Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
My guess would be because he's not very good, and also will probably be looking for a raise soon based off his very Panarin-inflated point totals.

Know what. I won't say anything on that response. But I just want to express my displeasure for your statement that I believe is very incorrect lol.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Sure, you have 15M now, maybe 10M+ once you fill the rest of your roster. But:

1. You have like 7M+ in potential performance bonuses to worry about, so you can't really go to close to the cap.
2. Again, what happens next season when Zibanejed, Strome, Fox, Blais, Kravstov, Kakko, Strome, Gauthier, and Georgiev all need new contracts?

Strome, Gauthier, and Georgiev aren't in the long term plans and we have nearly $40m uncommitted for 2022. We'll be fine.

Taking Kreider or Trouba in a few years will be where we save money. Trading Strome isn't about saving money because he's not going to be re-signed.

Reactions: LokiDog

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hopefully 1 year 1.2M tops. His play could be a mirage and he could fall off to how he was with the Pens and Wild

Despite playing with Nylander and Tavares he only produced for around 35ish points which aren't that good. I wouldn't give him much of a raise. If he got an offer above 1.2M I hope the leafs walk away
You'd walk at 1.2M? Dude looked pretty dynamic on the Leafs last year.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Big week for potential Jack Eichel trade, free agency predictions

Free agency…

Dougie Hamilton: New Jersey

David Savard: Montreal
Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way
Blake Coleman: the prediction is, he gets 6×5
Jaden Schwartz: Seattle, basically done during the Kraken’s exclusive window
Brandon Saad: St. Louis, Islanders, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles
Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up
Phillip Danault: Los Angeles takes a surprise look
Alec Martinez: stays in Vegas
Alex Goligoski: Minnesota
Derek Forbort: Boston
Zach Hyman: Edmonton. Makes me feel I’m getting one right
Alexander Ovechkin: 3×10 to stay in Washington
Ryan Suter: Dallas
Florida: locks up Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Carter Verhaeghe.

Trades…

Ryan Strome: Seattle, Vegas or Ottawa.
Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something

I understand if Hamilton takes the highest offer and signs with NJ...But why would Tarasenko waive his NTC to go there? He really wants to get out of STL that bad and not have a chance to compete for the Cup?

*I know Devils fans...Anything can happen. You don't have to tell me.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You'd walk at 1.2M? Dude looked pretty dynamic on the Leafs last year.
His production was pretty meh, he looked/produced better in the playoffs than he did during the regular season for us.

Leafs are looking at Bunting who I think could be had for 1-1.2M on a 2-year deal and give us around 30-35 points in a similar role as Galchenyuk.

Sucks that we have to be tight with the cap but with 9M (probably 7M after goalie) and two LW positions in the top 6, we have to be penny pinching.

My targets in UFA before Gally at >1.2M would be McGinn, Tatar, and Armia (3.5M max for 1 of these guys). Hoping to get 1 of those guys, 1 of Martinhook, Nosek, Kuraly (maximum 2.5M for 1 of these guys), and then Bunting if possible at near 1M. Very tight but who knows what Dubas does Wednesday. He's already betting his job on this team by bringing the same core back together.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I understand if Hamilton takes the highest offer and signs with NJ...But why would Tarasenko waive his NTC to go there? He really wants to get out of STL that bad and not have a chance to compete for the Cup?

All depends how bad Tarasenko wants out of STL, if it’s bad I don’t see why he’d reject NJ

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015

I be a bit nervous trading for Tarasenko anyway with his injury history but getting someone like him to back along side Hischier or Hughes would be great a lot of Devil fans have been hoping we would have traded for Meir.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
His production was pretty meh, he looked/produced better in the playoffs than he did during the regular season for us.

Leafs are looking at Bunting who I think could be had for 1-1.2M on a 2-year deal and give us around 30-35 points in a similar role as Galchenyuk.

Sucks that we have to be tight with the cap but with 9M (probably 7M after goalie) and two LW positions in the top 6, we have to be penny pinching.

My targets in UFA before Gally at >1.2M would be McGinn, Tatar, and Armia. Hoping to get 1 of those guys, 1 of Martinhook and Kuraly, and then Bunting if possible at near 1M. Very tight but who knows what Dubas does Wednesday. He's already betting his job on this team by bringing the same core back together.
Hmm interesting. I like McGinn, Tatar, and Armia too. Bunting I know nothing about. I woulda thought Tatar would be off most playoffs teams radars considering being scratched in the playoffs. If he cant help there, he's not helping much at all.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Where's his prediction on Alex Galchenyuk? Or is he doing his Leafs overlords a favor by sweeping under the rug the fact that Galchenyuks a UFA?
Everyone knows he is UFA. How is that doing the "overlords a favor"

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hmm interesting. I like McGinn, Tatar, and Armia too. Bunting I know nothing about. I woulda thought Tatar would be off most playoffs teams radars considering being scratched in the playoffs. If he cant help there, he's not helping much at all.
Yeah the main downside with Tatar is his arse playoff play. He's a good player but hasn;t shown up in the playoffs. Next year for the leafs though will come down to if 40M worth of offense can produce as they should. A guy like Tatar shouldn't be enough to stop the expected/perceived offensive abilities of guys like Marner, Matthews, JT, Nylander in the playoffs.

I'd love to add Schwartz, he's been good in the playoffs but he's outside of price point and wants to stay in the West

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad