Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
A lot of the really funny takes were made in the draft-day GDT rather than the Pettersson draft thread

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
, no man, he's actually an Alien. You saw the movie? alien vs predators? it was shown 2 days ago at rogers arena, the alien destroyed the predators. spoilers.
He was kidding lawrence

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
He's good
Will he be good enough?

Will he ever be able to take over a game? Will other teams ever fear his ability to change things on his own?

Bit unfair to ask questions like that about a 2nd year player, I suppose.

I'm just getting so tired of seeing them other teams young stars absolutely manhandle the Canucks while ours look as useless as the rest of the team. Is Petey ever gonna even better than the 3rd best player on Colorado?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He’s not a franchise/generational talent at this point. That much is obvious. He’s not dominating or taking games over on his own.

He’s an elite cornerstone for this team to build around, but he isn’t dragging this team to the promises land on his own.

That said, we’ll see how he progresses.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
With three points tonight, Pettersson has re-entered the top 10 in NHL scoring, 28 points in 23 games puts him tied for 7th.

He is currently on a 99 point pace.

Although I do expect him to finish around 90 points, that would still be an extremely impressive season for his second year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He’s not a franchise/generational talent at this point. That much is obvious. He’s not dominating or taking games over on his own.

He’s an elite cornerstone for this team to build around, but he isn’t dragging this team to the promises land on his own.

I think he's a franchise player. He's the team's #1 C at 21 years of age. Like you said, he's an elite cornerstone for this team to build around. He's the definition of a franchise player.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

It's definitely a wait and see thing. I thought the same thing about Nathan MacKinnon his first few years in the league. Now, he's absolutely a franchise talent.

I think we have a lot to see out of Pettersson yet. The fact that he can put up the production he does despite looking pretty ordinary most games is quite scary, in my opinion. I think he still has a gear or two more. Getting stronger will also be an advantage, as well.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

Mcdavid couldn't do it.

Pettersson is a top 5 more valuable franchise talent. In the league

Reactions: ChilliBilly

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010

In retrospective, how many franchise talents dominated at the age of 21 in comparatively skilled teams? Most? Half?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

Oh son, don't make the same mistake I made.

He has the attitude.

He has the skill.

He has the will to be better.

He has the will be a leader

He has the will to be the best Canuck ever

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Uhhh what??? He’s on pace for 99 points in his 2nd year in the league, and he’s just getting started...he’s not even at the top of his game yet. He has the will to get better and has the work ethic, IQ and every quality you can ask for. He’ll slowly get bigger as well. He’s easily a Franchise player. Generational talent? No. That’s reserved for Crosby/Ovechkin and now Mcdavid

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
He needs to be more selfish, cheat more and use his speed to take the step take the step into generational territory. At the moment, he will not perform better than his team mates let him and he will not "dominate" by passing a team mate, only to get the play broken up the moment after...

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Generational players are good enough that they dominate the league as the best player for a decade,
Crosby, McDavid etc.

Franchise players are like elite first line players, Kane, Tavares, Kopitar, etc. Pettersson looks like he's at the start of cementing a career where people would say that he was a franchise player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad