Rumor: Ekblad available

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I disagree. A Mid 50,s point winger is equal to a number 3 defenceman and Puljujarvi is going gangbusters right now in Europe right now and looks like he could be a decent player when he comes over next season.
Liga is a lower league than AHL.

Puju was going Gangbusters in Liga before he was drafted !

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I disagree. A Mid 50,s point winger is equal to a number 3 defenceman and Puljujarvi is going gangbusters right now in Europe right now and looks like he could be a decent player when he comes over next season.

Boeser career PPG averages out to 65pts/82 games. I’d easily take that production over nurse who is a mess in his own end.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ekblad has probably been overrated or hyped the previous couple of seasons but based on his improved play this season and the comments in this thread, the pendulum has swung a full 180. He absolutely seems underrated at this point. It’s to be expected, public perception at HFB always lags behind actual play a season or two (Unless you are the new hotness or in a big/successful market). Ekblad has had his ups and downs but he’s a stud.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It would be profoundly stupid for Florida to trade Ekblad, but if they are going to choose to be stupid then Dubas needs to be on the phone.

People talk about Pietrangelo, and I want him too but Ekblad is younger, will VERY likely be cheaper unless Pietrangelo took a shit load of up front money to drive the AAV down a little bit, and Ekblad would be easier to fit under the cap

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Big drop in goals. 6 goals on 7.5m? Big risk

Tied for 3rd in even strength points among all defensemen. We were top 6 in GF/G and basically had six players score 20 goals or more, not a big deal he had a down year in goals when the rest of your team is scoring.

He would have been your points leader among defensemen this year in MON, ahead of Petry who gets a full extra minute of PP time per game.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Big drop in goals. 6 goals on 7.5m? Big risk

Did you just completely miss the part where he said he wasn't on the top pp? 6 goals and a career high in assists/points in only 67 games while having less pp time than previous is the complete opposite of slowing down

Thanks. Plus he’s been improving defensively. Us as fans are very happy to have the Panthers absorb the “risk.”

It would be profoundly stupid for Florida to trade Ekblad, but if they are going to choose to be stupid then Dubas needs to be on the phone.

People talk about Pietrangelo, and I want him too but Ekblad is younger, will VERY likely be cheaper unless Pietrangelo took a shit load of up front money to drive the AAV down a little bit, and Ekblad would be easier to fit under the cap

I highly doubt they’re going to move him. May be a conversation starter, but it would take a pretty sizable overpayment to do so I’d imagine.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

How realistic is it for a new GM to trade his only legit top pair defenseman (locked up for 5 more years) and to do it within the same division, a team FLA would be fighting with for a playoff spot?

Then the Leafs don't have the movable pieces to get it done while making FLA better on defense.
TOR could hope for Weegar but even then, he's likely not available as well

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Ekblad is hot garbage compared to Petro, go all in on Alex.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I highly doubt we’d trade Hoglander for anything less than an overpayment, just considering the flashes of brilliance he’s shown. It’s more of a “wait and see” sort of thing with him.

Keep in mind he 45 points in 57 regular season games (65 in 82), and 11 points in 17 playoff games. He’s only 23, and almost 210lbs at 6’1. He’s someone you can rely on in big games and would be a massive piece alongside Barkov and Huberdeau. I think you’re selling him a little short.

We don’t have to make a deal. I’m happy going into next season with a top 6 of:

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Bo - Tofu
I think you missed the point. That package was to get Ekblad the perfect 1b right shot all around d man. Boeser is a good player but Ekblad is much more rare a talent.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I think you missed the point. That package was to get Ekblad the perfect 1b right shot all around d man. Boeser is a good player but Ekblad is much more rare a talent.
Boeser has shown the potential to be a 40 goal scorer, is a bonafide top line talent, and is a year younger. Ekblad is a finished product, and is a number two on most good teams. Certainly he’d be the number two with Hughes. You guys need offence, we need D. We’re not overpaying, especially considering who we overpaid for last time from you.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Boeser has shown the potential to be a 40 goal scorer, is a bonafide top line talent, and is a year younger. Ekblad is a finished product, and is a number two on most good teams. Certainly he’d be the number two with Hughes. You guys need offence, we need D. We’re not overpaying, especially considering who we overpaid for last time from you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->