands whats happening on the ice. Just have to get him moving.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
I have never seen him play but from reading this thread, would Galchenyuk be a good comparison for Kaliyev? Great shot, dangerous on offense, but slow and innefective in defense.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I have never seen him play but from reading this thread, would Galchenyuk be a good comparison for Kaliyev? Great shot, dangerous on offense, but slow and innefective in defense.

Galchenyuk is a completely different animal. Chucky's first steps still aren't great today and he's a little dim, but in terms of an all around tool kit, Chucky > Kaliyev by a lot.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko
Dylan Cozens
Alex Turcotte
Vasili Podkolzin
Connor McMichael
Pavel Dorofeyev
Kirby Dach
Matth Boldy
Bowen Byram

Shocking

It doesn't seem likely the Habs pick Top Ten, so my picks are either Matt Robertson(LHD) Edmonton Oil Kings or Alex Newhook(Center) Victoria Grizzlies.
:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: covfefe

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Strong fighting words from a guy that seen Kaliyev once, IN A GAME WHERE HE HAD THREE POINTS.

Bet that he's at least a 20g scorer down the line ?

Lol I've seen him a few times now. He has no hands or shot and was terrible at the WJC.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He kinda reminds me of another favorite of mine in 2018. I think he wont fall though.

Who?

Brayden will finish the season with 30-ish goals and 70-ish points on the season. I think targetting him with a 3rd is dreaming.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Who?

Brayden will finish the season with 30-ish goals and 70-ish points on the season. I think targetting him with a 3rd is dreaming.
Fonstad. Kinda small, kinda wow. Probably the 4th best player on his team, similar offensive production, fast skater, great offensive instinct. My kinda pick. He's shown more tenacity than Cole at the same age though, which scouts will like, and his frame is bigger (slightly.), so I see a 2nd round pick for sure in him, and that'd be a good pick imo.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Mastrosimone had a pretty good game against the U18s, even though his team got destroyed. Nifty little assist on a two on 1 and a few other scoring opportunities.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Interesting to note they have Tomasino ahead of McMichael now. I could definitely see him shoot up the rankings.

Nah, he doesn't lumber around the offensive zone like a pregnant yak looking for cheapo junior goals so you know he can't be good.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Reactions: Mrb1p

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
You guys : wE nEeD mOAr SkiLlzUh

Also you guys:
-YeAh bUt DrAFt GrINDeRZuH
-yEah **** THiS sKilLed PlAYeR

We could take all 5'10 wingers with 60+ points in their respective Junior leagues and I'd be happy as long a we don't draft Guillaume Bertrand or some shit who has 34 points in 68 games but has size, grit, and character yo

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kind of weird, but if we do miss the playoffs it'll likely be with us getting 90+ pts, while a team in the West will get in with 85pts, and we'll draft ahead of them.

I'm ok with a top 15 pick. Would love to win the lottery obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad