Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Big week for potential Jack Eichel trade, free agency predictions

Free agency…
Dougie Hamilton: New Jersey
David Savard: Montreal
Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way
Blake Coleman: the prediction is, he gets 6×5
Jaden Schwartz: Seattle, basically done during the Kraken’s exclusive window
Brandon Saad: St. Louis, Islanders, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles
Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up
Phillip Danault: Los Angeles takes a surprise look
Alec Martinez: stays in Vegas
Alex Goligoski: Minnesota
Derek Forbort: Boston
Zach Hyman: Edmonton. Makes me feel I’m getting one right
Alexander Ovechkin: 3×10 to stay in Washington
Ryan Suter: Dallas
Florida: locks up Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Carter Verhaeghe.
Trades…
Ryan Strome: Seattle, Vegas or Ottawa.
Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Interesting predictions for the Dropbox Devils. Wonder what they would trade for Taraskenko

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Weird trade idea for Ottawa unless it is to send Dadonov/Tierney + a pick to NYR maybe?

Dadonov kind of makes sense. NYR can get Dadonov for two years locked up at 5M cap hit. Dadonov has been pretty productive historically. They avoid losing Strome for nothing in the offseason or paying him big money. Ottawa meanwhile shaves off a year of term from Dadonov when his salary is highest. If they like Strome they can try to keep him.

Same goes for Tierney. Saves NYR some cap so they can got after some grittier forwards while Ottawa only adds 800K in salary but gets the center that is better at scoring..?

IDK.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Why exactly are the Rangers looking to trade Strome?

I’m guessing they feel that upgrading to a more complete player in that spot is one of the only things holding their roster back from being competitive, aside for their kids just maturing. I’m not saying that means they’re ready to be competitive tomorrow, but I think that with looking at their forwards - Panarin, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Kakko, Kreider, Kravtsov, Goodrow, Chytil, Strome - they feel like as long as their kids progress, they’re pretty close. I think they want someone who can matchup and withstand the rigors of playoff hockey better, who knows how to “lock it down” with a lead, etc. Most Rangers fans will disagree, but I’m almost positive they’re going to flip Strome for pure futures or a depth LD and sign Danault.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Suter wants to play for a contender, So why would he sign with Dallas? Danault to LA they're basically set at the Center position. Vegas doesn't have the cap space for Alec Martinez he'll be looking at least at 3 x $5,500,000 if not more.

Reactions: Morrison

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
At this rate, it will be a surprise if Savard signs anywhere but in Montreal tbh.

There also seems to be some hint that Hoffman might be on his way too. But it's not as much of a given as Savard.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Leafs will land either Hamilton, Landy or Forsberg.
I think if Forsberg were to be traded for it would have been before the draft not into UFA

Hamilton doesn't work cap wise at 8-9M and Landeskog is looking to get 8ish or so.

I've got my sights lower on Fogele via trade + McGinn & Armia with Engvall/Mikheyev hopefully moved to help bring those guys in

Reactions: MattyNew91

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Weird trade idea for Ottawa unless it is to send Dadonov/Tierney + a pick to NYR maybe?

Dadonov kind of makes sense. NYR can get Dadonov for two years locked up at 5M cap hit. Dadonov has been pretty productive historically. They avoid losing Strome for nothing in the offseason or paying him big money. Ottawa meanwhile shaves off a year of term from Dadonov when his salary is highest. If they like Strome they can try to keep him.

Same goes for Tierney. Saves NYR some cap so they can got after some grittier forwards while Ottawa only adds 800K in salary but gets the center that is better at scoring..?

IDK.

Last thing the Rangers need is another skill winger and we have a ton of cap space so cap savings aren't really a selling point.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad