GWT: English Premier League: 4/16 - 4/18/2016

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Arsenal are a joke, but they will probably finish 4th and like mentioned before have to play in the CL qualifier.

United are four points back, but have an awful GD (compared to Arsenal and Man City) so its essentially five points with five to go. Also, I doubt United win out either, they will probably rest some guys for their FA Cup clash, though I don't know off the top of my head their fixtures surrounding that FA Cup semi

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
You know what's better than the badly-needed 3 points for Arsenal? That sweet, sweet gate, concession and merchandise revenue. That's what really matters. You people can have your silly trophies. That's not what football is about. It's about a robust bank balance and profit margin. /Kroenke & Wenger

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I think they lose next week without Vardy. So that would mean 8 points in their last 3, so basically win out.

I don't think they will win their last 3

I think between Okazaki, Ulloa and Mahrez they have enough to get by Swansea. I will say if they lose to Swansea next week and maybe even if they draw, Spurs are going to win the title.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Schmeichel making what I think is a valid point in this NBCSN interview. Much of the team knows what a run/pressure feels like from earning promotion.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Schmeichel making what I think is a valid point in this NBCSN interview. Much of the team knows what a run/pressure feels like from earning promotion.

And they were dead last in the league 53 weeks ago. They were 4-7-18 up until the end of march. Went 7-1-1 in April and May with their only loss to Chelsea. They were pretty much done.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
A season of what could have been for West Ham. Really key long term injuries and a couple dodgy refereeing decisions that cost valuable points against teams above them have pretty much dusted a real opportunity at CL football going into the Olympic stadium.

Still, a ton positives to take of course. Really building a good core and there should be solid investment this summer.

Just so I'm clear, City winning the CL and finishing fourth means 5th is the last CL spot?

Last edited:

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I'm done with Arsenal...freaking bunch of lazy guys. Wenger need to go.

Still have a Carberg Liverpool shirt around. I was a fan of them early 2000 when I was 12-16...but for some reasons I switched to Arsenal to piss of my Spurs friend:(

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
And they were dead last in the league 53 weeks ago. They were 4-7-18 up until the end of march. Went 7-1-1 in April and May with their only loss to Chelsea. They were pretty much done.

Yep. The incentive is different but really it's the same idea in black and white. Win your games.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Leicester will be fine.

No guarantee that Tottenham win tomorrow.

Leicester really need two wins from the final four.

Swansea and Everton both at the KP Stadium

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Leicester will be fine.

No guarantee that Tottenham win tomorrow.

Leicester really need two wins from the final four.

Swansea and Everton both at the KP Stadium

Since I heard of the guy who bet 5 pounds on Leicester to win it all and might win over 20,000 pounds I'm a supporter of this run. Actually I don't even know where in England Leicester is located. Love those underdog stories. And Huth plays there.:laugh:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool is 9 points back, that doesn't seem likely. I'd say United or maybe West Ham, but even that is a stretch.

6 if they win their game that was postponed. 7 really with the goal difference. Liverpool need to win all of the remaining games if they wan't to have a chance but can't really see it happening. Specially not when the europa league is the main priority

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hope not, anything to lose and drop out of the top 5 will be a great result for a stagnated club that will have yet another disappointing season.

Careful what you wish for. If Arsenal finish 5th, Kroenke will come out and say that this season was just a bad fluke, and that Arsene Wenger is the only manager that can lead us back to greatness.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Newcastle has already beaten Spurs, have them at home, and may need to get a result to survive.

Don't count that last match as an automatic three points for Spurs in your pro-Leicester/pro-Tottenham scenarios.

Sincerely,
It's the Hope that Kills You

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I love Harry Kane. Here is what he posted after the Leicester match today

CgQoyzdW8AEVtUN.jpg

...gotta love his confidence

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jamie Vardy could face a Football Association charge for his furious reaction to being sent off — a move that would threaten Leicester City's Premier League title bid.

Vardy, 29, jabbed a finger angrily at referee Jon Moss after being shown a second yellow card for diving in the 56th minute of Sunday's 2-2 draw with West Ham.

It leaves leaders Leicester eight points clear of second-placed Tottenham. The England striker will be suspended for next Sunday's home clash with Swansea but could face an additional ban if the incident is included in the referee's report and he is hit with a misconduct charge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...card-draw-against-West-Ham.html#ixzz468s23bZn

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Since I heard of the guy who bet 5 pounds on Leicester to win it all and might win over 20,000 pounds I'm a supporter of this run. Actually I don't even know where in England Leicester is located. Love those underdog stories. And Huth plays there.:laugh:

That guy cashed his bet out a few weeks ago because he couldn't handle the stress

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Losing Vardy for more than one match would obviously be bad but IMO it doesn't matter if Spurs lose tomorrow

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Leicester has lost 4 times in the past year, they arent losing more than once. Swansea was just beat 3-0 by Newcastle. Leicester is winning it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad