Rumor: Ekblad available

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This has to be trolling, right?
As a Canuck’s fan I’d consider that deal without Hoglander

Boeser plus Rathbone for Ekblad.
But Vancouver has no cap room to fit in Ekblad, and sign Tofoli, so it just can’t happen.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Would have to think Florida is tearing costs down and rebuilding if Ekblad is available.

Would make much sense if they take on more cap or similar in a trade back

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

But Vancouver has no cap room to fit in Ekblad, and sign Tofoli, so it just can’t happen.

A counter: Pettersson for Connolly, Noel and Kolyachonok.
No need to worry, the Panthers will have plenty of cap space to re-up Petey when the time comes.

Reactions: Luckylarry

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
No interest. If it wasn't you, this are other people that suggest this trade package.

Laine is not a reasonable main piece for Ekblad. He is a great goal-scoring winger of course and any team would love to have him; however, Ekblad is more valuable, in particular for a team like forward that has major defensive issues :)
Ok fair enough. Thats all I was looking for was an honest opinion. I realize it may have been mentioned a few times, but do u really expect everybody to read every single post before commenting? The point of this post was to discuss the fact that a well respected reporter out of Edmonton who is in the bubble mentioned Ekblad may be available. Seeing as this is in the trade offers section of HF, I.....wait for it....made a trade suggestion. Looks like I am destined for hell according to a few on here. Good day.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No need to worry, the Panthers will have plenty of cap space to re-up Petey when the time comes.
I enjoy a good chuckle on a Sunday morning. :thumbu:
I know none of our proposals will ever come to fruition, but it’s fun to bantering.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
No it doesn't.

I said it a few pages back, but Marner's contract is heavily front loaded so after his bonus this summer he is only owed 35M over the next 5 seasons, or 7M AAV.

Him and Ekblad are owed the exact same amount of cash the next five years

Ekblad is owed 31M. Marner just over 35M.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Ok fair enough. Thats all I was looking for was an honest opinion. I realize it may have been mentioned a few times, but do u really expect everybody to read every single post before commenting? The point of this post was to discuss the fact that a well respected reporter out of Edmonton who is in the bubble mentioned Ekblad may be available. Seeing as this is in the trade offers section of HF, I.....wait for it....made a trade suggestion. Looks like I am destined for hell according to a few on here. Good day.

I think that the biggest barrier for Florida to consider a trade for Laine is that he is owed 7.5M this season (5.5M more than Ekblad is still owed) and then he is RFA with a QO of 7.5M. I can't see Florida wanting that.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Uh, it's completely fine that you did this, although there have at least one thread directly on Laine for Ekblad in the past few weeks. I mean this is a fun board, so no expectation, but there is a clear sentiment here :) Florida fans are a bit frustrated over the same set of trades that have the same fatal mistake :)

I do think we are a bit harsher here because Florida and Winnipeg (even Toronto) have the same problem: weak D.

I think that the biggest barrier for Florida to consider a trade for Laine is that he is owed 7.5M this season (5.5M more than Ekblad is still owed) and then he is RFA with a QO of 7.5M. I can't see Florida wanting that.

For Ekblad, that's not the problem for the Laine-Ekblad swap: it's the positional weakness at D. Cost uncertainty of Laine would matter say if we were trading Huberdeau (another great winger)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Unsure where this Rumour come from and also from who? Cause Panthers give away a Defensman for a forward.
And Ekblad is one of the better Defensman in this Team, he did some good development during the Season. I see no reason to trade him away.

And even it is Boeser scoreing was and is no problem Florida face. D is the Problem and their lack of physical Game. Ekblad was a better one in this Team.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018

Ratherbone would be a hard piece to add on top of Boeser. But Ekblad in Vancouver would be absolutely wonderful.

10/10 marks for Jim Benning if he can get him without losing Podz, Hog, Olli, or Rathbone to do it.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What a strange counter.

Pettersson >= Ekblad
Hogstrom >> Noel
Rathbone > Kolyachonok
Boeser >>>> Connolly

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Hoglander is better than Noel because hes playing pro is your analysis?

So why is Rathbone better than Kolyachonok who's playing pro in KHL right now as a 19 year old?

I, uh, nope. Never made that assertion. Not sure why you decided to assume that was my position and then argue against it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad