Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
is EP a top10 player in the league?

I am only like 20 so don't remember the hype around the sedins were drafted and I know they started off slow. Is EP protential the best we have ever had in terms of a young player?

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
is EP a top10 player in the league?

I am only like 20 so don't remember the hype around the sedins were drafted and I know they started off slow. Is EP protential the best we have ever had in terms of a young player?

I don’t think he’s Top 10 in the league but in a year or two he’ll be there. His hockey IQ, attitude, ability to adapt, and overall work ethic all trend towards a great future.

The Sedins came out with heavy hype after they were drafted in 99. In their first couple of years after moving to the NHL from Sweden they were considered soft and perhaps unfit to flourish in North America. They showed more improvement in 03 and 04 then post lock out is where they took their first of two large leaps in their game.

Really the only other young player I could compare Peteys hype to is Bure. I was too young to see the day to day to appreciate how Bure and Petey would compare. Long term it’s hard to tell where Bure could’ve gone if he hadn’t mangled his knee in 95, but with all the characteristics Petey possesses I truly believe that in 12 years if he stays here he’ll be the best Canucks player of all time.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
When watching him you can tell he's almost there in terms of being a Top 10 player. I feel he's half a step away. Right now he's learning about how to use his limited space and create some for himself. What he's struggling with right now is when he has a little bit of space he tends to overpass it instead of using his godly shot and when he has to much space he at time rushes it because he's not used to having that much time and space. Once he gets that balance and a little strength I can see him being Perennial 100 point Top 5 center.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I don’t think he’s Top 10 in the league but in a year or two he’ll be there. His hockey IQ, attitude, ability to adapt, and overall work ethic all trend towards a great future.

The Sedins came out with heavy hype after they were drafted in 99. In their first couple of years after moving to the NHL from Sweden they were considered soft and perhaps unfit to flourish in North America. They showed more improvement in 03 and 04 then post lock out is where they took their first of two large leaps in their game.

Really the only other young player I could compare Peteys hype to is Bure. I was too young to see the day to day to appreciate how Bure and Petey would compare. Long term it’s hard to tell where Bure could’ve gone if he hadn’t mangled his knee in 95, but with all the characteristics Petey possesses I truly believe that in 12 years if he stays here he’ll be the best Canucks player of all time.
This. He’s not quite there, but he’s knocking on the door. I see him becoming a top 10 player in the next season or two.

it’s not just his high IQ and on ice skill set, but his competitive mindset. The stuff elite players in any sport are made of. If we make the playoffs and get knocked out, I could see him taking it personally and fueling a big offseason of training and progression. Great player.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
No. All I see is yesterday stuff about knee

Am hoping it is a toxic stupid prank

Well, that goes without saying

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
xxxx the Bruins.....this better not be true

Ken Henderson
@krusty027

@mattsekeres
@BlakePriceTSN
#FFT Elias Pettersson's cracked tailbone that will keep him out of the lineup for the next 4-6 weeks. #CanucksLuck #BruinsSuck #ThanksNHL
3:27 PM · Feb 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

How_to_Spot_Fake_News.jpg

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Poor guy. He’s getting frustrating and pushing back . When does he end up fighting to protect himself cause no one else will?

can we find more Kesler and Bieksa types already ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad