Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VII | Enjoys: Being Mr. Everything, pronouncing it "Peter-son"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Pessimistic me wonders if he can keep up this level of play all season. Omptimistic me wonders how much better he can get.

If it seemed like he was doing it on adrenaline I'd be concerned. I remember Kassian's first game, he was hitting everything that moved and practically jumping out of his skin on every shift. It obviously wasn't sustainable, no one can play at that energy level. But Pettersson? Pettersson looks bored half the time he's doing this stuff. The next stumbling block for him will be playing against better teams/better defenses, and seeing what he can do there. I'd expect him to only improve going forward though, barring injury.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
EP will get some stiff competition from Svechnikov who are quietly racking up points.

Canes are very good offensivly so Svechnikov will definitely benefit from that

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
EP will get some stiff competition from Svechnikov who are quietly racking up points.

Head 2 Head on Tuesday

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
At age 19, 2 games into his nhl career, Pettersson is displaying the hockey iq of the Sedins while being faster and more fluid on his skates, having superior stickhandling, and a craftier, and better shot. He is displaying hints of Datsuk and Bure. In the 18 years I’ve been a hockey fan I have never seen a Canuck pull off some of the moves Pettersson made in tight spaces yesterday.

Pessimistic me wonders if he can keep up this level of play all season. Omptimistic me wonders how much better he can get.
Just wait until he gets used to NA ice and the increased competition in the NHL. He always takes a few games to settle in before exploding. ;)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I feel like this is kinda sad but I almost get emotional about this kid. Like, it feels too good to be true that we actually have this burgeoning superstar! He's ours. He's a Canuck! I feel like all I'll need is him to get through watching this season. Not just survive the season. It's like it won't even be really painful. He has that big an impact on the team as well as on my personal enjoyment of the season.

Reactions: travis scott

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
The crazy thing about EP's first two games is that all of his points were hard earned. 3 Goals, each one was a laser. Assists were tape to tape passes to Horvat and Goldobin.

I think bodog had his points total O/U at 64.5. Hope you guys took the over.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The crazy thing about EP's first two games is that all of his points were hard earned. 3 Goals, each one was a laser. Assists were tape to tape passes to Horvat and Goldobin.

I think bodog had his points total O/U at 64.5. Hope you guys took the over.

I bet the under but only 50 bucks thankfully. I bet more on Boeser under which was the same.

Reactions: GoTeamDom

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I feel like this is kinda sad but I almost get emotional about this kid. Like, it feels too good to be true that we actually have this burgeoning superstar! He's ours. He's a Canuck! I feel like all I'll need is him to get through watching this season. Not just survive the season. It's like it won't even be really painful. He has that big an impact on the team as well as on my personal enjoyment of the season.

Like Boeser last year before he got banged up and finally injured to end the season on IR?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Can we just call him EP?

An extended play record, often referred to as an EP, is a musical recording that contains more tracks than a single, but is usually unqualified as an album or LP.

Also. Him seemingly working out as a center so far: Winning 47.37% of his faceoffs and being our best defensive forward when he is on the ice. (In all be it small sample.
This fixes so many of the roster issues. They literally do not have a top6 center signed if he didn't pan out.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm completely fine with EP. Looks like "Alien" is catching on, though. I was not expecting it to stick.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Can we just call him EP?

An extended play record, often referred to as an EP, is a musical recording that contains more tracks than a single, but is usually unqualified as an album or LP.

Also. Him seemingly working out as a center so far: Winning 47.37% of his faceoffs and being our best defensive forward when he is on the ice. (In all be it small sample.
This fixes so many of the roster issues. They literally do not have a top6 center signed if he didn't pan out.

Hahaha. Yeah that nickname definitely works! Although I still like “Petey Boy Pettersson.” :p

I think we’ve definitely got our Datsyuk/Zetterberg v 2.0 here. I’m really excited about this kid. We have to remember that the twins and Nasluns didn’t look like studs until they were nearing their mid 20’s. EP is already our best player by a country f***ing mile.

People talk about EP-Hischier comparisons. Those guys can go suck a dick. I honestly think that after this year, EP will be in that Eichel/Matthews/MacKinnon weight class comparison.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

As a Canes fan, I don't see it. In my viewings of both players, Pettersson is way more polished right now than Svech. If I was betting, I'd bet on Pettersson both for scoring and ROTY.

Reactions: Ori

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I suppose some of us should have seen this coming. After all, Pettersson's scoring exploits last season came as a teenager playing against men in the top tier pro league in Sweden. It wasn't like he was lighting it up in junior like so many other players breaking into the NHL as rookies. You really can't compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad