Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The answer is: he put all of his gym skill points into delts

221fd713-2733-4cc7-b878-c149939dc582

Prometheus

May 14, 2018
The bible obviously. You can find confirmation to any belief you have in there.

I dont think this means what you think it means, or achieves what you intend it to achieve, if what you were intending was to mock M2Bs beliefs.

Also, with respect, "confirmation of" or "confirmation for", are much better than "confirmation to".

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
How can a kid who probably still doesn't tip the scales at 170 shoot a puck that hard?.....just absolutely explodes off of his stick at 102 mph.

Have to agree with the previous poster.....Canucks have never had a forward with his combination of skill, skating, on-ice vision and above all else a lethal wrister and one-timer.

I mean Bure, the Sedins and maybe Mogilny had sublime individual skills, but just didn't have the all-round complete package of skills that Pettersson possesses. So yes, he has a good shot at being the best Canuck forward, ever.

He is going to be the best player in the NHL at some point in his career. Imo!

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Eventually Petey is going to get a taste of the playoffs and I for one can not wait to see his com”Pete” level and how much he is going to elevate his game, I bet he like anybody else, he looks at games #54,55,56 etc as just business as usual but when there is a playoff series.....oh man, am I ever stoked to see what he’s got

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I dont think this means what you think it means, or achieves what you intend it to achieve, if what you were intending was to mock M2Bs beliefs.

Also, with respect, "confirmation of" or "confirmation for", are much better than "confirmation to".

No ... was not mocking his beliefs. My comment was simple. Whatever religion you have, you can find confirmation for what you want to believe in your scripture. Happens time and time again. And I am not mocking Christianity more than any other mythology, they all have confirmation bias. That sadly they use to justify some horrible things, like suicide bombings, genocide, racism, lynching, inquisitions or caste.

The problem is any religion thats says we are the right religion. Or that having a religion is superior.

However, I expect to burn in hell for an extended period of time so what do I know ....

Reactions: Kreator and Nomobo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No ... was not mocking his beliefs. My comment was simple. Whatever religion you have, you can find confirmation for what you want to believe in your scripture. Happens time and time again. And I am not mocking Christianity more than any other mythology, they all have confirmation bias. That sadly they use to justify some horrible things, like suicide bombings, genocide, racism, lynching, inquisitions or caste.

The problem is any religion thats says we are the right religion. Or that having a religion is superior.

However, I expect to burn in hell for an extended period of time so what do I know ....
Just be decent and you probably wont burn in hell Billy. Anyways like Pettersson always says:

Time to score and win the hockey game

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
He is going to be the best player in the NHL at some point in his career. Imo!
I think when we have Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Pettersson, Podkolzin, Hughes, Tryamkin, Hoglander and either Markstrom or Demko, as our top of the line up, Hughes will be fighting for Norris, and Pettersson will be up for 5 - 6 other trophies. Not to mention that Rathbone and Madden, and even Lind seem to be headed in the right direction.

Our only problem is going to be paying them.

Reactions: LuckyDay

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I think when we have Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Pettersson, Podkolzin, Hughes, Tryamkin, Hoglander and either Markstrom or Demko, as our top of the line up, Hughes will be fighting for Norris, and Pettersson will be up for 5 - 6 other trophies. Not to mention that Rathbone and Madden, and even Lind seem to be headed in the right direction.

Our only problem is going to be paying them.

Are you like 9?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Are you like 9?

Thx. lets put it this way. I was invited to the luncheon at the Westin for 50 year ticket holders, but had to give it to my twin brother (who is overjoyed to go since he lives in Australia) but I will be on a cruise to S America. I retired 10 years ago at 53.

So no, and I don't understand why you are trying poorly to be condescending.

We have a pretty bright future right now, that will only be limited by the cap. And a GM who spent a lot of money badly.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Thx. lets put it this way. I was invited to the luncheon at the Westin for 50 year ticket holders, but had to give it to my twin brother (who is overjoyed to go since he lives in Australia) but I will be on a cruise to S America. I retired 10 years ago at 53.

So no, and I don't understand why you are trying poorly to be condescending.

We have a pretty bright future right now, that will only be limited by the cap. And a GM who spent a lot of money badly.

I apologize. That wasn't very nice and I was about to delete it.

I just don't understand how anyone following this sport and this team for any length of time can have this expectation that every young player we have is going to hit their ceiling, including those clearly trending towards bust.

Some of those guys will. Some of them will stabilize at a decent level that's lower than we were hoping, and some won't even come close. Some might even regress. That's not cynicism it's just reality.

Like, expecting " Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Podkolzin, Tryamkin, Hoglander and either Markstrom or Demko" to all be major contributors while Hughes competes for the Norris and Pettersson for "5 or 6 trophies," come on man, really? If we are lucky, half of that will happen.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

If I'm lucky I'll get to the Medium Place.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I apologize. That wasn't very nice and I was about to delete it.

I just don't understand how anyone following this sport and this team for any length of time can have this expectation that every young player we have is going to hit their ceiling, including those clearly trending towards bust.

Some of those guys will. Some of them will stabilize at a decent level that's lower than we were hoping, and some won't even come close. Some might even regress. That's not cynicism it's just reality.

Like, expecting " Juolevi, Horvat, Virtanen, Podkolzin, Tryamkin, Hoglander and either Markstrom or Demko" to all be major contributors while Hughes competes for the Norris and Pettersson for "5 or 6 trophies," come on man, really? If we are lucky, half of that will happen.

Juolevi - trending well right now. Decent chance he will play 100 NHL games, better than 50%.
Horvat - doing well in the NHL
virtanen - looking like he will succeed, basically improved every year last 3 years.
Podkolzin - looking fine right now, almost a lock to be a steady NHL player and could be much better.
Tryamkin - I'm admittedly high on him, butI think he is a lock to be a good 4 - 6 D man, and may be even better.
Hoglander - Everyone raved about his WJC. Tons of drive, tons of skill. Undersized a little, but should be a decent NHLer.

Would you bet against any of these players not having a decent NHL career right now? I think this group, with our goalies Pettersson, boeser and Hughes, are going to give us a pretty good 5 -6 years. My only real concern is how we have screwed up our budget.

Sure we have lots of "prospects" like Woo Madden Rathbone Rafferty Dipietro and Lind where we would be lucky if any of them are more than marginal NHL players.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Juolevi - trending well right now. Decent chance he will play 100 NHL games, better than 50%.
Horvat - doing well in the NHL
virtanen - looking like he will succeed, basically improved every year last 3 years.
Podkolzin - looking fine right now, almost a lock to be a steady NHL player and could be much better.
Tryamkin - I'm admittedly high on him, butI think he is a lock to be a good 4 - 6 D man, and may be even better.
Hoglander - Everyone raved about his WJC. Tons of drive, tons of skill. Undersized a little, but should be a decent NHLer.

Would you bet against any of these players not having a decent NHL career right now? I think this group, with our goalies Pettersson, boeser and Hughes, are going to give us a pretty good 5 -6 years. My only real concern is how we have screwed up our budget.

Sure we have lots of "prospects" like Woo Madden Rathbone Rafferty Dipietro and Lind where we would be lucky if any of them are more than marginal NHL players.

Would I bet against any? Maybe. Would I bet against all? In a heartbeat.

Do you get the difference?

Like even if you have Juolevi at 50%, Pod at 90% and Hoglander at 70%, each of which I think is much too high, do the math. That's still only a 30% chance of all three happening. You know? And that number goes down dramatically as you start tossing in more names, along with the insane expectations you have for Hughes and Pettersson.

I agree there's room for optimism but there's no need to be fantastical.

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
The historical data isn't very consistent before 2009, but as far as I can tell, Pettersson's 102.4 is the second hardest shot ever by a forward, only behind Stamkos in 2016 (103.9). Ovechkin's best was 101.4. Very impressive.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
How can a kid who probably still doesn't tip the scales at 170 shoot a puck that hard?.....just absolutely explodes off of his stick at 102 mph.

Have to agree with the previous poster.....Canucks have never had a forward with his combination of skill, skating, on-ice vision and above all else a lethal wrister and one-timer.

I mean Bure, the Sedins and maybe Mogilny had sublime individual skills, but just didn't have the all-round complete package of skills that Pettersson possesses. So yes, he has a good shot at being the best Canuck forward, ever.

Love Petey and he may very well turn out to be the best Canuck forward ever but I wouldn't dismiss just how dynamic Bure was. He won 3 goal scoring titles and but for his knee injuries could have won more. Petey can dangle at high speed. So could Bure. But Bure was faster.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
He's a different kind of player entirely. His Hockey IQ is through the roof. You can actually watch him and see that he's thinking of something in that split second of hesitation he makes during every play.

It actually makes him play a fraction slower at the start of a play instead of relying on pure instinct which seemed what Pavel would do when he exploded from stand still and was already picking that top corner before he shot it 3 strides later.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
This is why I studied Hermeneutics in Bible College. The important thing is to read it and find what the author intended and you will often find yourself needing to correct yourself.
Sorry, my point was that people use their religious books in what ever manner will justify what they are arguing for.

I personally have no belief or interest in any of the approximately 2700 mythologies that make up religion. (I have 2 I think are really silly, Mormons, and in particular Scientology. Because i was served papers to discourage a TV show that I had done. this happened over 30 years ago.)

Prometheus

May 14, 2018

Fair enough, I apologize for being trigger happy in my response to your coment and making false assumptions about your intentions.

It is true that people will seek justification for their actions/beliefs whether in th Bible or the Quran or writings of Marx. I always hope that the text will challenge their perspective but that is certainly not always the case.

Anyways Pettersson rocks.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Fair enough, I apologize for being trigger happy in my response to your coment and making false assumptions about your intentions.

It is true that people will seek justification for their actions/beliefs whether in th Bible or the Quran or writings of Marx. I always hope that the text will challenge their perspective but that is certainly not always the case.

Anyways Pettersson rocks.

68b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad