Elias Lindholm vs William Nylander

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
How do you "take a player and run" when you don't even know what position he plays?

Easy, he was a centre with Carolina. He can play centre and has a strong defensive game. Honest mistake not knowing that he didn’t play centre with the Flames, but doesn’t take away from the fact he has and has more value because he can.

Last edited:

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
In that half a season, Lindholm has already eclipsed Nylander's career high in goals and is 1 point behind Nylander's career high in points... all while being much better defensively.

Lmao

You got to look deeper than just points. Lindholm have been really reliant on secondary assists, pp points and playing with Gaudreau, and Monahan. Maybe the gap isn't as huge as I initially thought.. however not one person would have had Lindholm ahead of Nylander before this season, and it silly to think a half of a season sample size is enough evidence to support Lindholm is better than Nylander. Need a bigger sample size

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Easy, he was a centre with Carolina. He can play centre and has a strong defensive game. Honest mistake not knowing that he didn’t play centre with the Flames, but doesn’t take away from the fact he has and has more value because he can.
You just made it worse. He was a right wing the vast majority of his time in Carolina, not center. Just because he takes faceoffs, doesn’t mean he plays center. Just admit that you don’t know much about him.

Reactions: zoA

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
You just made it worse. He was a right wing the vast majority of his time in Carolina, not center. Just because he takes faceoffs, doesn’t mean he plays center. Just admit that you don’t know much about him.

I know I would take him over Nylander.

And he played both in Carolina.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
This would've been Nylander before this year, but come on. Lindholm is paid 2 million a year less for the same term and has been much better this year. Until Nylander can prove he can come close to 90 pts or more (contracts are a big deal), this is lindholm.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I know I would take him over Nylander.
That’s fine. Just don’t act like you are speaking from a position of knowledge about the player and try to back it up with nonexistent facts when you don’t even know something as basic as what position he plays.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
This season only or in the future too? I think alot of people are starting to sleep on Nylander after this odd season.

Nylander.

The fact Lindholm is winning the poll over a half of a season sample size is laughable.

This one will probably be a fun one to pull up in a year or two if it isn't locked down.

Lindholm is 1 point back of Nylanders peak season in only 53 games while Nylanders playing like a 4th liner. Than when you take in contracts it makes it even more of a gap. And than the fact that Lindholm is 10x the player Nylander is defensively makes it not even close. You guys keep talking sample size but in 53 games he has blown Nylanders whole career out of the water. This poll would be closed for lopsided vote if the op had seperated the Leafs fan votes out.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
That’s fine. Just don’t act like you are speaking from a position of knowledge about the player and try to back it up with nonexistent facts when you don’t even know something as basic as what position he plays.

He played both. Get over yourself bud

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Lindholm is 1 point back of Nylanders peak season in only 53 games while Nylanders playing like a 4th liner. Than when you take in contracts it makes it even more of a gap. And than the fact that Lindholm is 10x the player Nylander is defensively makes it not even close. You guys keep talking sample size but in 53 games he has blown Nylanders whole career out of the water. This poll would be closed for lopsided vote if the op had seperated the Leafs fan votes out.
Im not a leafs fan

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
This would've been Nylander before this year, but come on. Lindholm is paid 2 million a year less for the same term and has been much better this year. Until Nylander can prove he can come close to 90 pts or more (contracts are a big deal), this is lindholm.

The contract is a good point. I hesitate to put Lindholm over Nylander going forward (contract aside) based on a half season where Nylander sat out for a good chunk though. We’ve seen how a players situation can vastly affect his play (Lindy going to Calgary for instance). We’ve also seen how scoring is way up this year. I’d like to see a more prolonged performance from Lindy and see Nylander next year with full training camp before making a proclamation.

I do think Nylander is s better skater and has more skill, but think Lindy is stronger, goes into dirty areas, is more physical and more well rounded though. I’ve seen each player a ton and I’m naturally biased more towards Lindy, but still hesitant to say he’s better yet based on sample size and situation. The contract is important though.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I mean we are dwarfed in comparison since most of our fans are on a different site.

I find it weird that we are probably one of the few fanbases here (if not the only one) with a forum largely dedicated to us. There is the canucks board as well, but I can't think of any other Canadian team that has as large a faction of fans outside hf than the flames.

Reactions: flamesforcup

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I find it weird that we are probably one of the few fanbases here (if not the only one) with a forum largely dedicated to us. There is the canucks board as well, but I can't think of any other Canadian team that has as large a faction of fans outside hf than the flames.
Which site are the Canucks fans on? Is it the forum on canucks.nhl.com?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You got to look deeper than just points. Lindholm have been really reliant on secondary assists, pp points and playing with Gaudreau, and Monahan. Maybe the gap isn't as huge as I initially thought.. however not one person would have had Lindholm ahead of Nylander before this season, and it silly to think a half of a season sample size is enough evidence to support Lindholm is better than Nylander. Need a bigger sample size
Well if that's your argument then you should also look at more than points in regards to Nylander, who played his first two year with Matthews and who also puts up a lot of 2assits and PP points

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Oh, I’m over myself, but doesn’t change the fact that you were stating things incorrectly and acting like they were facts. Lacks credibility. Carry on though.

he played both, coaches dont let him take those draws if he isn't confident he can play centre in the 45% chance he loses the draws especially in the defensive zone. He is a skilled two way player that has and can play both centre and wing making him more valuable than Nylander.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
In that half a season, Lindholm has already eclipsed Nylander's career high in goals and is 1 point behind Nylander's career high in points... all while being much better defensively.

Lmao

Lindholm was putting up 40 point seasons at Williams age

Lmao

In all seriousness, I was actually a fan of Calgary and impressed with Lindholm's growth until Calgary fans started becoming a little to cocky around here. Way to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad