Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Petey in the hardest shot competition. The only forward against a bunch of dmen.

Has a forward ever won it before?

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

It sounds like he's either motivating himself or being Swedish

google translate said:
Elias Pettersson: "I'm never satisfied"

He tops Vancouver's internal scoring of 51 points, 21 goals and 30 assists, after 49 games played and says he is reasonably satisfied with the team's efforts so far.
- The mark has been fantastic and I think the whole team has been quite stable with the exception of a few dips. I myself am not really happy, I never am. I know better, says Elias.
The Canucks teammates tell Sportsnet that they are not surprised by Pettersson's commitment to the Danielian brothers.
- He has a big heart and cares like the people around him. It's not just about hockey for Elias, he understands the big perspective, says chain mate Brock Boeser.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Why not try EP at the point on the PP more? He's good defensively so he can handle that part, and he can distribute from there as well.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think considering how well Hughes skates and Pettersson shoots there should be more movement on the power play.

I've been saying it since the start of the season, they are way too static out there just standing in one position, with the occasional swap of Hughes/Miller/Boeser. You watch the top PPs in the league and literally all 5 skaters are rotating positions simultaneously. I've only seen the Canucks do that in 3-on-3 overtime. I like Newell Brown's PP composition and the roles he assigns to players, but he isn't very creative when it comes to positioning.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
I have been futilely screaming at my computer for much of the last month while watching the 1st line powerplay. Other teams have learned to collapse on our first line and we just move the puck around the outside. They have got to add some new set moves to the powerplay. They have three snipers on the first line. I guess it will come along eventually.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
How can a kid who probably still doesn't tip the scales at 170 shoot a puck that hard?.....just absolutely explodes off of his stick at 102 mph.

Have to agree with the previous poster.....Canucks have never had a forward with his combination of skill, skating, on-ice vision and above all else a lethal wrister and one-timer.

I mean Bure, the Sedins and maybe Mogilny had sublime individual skills, but just didn't have the all-round complete package of skills that Pettersson possesses. So yes, he has a good shot at being the best Canuck forward, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad