Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VII | Enjoys: Being Mr. Everything, pronouncing it "Peter-son"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
That’s “NHL scoring leader” Elias Pettersson thank you very much.

Hopefully something we can get used to saying often over the next several years.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Could we see a 90 point season out of him? I mean... the guy is dynamic on the PP and he is only going to get better. None of his offensive contribution have been fluky, it's been a direct result of his talent.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Oh man. I just hope he manages to stay healthy. He is just so special.

I think the Canucks have found their #1C.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Just happy theres something, as a Canucks fan, to be really really proud of again. Something not all teams have. Feels good.

My thoughts exactly. It's been a very long road. I do not support Benning, but you gotta give credit where it's due. He nailed it with this pick, he went against the consensus. Most of us here wanted either Vilardi or Glass.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Screw this, Im going for it. 90 points rookie season here we come!
Me too, count me in the 90 point rookie season club.

If last year is any indication, the kid learns the game fast and he’ll only get better as the season progresses. Green better give him top ice time.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I don't have any stats to back it up, but my impression is that rookies tend to cool off significantly in the 2nd half of the season due to not being used to the amount of games and the travel. I'd say 65-70 points is the most realistic expectation, so 60 points in the next 80 games.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
My thoughts exactly. It's been a very long road. I do not support Benning, but you gotta give credit where it's due. He nailed it with this pick, he went against the consensus. Most of us here wanted either Vilardi or Glass.
His scouts nailed it. Jim was trying to trade up for a Dman like Makar. He really wanted an offensive Dman. So Heiskanen looks great, Makar yet to be tested. May have turn out fine.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Could we see a 90 point season out of him? I mean... the guy is dynamic on the PP and he is only going to get better. None of his offensive contribution have been fluky, it's been a direct result of his talent.
If he hits 90 surrounded by this team of duds and never weres, he will get the Calder, the Hart, and they might as well throw in the Norris and Conn Smythe even with the Canucks missing the playoffs.

Reactions: Peter10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad