Elias Lindholm vs William Nylander

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Well if that's your argument then you should also look at more than points in regards to Nylander, who played his first two year with Matthews and who also puts up a lot of 2assits and PP points
He averaged more primary and 5v5 pts than Lindholm lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lindholm was putting up 40 point seasons at Williams age

Lmao

In all seriousness, I was actually a fan of Calgary and impressed with Lindholm's growth until Calgary fans started becoming a little to cocky around here. Way to go

Every fanbase is like that. There is so few of us though that nobody notices. As for me, I never put too much faith in this team until they blow my mind on the ice.

Reactions: Economist

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nylander probably has a more refined skill set but Lindholm’s stones are twice the size of Nylander’s.

To me it’s almost like a Nylander vs Kapanen vote on the leafs own team. Nylander has more talent but I’d easily choose Kapanen to go to war (playoffs) with.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
At 4.85M vs 7M, that's the biggest difference between the two. Take the player making significantly less, doesn't seem like hard choice.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

Lmao

In all seriousness, I was actually a fan of Calgary and impressed with Lindholm's growth until Calgary fans started becoming a little to cocky around here. Way to go
I assume ur a Toronto fan? The irony of a Toronto fan getting mad about other fanbases getting cocky lol.

Reactions: Steven

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Lmao

Lindholm is only a year older than Nylander and is finally getting a chance to play with great linemates.

Again, he still has 29 games left to leave Nylander's career highs in both goals and points in the dust while also being much better defensively

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
HF loves their recent bias...guy is having a good season after never topping 45= Now better than a perennial 60 point player lol
Perennial? Lol
Going to be parennial overpaid guy moving forward

I take the cheaper tougher higher scoring guy that can play both way moving forward

Last edited:

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
HF loves their recent bias...guy is having a good season after never topping 45= Now better than a perennial 60 point player lol
Lol what? Nylander has always been a perimeter winger type player with high level of skill. Unfortunately for him his skill is easily being shut down by his opponents, we've seen this before with other players stop acting like it's unheard of for a skilled player to become mediocre.

Keep giving him the "recent bias" crutch but anyone that values objectivity knows teams have figured nylander out and his compete level is not high enough to overcome this.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lol what? Nylander has always been a perimeter winger type player with high level of skill. Unfortunately for him his skill is easily being shut down by his opponents, we've seen this before with other players stop acting like it's unheard of for a skilled player to become mediocre.

Keep giving him the "recent bias" crutch but anyone that values objectivity knows teams have figured nylander out and his compete level is not high enough to overcome this.
Lol I love when people literally spell out that they haven’t been watching and have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. Everyone knows he stumbled out of the gate but he’s back to his usual self the past two weeks, and 6 points in last 5 games is headed in the right direction.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of your incoherent rambling.

Reactions: zoA

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Lindholm is only a year older than Nylander and is finally getting a chance to play with great linemates.

Again, he still has 29 games left to leave Nylander's career highs in both goals and points in the dust while also being much better defensively

If you haven’t noticed...most people in the league are inflating their numbers this year. You’ll likely see 10 plus people hitting close to 100 points

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018

I wouldn't say he played with garbage though

his most common linemates were in each year

14-15 Staal Staal
15-16 Staal Versteeg
16-17 Aho Staal
17-18 Aho Staal

They aren't no superstars like Johnny hockey but I think Skinner would have killed to get that kind of opportunity.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I like Nylander(I am a Leafs Fan) but I would take Lindholm because he can play on PP and the PK, plus he can be switched from Center to Wing and he is good at faceoffs.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
A number that Lindholm has never hit.

This thread is silly. Nylander is the easy choice.
Lindholm has 60 points in 51 games? But sure, Nylander's 61 points in 82 is somehow more impressive? Leafs fans are the definition of delusional

And so called superstar snipers don’t score 2 goals in 21 games lol...it’s called a slump. Nylander at least has a viable excuse, your boy not so much.
Laine is on pace for 39 goals. Nylander is on-pace for 37 points. You think that's comparable?

Reactions: flamesforcup

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Can't wait for the delicious bump later on when this ages horribly.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Lindholm has 60 points in 51 games? But sure, Nylander's 61 points in 82 is somehow more impressive? Leafs fans are the definition of delusional

Laine is on pace for 39 goals. Nylander is on-pace for 37 points. You think that's comparable?
Lol oh dear.

flipp

Jan 11, 2010
Nylander for sure. He had great stats in both SHL och AHL and then followed that up with two 61 point seasons. This is a pretty consistent track record of good performance and talent. His stats from this season is clearly an anomaly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad