Rumor: Ekblad available

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Boeser has shown the potential to be a 40 goal scorer, is a bonafide top line talent, and is a year younger. Ekblad is a finished product, and is a number two on most good teams. Certainly he’d be the number two with Hughes. You guys need offence, we need D. We’re not overpaying, especially considering who we overpaid for last time from you.

Potential to be a 30 goal guy you mean?
FLA isnt gonna trade Ekblad for a winger as the main piece.
You realize D tend to peak later than forwards no?
How are you so sure Ekblad has peaked?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Boeser has shown the potential to be a 40 goal scorer, is a bonafide top line talent, and is a year younger. Ekblad is a finished product, and is a number two on most good teams. Certainly he’d be the number two with Hughes. You guys need offence, we need D. We’re not overpaying, especially considering who we overpaid for last time from you.
lmao at saying ekblad is a finished product while boeser will only improve. There is a year between them age wise. What kind of nonsense are you spewing?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Potential to be a 30 goal guy you mean?
FLA isnt gonna trade Ekblad for a winger as the main piece.
You realize D tend to peak later than forwards no?
How are you so sure Ekblad has peaked?
Don't try arguing with them. Stage of Ekblad trades: Clearly Florida fans are stupid so we must debate between Canadian fans on the appropriate package.

Although we now have our support up in Detroit with @Number1RedWingsFan52 ;)

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
Don't try arguing with them. Stage of Ekblad trades: Clearly Florida fans are stupid so we must debate between Canadian fans on the appropriate package.

Although we now have our support up in Detroit with @Number1RedWingsFan52 ;)

I am a Leaf fan and I support you.

FLA is not trading Ekblad. Makes zero sense, from both a hockey perspective and a financial perspective. I would expect less of the blockbuster type deal and more deal moving middling players out like Stralman and Matheson. Not sure what logic there could be in moving Ekblad out for some short term cap relief. Relative to what he provides, his salary is fair.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I am a Leaf fan and I support you.

FLA is not trading Ekblad. Makes zero sense, from both a hockey perspective and a financial perspective. I would expect less of the blockbuster type deal and more deal moving middling players out like Stralman and Matheson. Not sure what logic there could be in moving Ekblad out for some short term cap relief. Relative to what he provides, his salary is fair.
Solidarity :) Yep, you hit it. And as we learned yesterday, Matheson is probably movable and Stralman certainly is :)

Based on the Horny-Matheson trade, it looks like we're willing to add money as long as it is smart money. Sadly not every team is like the Leafs and Rangers :(

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Leafs need to worry more about then acquiring a $7.5m Ekblad or a $8.5m Pietrangelo they need to worry more about their Goaltending because they're sure not winning a cup as long as Andersen remains their starter.
Andersen was never the problem, he put up a .936 sv% this past play in. Are you just talking completely out of your ass? The Leafs are paper thin on defence, especially on the right side

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Andersen was never the problem, he put up a .936 sv% this past play in. Are you just talking completely out of your ass? The Leafs are paper thin on defence, especially on the right side
This is exactly their problem, but money needs to go out.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Can we lock this up? A big part of the rumor was that Ek was the only big ticket D we can move...which is wrong

Lemieuxfan

Oct 12, 2006
Cologne
We badly need a RD, mabye then without the 2nd.

I would love to have Ekblad here.

Would be really curious how you guys think about that.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I shake my head at that argument when people try to make it. Andersen kept the Leafs in plenty of games they had no right to be in with their awful defensive play. I would love to know the magical goalie that is going to go in there and fix everything for the Leafs. If they think it is Matt Murray, they have another thing coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad