Travis Green next HC of Senators?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Hard to tell how good or bad Green was in Vancouver. Few things though. Team never got any better. Players really never took the next step. And the team seemed to tune him out. So it was probably pretty bad.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If it weren't for Markstrom, he would have never gotten a sniff in the NHL. Markstrom passed through waivers in 2014-15, where Travis rode him to the finals benching young players over 35 year old vets. After Markstrom got to the NHL, Demko fell into his lap in Utica.

Green has a losing record with the Canucks, I can't even imagine how much worse his record would have been without Markstrom or Demko. Ian Clarke saved Benning and Green's jobs for years. That guy deserves a statue.

The bubble also bought him some time when the Canucks had Markstrom/Demko/Boeser/Hughes/Tanev/Pettersson/Miller/Toffoli/Horvat. Also, Markstrom was amazing during that playoff run in the bubble. Demko also took the Canucks to 7 games vs the Knights, putting in a 0.64 GAA and .985 save percentage in 4 games vs the Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: NailsHoglander

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not even the same GM and owner who signed Korpisalo to that stupid contract last summer.

Still the same kind of idiocy though.

Thanks for potentially making the decision for the Devils.

Green is f***in terrible. Always has been. Canucks and Devils fans alike can tell you.

I’m glad he won’t even be an assistant for us next year.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Sens ownership needs to overpay for talent (management or players) because its not a location at the top of many peoples list. Unfortunately in this hiring the Sens decided to be frugal.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If it weren't for Markstrom, he would have never gotten a sniff in the NHL. Markstrom passed through waivers in 2014-15, where Travis rode him to the finals benching young players over 35 year old vets. After Markstrom got to the NHL, Demko fell into his lap in Utica.

Green has a losing record with the Canucks, I can't even imagine how much worse his record would have been without Markstrom or Demko. Ian Clarke saved Benning and Green's jobs for years. That guy deserves a statue.

The bubble also bought him some time when the Canucks had Markstrom/Demko/Boeser/Hughes/Tanev/Pettersson/Miller/Toffoli/Horvat. Also, Markstrom was amazing during that playoff run in the bubble. Demko also took the Canucks to 7 games vs the Knights, putting in a 0.64 GAA and .985 save percentage in 4 games vs the Knights.

Travis Green showed countless times he was in way over his head as a major league coach.

There was no system in the neutral zone or in their own zone. It was ridiciulous watching multiple D pairings passively give up the blueline and back into their own zone. PK was the usual small stationary box that would be exposed down low. Breakouts were futile with forwards developing horrible habits that involved cheating up the ice without supporting their blueline.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Sens ownership needs to overpay for talent (management or players) because its not a location at the top of many peoples list. Unfortunately in this hiring the Sens decided to be frugal.
If it's frugality, they could have hired the many ahl or college first timers. They set their sights on Green, for some unknown reason.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
so sick of Canadian teams sometimes. You never see Detroit, Chicago, NYR deliberately choose bad management and coaches like this.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Wow brutal. The sens will keep on sucking for years to come it seems.

Reactions: BHD

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Jeff Blashill and Derek Lalonde, don’t scream top of the line hires either.
Well blashill was supposedly the best coach outside the NHL and lalonde is hamstrung by his gm

but ill give you this because the wings have been bad fo 8 years now

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So, what happened to John Gruden? Multiple sources made it sound like he was a modest to strong candidate for the position.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Sens coaching search and reaction from Atlantic Division teams.

1428505588-jcvd-4.gif

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
assuming all other coaches wouldn't committ to us with the other jobs out there still because if ownership choose this guy while others hadn't said no then i am really woried about the new ownership

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Hard to tell how good or bad Green was in Vancouver. Few things though. Team never got any better. Players really never took the next step. And the team seemed to tune him out. So it was probably pretty bad.

He took a last place team and brought them to the playoffs. So there was some improvement. Whether that was just a symptom of roster turnover or of coaching, I don't know.

Reactions: eviohh26

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hearing interviews and insights into how Green coaches and runs his team make me a tad more optimistic that he can have success in ottawa.

At least playing for hard coach will show us if the core of this team are made of stern stuff.

I still don't like the move... but at least he seems like the right kind of coach. Just not the right one.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Hearing interviews and insights into how Green coaches and runs his team make me a tad more optimistic that he can have success in ottawa.

At least playing for hard coach will show us if the core of this team are made of stern stuff.

I still don't like the move... but at least he seems like the right kind of coach. Just not the right one.
Meh, I’ve seen this before. Sens make a questionable hiring/signing, media comes out in full force to cope with it. It just sucks.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So, what happened to John Gruden? Multiple sources made it sound like he was a modest to strong candidate for the position.
I hope he’s still brought in as an associate coach. Andlauer still loves him and he was on the staff of some very good defensive teams in NYI and Boston. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad