Elias Lindholm vs William Nylander

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I mean Lindholm is obviously having a better year but long term this is pretty easily Nylander. Just a more talented player.

Lindholm is mostly a product of the great Johnny G.

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Lindholm has already surpassed Nylander's career high in goals and is only 1 point shy of Nylander's career high in points... that's with 29 games to go.

Not to mention Lindholm has proven to be elite defensively as well.

Then, when you consider contracts (Lindholm @ 4.85M for 6 seasons vs Nylander @ $6,962,366 for 6 seasons) and it's very clear who the more valuable player is and who you'd prefer to have on your team.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Lindholm plays centre and wins 55% of the draws.

Player, i take Lindholm, including the contracts i take Lindholm and run.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
It would have clearly been Nylander before this season started, but it’s hard to imagine Nylander doing better than Lindholm is in Calgary right now.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Lindholm doesn't play center. He's the RW with Gaudreau and Monahan.

They might be splitting the position or something because both are on pace for 500+ faceoffs. Nevertheless Lindholm winning 54%+ faceoffs brings a lot of value even if he is playing wing and only taking draws.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They might be splitting the position or something because both are on pace for 500+ faceoffs. Nevertheless Lindholm winning 54%+ faceoffs brings a lot of value even if he is playing wing and only taking draws.
Last year Nylander took 600 but he was a winger. Teams tend to put guys on their strong sides for faceoffs now. It is a pretty common trend league-wide.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Lindholm is a righty and Monahan a lefty. It makes sense that they'd split draws. Monahan is still the C of the line

Reactions: phillipmike

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I don't care about the poll. But saying Nylander is soft is wrong. He does play a more peramiter game, and isn't as much in the dirty areas as he could be. But he still goes there, he still battles hard. And best of all he's built like a machine.

Not being Jamie benn= soft for a lot of young players smh.

Reactions: JFG

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Nylander's probably the better player moving forward but when you include contracts I'd take Lindholm pretty easily.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I mean Lindholm is obviously having a better year but long term this is pretty easily Nylander. Just a more talented player.

Lindholm is mostly a product of the great Johnny G.

This is such a wrong comment. Lindholm is a very important piece on the Flames top line. I’ve said it before, he’s been better than Monahan. He plays excellent PK time. He has a very good shot and is very gritty.

At least Leaf fans put the whole Nylander vs Gaudreau debate to sleep. What a joke that was...

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Lindholm is tied in points this 'half season' with Nylander's career best season

You don't think the fact that Nylander is currently on pace for 59 less points over a 82 game season is relevant?

Nylander is on an 37 point pace per 82 games, Lindholm 96
This. It is laughable to argue small sample size in favour of Nylander. Truly.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Lindholm is tied in points this 'half season' with Nylander's career best season

You don't think the fact that Nylander is currently on pace for 59 less points over a 82 game season is relevant?

Nylander is on an 37 point pace per 82 games, Lindholm 96
You got to look deeper than just points. Lindholm have been really reliant on secondary assists, pp points and playing with Gaudreau, and Monahan. Maybe the gap isn't as huge as I initially thought.. however not one person would have had Lindholm ahead of Nylander before this season, and it silly to think a half of a season sample size is enough evidence to support Lindholm is better than Nylander. Need a bigger sample size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad