Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VII | Enjoys: Being Mr. Everything, pronouncing it "Peter-son"

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
a tall skinny fair haired guy from scandinavia displays unreal dexterity, hand eye and skill while gliding on ice.

i think the best explanation is that pettersson is elvish

Reactions: LiveeviL

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Everyone should probably temper expections a bit. He can go in a slump at any time. He is human afterall. 50-60p would be a succesful season.

Yup. Everyone should remember that Brock Boeser was on pace for 50 goals at the 35-game mark last year and finished with 29. Slumps and injuries happen.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018

That reaction still gets me. It's almost like he was responding to the coach asking "do you think you can take it up a notch next game?"

It's only two games but on the other hand, he's looked great the whole time he's been here and you can't be dismissive of his previous two seasons in Sweden, especially what was an incredible last season.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Helluva start to his NHL career. I watched him in the WC’s last spring and while he displayed some nice flashes, he was nowhere near the player who has run roughshod through Calgary these two games. I don’t know what he did over the summer but he seems stronger on his skates and faster in his cuts and turns. I’ve never seen a Canuck debut like this, and that includes Bure.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Pettersson looks a lot more like Malkin than he does Datsyuk. Pettersson doesn't have Datsyuk's skating. Datsyuk could skate for miles.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Sakic, Datsyuk, Malkin, Gretzky etc were all great players but they have one thing in common - they’re Earthlings.

The Alien has no comparables. Pump the breaks? Break lines have been cut. Full steam ahead.

Anybody else uncontrollably pronunciating his name every where you go? My daughter has even started to pick it up and she doesn’t watch hockey.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
EP is the most exciting prospect I've seen since Bure. I was pretty much blown away by Boeser last year (and Brock will figure it out this season), but EP is way more exciting to watch (and much younger to boot). The confident moves he pulled off - that play in the 2nd period last night where Stone ended up tripping him while he deked and drove to the net was amazing.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I plan to take my children to church every Sunday so they can learn the truth and glory of our Lord Pettersson. May He be good.

Reactions: LiveeviL

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kid could easily have five or six points in that game if the sitters he dished out to some of whackers, hackers and plumbers on the Canucks had found the net. Goldobin could have had two or three; Horvat overskated one of his sublime passes in the slot; and Del Zotto jumped up with a clear path to the net after another slick pass, and then had it hop over his stick creating a 3-1 the other way.

He's like a surgeon out there, constantly creating space and time. And that shot! Lethal! Hard to fathom that a 19-year old rookie can create that much space on the smaller NA ice. He's already the Canucks best player, and it's not even close. Get him with Boeser and he'll score 50.

Reactions: Kreator

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He should have had 4 points, Goldobin needed to bury that shot in the slot. Regardless, I don't care what anyone says, he's our Connor McDavid/Auston Matthews.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Helluva start to his NHL career. I watched him in the WC’s last spring and while he displayed some nice flashes, he was nowhere near the player who has run roughshod through Calgary these two games. I don’t know what he did over the summer but he seems stronger on his skates and faster in his cuts and turns. I’ve never seen a Canuck debut like this, and that includes Bure.
He was probably fatigued at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad