Entry Draft Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Habs should be seriously looking for a top drawer LHD like Matthew Robertson 6'3" - 205lbs. PMD with physical play and good defensively. Ranked at 19th OV for 2019 Entry Draft, with Habs picking around that spot likely. Using their two 2nd round picks to move up if necessary. That would give them Romanov, Mete, Robertson & Kulak as their LHD corp. Pretty good with Weber, Petry, Brook & Benn on the RHD corp. Adding Poehling, Suzuki, Evans, Ylonen in the near future, the Habs will be solid contenders for yrs. to come IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:With Hillis, Fonstad & McShane all proving they are NHL quality prospects as well, the Habs depth will be similar to that of former Dynasty teams IMHO. Having Cayden Primeau coming as a backup goalie for Price, is also an ace in the hole. Certainly as strong & deep in talent as are the Tampa Bay Lightning at present, possibly deeper/younger.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Looking at the other potential picks at our range, I don't mind we tried our luck with Scherbak to be honest. Atleast with him if you hit, you hit big. So I can't blame them there, McCarron and Tinordi on the other hand...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just throwing it out there that Bowen Byram leads all CHL defensemen with 21 goals, and he doesn't even turn 18 until 8 days before the draft. Not to mention his defensive IQ. What a player.

Do you know why Matthew Robertson has been out of the lineup for the last few games? Kinda seems like his season isn't really heading in the right direction recently.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I also really like goaltender Rayce Ramsay. He's got good numbers with both the Humboldt Broncos and Kamloops Blazers this season.

I saw him for both of his games with Kamloops when he came in to relieve Dylan Ferguson. He really stood out to me. Figured he was some 19-year-old they had in reserve, not a 17-year-old prospect. Wouldn't mind taking a shot on him with a 7th or inviting him to camp.

Reactions: Mrb1p

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Not sure what to make of Harrison Blaisdell. Only 2 players have as many goals (or more), and they're both 20 year olds. He also led Team Canada West in scoring, tied with Holloway. Skill wise he has some moves, he has a quick release, and he's quite aggressive in that he wants to make things happen all the time. He's also a very strong skater.

But most of the plays he tries to make fail, at least in my viewings. Not sure if that's a pathological thing yet, but quite often his passes will be behind players, in their skates, hit an opposing player's stick or skate. It's often a smart play that he's trying to execute, but a lot of the time it fails.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Not sure what to make of Harrison Blaisdell. Only 2 players have as many goals (or more), and they're both 20 year olds. He also led Team Canada West in scoring, tied with Holloway. Skill wise he has some moves, he has a quick release, and he's quite aggressive in that he wants to make things happen all the time. He's also a very strong skater.

But most of the plays he tries to make fail, at least in my viewings. Not sure if that's a pathological thing yet, but quite often his passes will be behind players, in their skates, hit an opposing player's stick or skate. It's often a smart play that he's trying to execute, but a lot of the time it fails.

I was really high on Blaisdell as a 16-year-old, but I share your concerns. Wonder if teams will pass over him like Brendan Budy.

Now Holloway though, now there's a player. One of my favourites for 2020. Can't wait to see him at the NCAA level.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My updated preference of prospects given where we find ourselves at:
1rst: Dorofeyev
CBJ 2nd: Honka/Grewe
Mtl 2nd: Thrun/Williams

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
My updated preference of prospects given where we find ourselves at:
1rst: Dorofeyev
CBJ 2nd: Honka/Grewe
Mtl 2nd: Thrun/Williams
I'm all aboard for Dorofeyev, Grewe and Thrun. Dorofeyev is such a talent, belongs top ten and Grewe is a special kind of player. Got some others in mind too however:
Ville Heinola: his injury could cause a big drop
Patrik Puistola: Pure talent, could use some improvement in his skating though
John Beecher
Yegor Spiridonov

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm all aboard for Dorofeyev, Grewe and Thrun. Dorofeyev is such a talent, belongs top ten and Grewe is a special kind of player. Got some others in mind too however:
Ville Heinola: his injury could cause a big drop
Patrik Puistola: Pure talent, could use some improvement in his skating though
John Beecher
Yegor Spiridonov
I like those players as well. Heinola is safer than Honka but I prefer the high risk high reward player personally.
But I really do like Spridinov. I would be ecstatic him we can draft if in the 2nd round, esp if draft Dorofeyev

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I wouldn't make that bet, it really depends on what the team needs there. Carolina with 3OA ain't taking him
Carolina is likelier to make the playoffs then once again winning the lottery esp given where they are in the standings (once again).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Carolina is likelier to make the playoffs then once again winning the lottery esp given where they are in the standings (once again).

It's just one example. He's definitely elevated his play and would be in that conversation but you can't deny that teams put a premium on C and could forego Byram to take one of the highly rated C's at 3.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's just one example. He's definitely elevated his play and would be in that conversation but you can't deny that teams put a premium on C and could forego Byram to take one of the highly rated C's at 3.
Its imo that the others have had their stock fall whereas Byram has massively increased his

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its imo that the others have had their stock fall whereas Byram has massively increased his
How has Cozens stock fell exactly ? I guess his production slowed down a bit but that was to be expected.

The USDP guys are also all doing really well. If I'm third overall, my moneys on Turcotte, but I can see why some would like the safer kind of pick with Byram. He'd sure help our team out.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Current prospect rankings for me by position:

Centers:
1. Jack Hughes
2. Trevor Zegras
3. Dylan Cozens
4. Kirby Dach
5. Alex Turcotte
6. Connor McMichael
7. Ryan Suzuki