Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Suter wants to play for a contender, So why would he sign with Dallas? Danault to LA they're basically set at the Center position. Vegas doesn't have the cap space for Alec Martinez he'll be looking at least at 3 x $5,500,000 if not more.
Dallas was in the cup final LAST year. They also got hit by COVID this season. Dallas is a contender.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Even if Zito does the impossible and gets something like
Bennett....$4m x 6y
Verhaeghe.....$4m x 6y
Reinhart....$6m x 7y

that'd still make me seriously question the team's long term commitment to Huberdeau.
yeah he'll be heading to the habs in free agency. 2 years away

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So the isles are getting Palmieri, Parise, and maybe in on Saad. Oh and they might trade for Tarasenko. Any chance they’re going to spend some of that cap on D, or?

After a week of unfunny jokes about this, mainly about skiing, I thank you for a fresh laugh :laugh:

Their beatwriter over at the Athletic is Arthur Staple. He thinks that if they can't land Suter, they will try for Mike Reilly.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Not listed here, but I wonder what Vancouvers odds if signing Montour are. If we trade Schmidt for futures we can likely use that to keep Hamonic and add Montour.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Big week for potential Jack Eichel trade, free agency predictions

Free agency…
Dougie Hamilton: New Jersey
David Savard: Montreal
Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way
Blake Coleman: the prediction is, he gets 6×5
Jaden Schwartz: Seattle, basically done during the Kraken’s exclusive window
Brandon Saad: St. Louis, Islanders, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles
Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up
Phillip Danault: Los Angeles takes a surprise look
Alec Martinez: stays in Vegas
Alex Goligoski: Minnesota
Derek Forbort: Boston
Zach Hyman: Edmonton. Makes me feel I’m getting one right
Alexander Ovechkin: 3×10 to stay in Washington
Ryan Suter: Dallas
Florida: locks up Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Carter Verhaeghe.
Trades…
Ryan Strome: Seattle, Vegas or Ottawa.
Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something
plausible
add Strome to TOR as a possible

Weird trade idea for Ottawa unless it is to send Dadonov/Tierney + a pick to NYR maybe?

Dadonov kind of makes sense. NYR can get Dadonov for two years locked up at 5M cap hit. Dadonov has been pretty productive historically. They avoid losing Strome for nothing in the offseason or paying him big money. Ottawa meanwhile shaves off a year of term from Dadonov when his salary is highest. If they like Strome they can try to keep him.

Same goes for Tierney. Saves NYR some cap so they can got after some grittier forwards while Ottawa only adds 800K in salary but gets the center that is better at scoring..?

IDK.

Why exactly are the Rangers looking to trade Strome?

Last thing the Rangers need is another skill winger and we have a ton of cap space so cap savings aren't really a selling point.

Like Buch, Strome has to go b'c cap.
Need long term deals = cheapest long term option
Shesty figure 6 x 5 or 6
Fox IF IF IF we are very, very lucky, AT LEAST 7.25 x 8 prob more

then also elcs->rfa, rfas-. ufa

and Zib gets big increase prob 9 x 5.

so not an immediate concern, but we need cap sooner than later.

that is why some vets gotta go and no $ vets coming in replacing vet $ going out.

----
Strome grew up TOR.
he's 4.5 this yr
if he extends reasonably 6 mo yrs 5, 5.3, 5.6, 5.9, 6.2, 6.5 per hometown discount, he = 2C material used as higher end 3C.

Leafs are top heavy
need to add more middle 6 quality

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Their beatwriter over at the Athletic is Arthur Staple. He thinks that if they can't land Suter, they will try for Mike Reilly.
Polar opposite players, makes sense. One guy is a rock with an elite hockey IQ the other guy makes some of the worst decisions I have seen a sens d man make in a decade. Bold strategy cotton.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
That would be a really astute add, IMO. I think Boston would be foolish to let him walk, considering how good he looked for them. If the Pens could clear their mountain of money on the leftsided blueline (never going to happen) Reilly is a guy I would've loved them to take a run at.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Polar opposite players, makes sense. One guy is a rock with an elite hockey IQ the other guy makes some of the worst decisions I have seen a sens d man make in a decade. Bold strategy cotton.

He played solidly for Boston last season.
Pelech-Pulock do the heavy lifting on the first pairing and Dobson will likely play a bigger role on the pp. If Lou has interest in Reilly, it's with Trotz input.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He played solidly for Boston last season.
Pelech-Pulock do the heavy lifting on the first pairing and Dobson will likely play a bigger role on the pp. If Lou has interest in Reilly, it's with Trotz input.
I dont see it, the Islanders are a bad fit for Reilly in my opinion. They play smart and hard, thats not his style. He plays hard when he has to but its not his strength. His game got cleaned up in Ottawa once he got to play with Zub. In Boston he was sheltered, he is not a good player. Lou and Trotz know this.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I dont see it, the Islanders are a bad fit for Reilly in my opinion. They play smart, thats not his style. He plays hard when he has to but its not his strenght. His game got cleaned up in Ottawa once he got to play with Zub. In Boston he was sheltered, he is not a good player. Lou and Trotz know this.

You have seen a lot more of him then I have,but unless Arthur Staple is just tossing mud against the wall, Lou and Trotz do have interest.

Reactions: bert

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Weird trade idea for Ottawa unless it is to send Dadonov/Tierney + a pick to NYR maybe?

Dadonov kind of makes sense. NYR can get Dadonov for two years locked up at 5M cap hit. Dadonov has been pretty productive historically. They avoid losing Strome for nothing in the offseason or paying him big money. Ottawa meanwhile shaves off a year of term from Dadonov when his salary is highest. If they like Strome they can try to keep him.

Same goes for Tierney. Saves NYR some cap so they can got after some grittier forwards while Ottawa only adds 800K in salary but gets the center that is better at scoring..?

IDK.

If NYR is moving Strome to Ottawa, the sense is it’s for assets and cap space for Eichel, so Dadonov and Tierney are probably no-go’s for the Rangers.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The only reason Dallas even made the playoffs, was because of the 24 team playins. if it wasn't for the playins they wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

3rd in the central and didn’t even have to play in the play ins. Also, Dallas sucked in their seeding games, but sounds good

Attachments

• 44579B74-E1F3-4E42-85C5-31F01A51C1AD.jpeg
    44579B74-E1F3-4E42-85C5-31F01A51C1AD.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad