Friedman: Elliotte’s Pre- Free Agency Predictions

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Saad to Pittsburgh would be pretty neat but I just don't see how they can make the cap work with that.

Yeah, he works out with the team every summer. In his 10 seasons in the league, he's earned $38,107,500. So how badly does he want to play in his hometown? Unfortunately, it was easier to lure those types of deals when we were getting knocked out in the first round each year...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
He was, and I still dont like a lot of Panthers fans pigeon-holing him on the 4th line, but after 22-23 he should be slowing down. Depending on how he's playing, I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a cheap short term deal for the 4th line. But he definitely won't be getting anywhere near 5.3 again.

He was good but he's just about done, body doesn't hold up. Still a great locker room guy to have though but I'm not sure he'll finish his current deal let alone get another one.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I hope to see Martinez hit the ufa market. Isles need a replacement for Leddy on their second pairing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He was good but he's just about done, body doesn't hold up. Still a great locker room guy to have though but I'm not sure he'll finish his current deal let alone get another one.

He's not as done as you're making him out to be, he played more games than Stralman for example while playing a much more abrasive style. He had 5 pts in 6 playoff games, and he's probably more effective in the playoffs, but I guarantee he will get a lot of playing time in the playoffs, as he did against Tampa. There's no doubt he'll also be on the 1st pp. He'll finish his current deal and get 1st unit pp time doing it. He'll be pretty slow by 2023 but he might still be effective in a pest role. But with the abundance of forward prospects we have he probably won't get that from us.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Where is Saad going to fit with the Islanders? Good player but I just don’t see a fit, unless he can fill the 3LW role for cheap.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Big week for potential Jack Eichel trade, free agency predictions

Free agency…
Dougie Hamilton: New Jersey
David Savard: Montreal
Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way
Blake Coleman: the prediction is, he gets 6×5
Jaden Schwartz: Seattle, basically done during the Kraken’s exclusive window
Brandon Saad: St. Louis, Islanders, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles
Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up
Phillip Danault: Los Angeles takes a surprise look
Alec Martinez: stays in Vegas
Alex Goligoski: Minnesota
Derek Forbort: Boston
Zach Hyman: Edmonton. Makes me feel I’m getting one right
Alexander Ovechkin: 3×10 to stay in Washington
Ryan Suter: Dallas
Florida: locks up Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Carter Verhaeghe.
Trades…
Ryan Strome: Seattle, Vegas or Ottawa.
Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something

Where's Toronto's "big name/big promise"?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Well, Martinez is 3 yearts older and will demand the same amount as Leddy....
Isles had $5m in cap space when they moved Leddy. Then a day or so later, Lou moved Ladd's $5.5m out and we had Seattle take Eberle's $5.5m off their payroll.The team's cap situation has done a 180.

Also,I don't expect Martinez to get $5.5m offers

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Coleman 6x5 is crazy

Win back to back cups while having a key defensive role and thats what you get.

Yup. Then inevitably the team he signs with isn't anywhere near as good as TB, Coleman himself reverts back to what he was on a normal average team, which is a decent enough player, but nobody really cares, and whatever X months later, you're left wondering, how are we going to get out of this contract? Then a couple more years slog by, you win nothing, and finally, with 1 or 2 years left on the contract, if you retain and/or throw in a pick, you can get rid of your mistake from 2021.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
6UXekko.png

7.8m for a 3C, someone to play in the top six, and a 1B goalie is plenty.
Still ignoring that complete lack of depth eh?
Who wants to get passed the 1st round anyway?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Suter wants to play for a contender, So why would he sign with Dallas? Danault to LA they're basically set at the Center position. Vegas doesn't have the cap space for Alec Martinez he'll be looking at least at 3 x $5,500,000 if not more.
Everyone says they want to play for a contender, until they sign in either a city they want or for the most money, see Hall in Buffalo. "Winning is important to me"

Reactions: larmex99

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So the isles are getting Palmieri, Parise, and maybe in on Saad. Oh and they might trade for Tarasenko. Any chance they’re going to spend some of that cap on D, or?

I think you have your numbers mixed up.. Kuznetsov makes 7.8 for four more years with a M-NTC for Washington
After a week of unfunny jokes about this, mainly about skiing, I thank you for a fresh laugh :laugh:

Reactions: HyperX

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
He's not as done as you're making him out to be, he played more games than Stralman for example while playing a much more abrasive style. He had 5 pts in 6 playoff games, and he's probably more effective in the playoffs, but I guarantee he will get a lot of playing time in the playoffs, as he did against Tampa. There's no doubt he'll also be on the 1st pp. He'll finish his current deal and get 1st unit pp time doing it. He'll be pretty slow by 2023 but he might still be effective in a pest role. But with the abundance of forward prospects we have he probably won't get that from us.

He'll finish it on LTIR or not but he's already skating in mud and brings down any line 5v5. Can't imagine he'll be anything but done in two years. Great on the PP though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad