Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Even if Zito does the impossible and gets something like
Bennett....$4m x 6y
Verhaeghe.....$4m x 6y
Reinhart....$6m x 7y

that'd still make me seriously question the team's long term commitment to Huberdeau.
Why? That’s right around the time our big dumb goalie contract can be bought out or moved, and when the flat cap might not be flat anymore. Bob buyout plus Huberdeau’s base pays for Huberdeau should he want to stay in Florida.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The problem with these insiderrrrrrs isn’t that they aren’t good at getting good info out there. The problem is they have too much time to fill and there are too many of them.

Back when I was a boy and the Earths crust had just cooled we were lucky to hear from Mackenzie a few times a year with top quality information. Now every outlet has 6 insiderrrrrrrs competing against everyone with a Twitter account who thinks they are an insiderrrrr. Now they need to fill their Twitter, podcasts, interviews etc. 7 days a week with content that isn’t there. So now the majority of time they are starting sentences with “I haven’t heard this from anyone but it would make a lot of sense if……”.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
He kisses up to GMs for a living. Of course he knows what’s up. Seravelli is quickly making him obsolete though.

Which is what every good insider in every sport does. Do you think there are insiders who act like edgy badasses to front office people and still get inside info?

Also, my insider prediction is that Friedman will not be made obsolete as an NHL insider by anyone within the next decade unless he switches careers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Guaranteed he didn't have Holtby going to Dallas. :laugh:

I doubt anyone did.

Nice work, otherwise!

The only reason Dallas even made the playoffs, was because of the 24 team playins. if it wasn't for the playins they wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

Wrong.

You're thinking of the play-ins vs the round-robin matchups.....I think Edmonton was ahead of them in points but Dallas had played fewer games and got the edge in points percentage, which is what the league used to set the standings. They were going to make the "playoffs" regardless......and ended up going on quite a run, too.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
People always look to put down others, etc. Friedman and Pierre McGuire are two of them. Both are a bit quirky perhaps personality wise, but both know their stuff.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
People always look to put down others, etc. Friedman and Pierre McGuire are two of them. Both are a bit quirky perhaps personality wise, but both know their stuff.

Perhaps, but I wonder if you can look at this and tell me he doesn't do it on purpose. :laugh:

tenor.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Every team in theeague got hit by covid last year pretty much. That isn't an excuse.

They are not a cup contender. They are old and continue to get older. They'll be back in the basement soon enough.

The Stars since moving to Dallas have never been in the basement. Ever. They've either been playoff team or barely miss. The franchise has had one top 5 pick since moving and that was pure lottery luck.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Every team in theeague got hit by covid last year pretty much. That isn't an excuse.

They are not a cup contender. They are old and continue to get older. They'll be back in the basement soon enough.
And how many teams completely stopped playing because so many players had it at one time?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
And how many teams completely stopped playing because so many players had it at one time?

Also that second pause because of the power outage in Texas happened just a few weeks after they finally started which made the schedule even more condensed.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad