Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
That’s what happens when you max your cap out on 4 players

6UXekko.png

7.8m for a 3C, someone to play in the top six, and a 1B goalie is plenty.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
6UXekko.png

7.8m for a 3C, someone to play in the top six, and a 1B goalie is plenty.
But I guess you are trying to get Hamilton as well according to Friedman . I guess they found a loophole where they are going to register their team as an NBA franchise and bypass the whole cap thing. Makes sense as they would have a deadly 5 man squad they can use NBA style . Hopefully they can play 45 minutes a night too. Screw needing a third and fourth line or needing any defensive D men. Last playoffs was an anomaly . This year will be the year they outscore their opponents and win each playoff game 12-9.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
His shoulder is fully healed
It healed completely and has shown that he is back to a 35g guy in the last week? Like it’s been said , if he had value Seattle would have scoped him. The only way Tarasenko to the devils makes sense is if the Devils take on the full cap hit ( they easily can) which narrows the field on who is willing to do that . I think the Blues want to go after Landeskog hard so they really want to not have to retain on Tank.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Even if Zito does the impossible and gets something like
Bennett....$4m x 6y
Verhaeghe.....$4m x 6y
Reinhart....$6m x 7y

that'd still make me seriously question the team's long term commitment to Huberdeau.

Why? Hornqvist- 5.3 and Gudas- 2.25 off the books essentially pays for his new deal, at least 75% of it.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If NJ gets Hamilton, that means that in a couple years our best players will be:
Hughes Holtz Hughes Hischier and Hamilton.

I think that's hilarious

Hues RBG, Holes, Hues CMY, His Chair, Hammy

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I thought Hornqvist was awesome for you guys last year? No interest in retaining him or by that time will you guys have a cheaper replacement ?

He was, and I still dont like a lot of Panthers fans pigeon-holing him on the 4th line, but after 22-23 he should be slowing down. Depending on how he's playing, I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a cheap short term deal for the 4th line. But he definitely won't be getting anywhere near 5.3 again.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
He was so appreciated he was scratched during the most important games of the year? LOL. I guarantee you he doesn't resign for the Habs.
Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say when I read his comments. Absolutely comical take thinking a player would feel appreciated by a team that scratched him for the playoffs.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
After Goudrow's contract it was obvious Coleman was getting more than that. 1.35 cap hit more isn't that insane.
I'm not saying it's a great contract but Goudrow set the bar and Hyman's contract will be a good comparable for Coleman.
Why should take less than Hyman?

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
if the Devils leave this week with Dougie Hamilton, Tarasenko for cheap, and a legit backup goalie, I will do backflips
i won't. i don't want to ruin my vacation with a stay in hospital.

on a serious note: i don't think the devils should do that in the off-season. adding hamilton as ufa is a fine move, as you don't have to throw assets away and the cap space is more than available for him. even at 9 million he is no concern long term, as he would simply take over subban's cap slot in year two. tarasenko would have to come really cheap for me to consider and i pass to construct a trade offer, as i am not good at it and it would only infuriate the blues fan base.

if the devils really look good out of the gate, there will be enough option to improve the offense in-season and make a push for the po's. than you also know better what your actually needs are. sharangovich had a really great rookie season and played mainly rw alongside hughes, the role you most likely envision for tarasenko. i think hughes has the talent to be the pilot of a nhl offense. if he needs superstar wingers to be an offensive catalyst, he most likely is not, what we devils fans envisioned him to be: the center, who can make star wingers out of the sharangovich, foote, holtz, mercer or stillman types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad