Rumor: Ekblad available

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So, some new info came out (published) fr0m a reliable media source that said Panthers still wanting to move Ekblad? Just trying to clarify & just curious - nothing more.
He's being facetious. There was never any legitimate evidence we wanted to move Ekblad. People pieced a narrative together that only worked if you thought Florida was bankrupt and stupid.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
He's being facetious. There was never any legitimate evidence we wanted to move Ekblad. People pieced a narrative together that only worked if you thought Florida was bankrupt and stupid.

Good for you guys. Keep him, he's a stud and the backbone of your defense.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
JH is a slow footed but skilled aging forward. He will be in a decline in 2 years. Nurse is still two years away from reaching peak. In two years Nurse is better than JH and it won’t even be close.

Then in two years, Nurse will continue to be better and play at a high level until age 35.

In 2 years, JH may not ever get 50 points again.
Why would a slow footed skilled 90 pt forward, decline in two years? He's a forward who's least likely to decline until late. Because he doesn't depend on tools like foot speed and physicality for his success. You don't lose your great hands as you get older.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
In my previous post I had Myers, one of Frost or Farabee and our 1st for him.

Yikes, that's way too hefty from the Flyers POV. Myers is sneakily very good and the only, young Right Shot D the Flyers can rely on. Swap Myers with Ghost and this makes more sense... or Sanheim and EITHER the 1st or Frost. Then the issue becomes, which 3 D do the Flyers protect? Provorov, Ekblad and Myers--either deal Ghost or he likely gets snagged by Seattle. Zamula and York are two Lefties that can make the jump fairly soon--Zamula moreso.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
If we had to trade him, Byram is a reasonable piece. (Issue is why we would have to trade him...maybe if Pietroangelo was coming her?)

I think something like Graves+Byram+Kadri(with reasonable re-sign option with Kadri) could reasonably work if we have something in place
Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose for Colorado. Byram would be on the roster already for Colorado so that would be 3 important roster pieces for 1 when we want to compete for the cup this year. If we had a 2c prospect ready to step in it might be different

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose for Colorado. Byram would be on the roster already for Colorado so that would be 3 important roster pieces for 1 when we want to compete for the cup this year. If we had a 2c prospect ready to step in it might be different
Of course, my whole point in the thread is that it does not make sense for Florida to trade him barring an absurd overpayment.

He's a young D that plays both ways, locked up for 5 years, and really killed it last season. He was 3rd in the league for even-strength points, while playing our most minutes. If he played on the top unit, he would be valued a lot more. Moreover, his injury problems haven't affect him.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Of course, my whole point in the thread is that it does not make sense for Florida to trade him barring an absurd overpayment.

He's a young D that plays both ways, locked up for 5 years, and really killed it last season. He was 3rd in the league for even-strength points, while playing our most minutes. If he played on the top unit, he would be valued a lot more. Moreover, his injury problems haven't affect him.
Yeah I honestly also think that it makes no sense for Florida to trade him.

Reactions: violaswallet

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
Why would a slow footed skilled 90 pt forward, decline in two years? He's a forward who's least likely to decline until late. Because he doesn't depend on tools like foot speed and physicality for his success. You don't lose your great hands as you get older.

Lucic disagrees

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
In a shortened season, Huberdeau had more points (74) than Lucic has had (72) in his last 3 seasons.

Lucia's career high in points is equal to an average season for Huberdeau also.

but Lucic has cups - JH is slow footed and has poor hockey IQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad