Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
How does this keep getting threads? There are still 0 credible rumors (actually, 0 rumors of any sort that I've seen) indicating either that Eichel wants out or that he is an any way available.
There's smoke

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Hey so I haven't read all but could the Wild be interested? How would they get Eichel, like this maybe? :

Rossi
1st pick 2021
Dumba
Rask (cap reasons + a C)

Would the Wild need to add some lesser lvl prospect (something lower in value than Boldy)? Does that all make sense?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hey so I haven't read all but could the Wild be interested? How would they get Eichel, like this maybe? :

Rossi
1st pick 2021
Dumba
Rask (cap reasons + a C)

Would the Wild need to add some lesser lvl prospect (something lower in value than Boldy)? Does that all make sense?
From what I’ve seen, unless the rangers offer up Lafreniere+, I think Minnesota, LA, and Calgary have the most potential if Adam’s decided to make the move

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Montreal, Vegas, San Jose, Philly and Canucks maybe too.
If Montreal parts with Suzuki, yeah I agree. Don’t see Vegas, San Jose, or Philly being able to put together a futures package that’s competetive enough. If Buffalo trades Eichel, they’re restarting. They’re going to want players younger, not the same age as Eichel.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Montreal parts with Suzuki, yeah I agree. Don’t see Vegas, San Jose, or Philly being able to put together a futures package that’s competetive enough. If Buffalo trades Eichel, they’re restarting. They’re going to want players younger, not the same age as Eichel.
But Dumba definitely does not fit this, he is 27 years old in the summer and will have 2,5 years of the term, you also know Rossi's situation, this is risky.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
But Dumba definitely does not fit this, he is 27 years old in the summer and will have 2,5 years of the term, you also know Rossi's situation, this is risky.
Dumba would probably be the 4th peice in the deal, and he himself could get a 1st if you wanted. Say we make this deal for Dumba

Value of: - Dumba to Philly

We could then include Frost. I would actually prefer to move Boldy instead of Rossi. This would be:

Boldy + Frost + 2 2021 1sts (likely both in the 10-20 range)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Rossi
1st pick 2021
Dumba
Rask (cap reasons + a C)

Let's take the guy with long-term COVID-19 health issues. Thanks.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Dumba would probably be the 4th peice in the deal, and he himself could get a 1st if you wanted. Say we make this deal for Dumba

Value of: - Dumba to Philly

We could then include Frost. I would actually prefer to move Boldy instead of Rossi. This would be:

Boldy + Frost + 2 2021 1sts (likely both in the 10-20 range)
thought this was a Philly proposal. who is Frost?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is he playing injured. Far less physical and aggressive than used to seeing him especially 5 on 5

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Again, Dumba is in it for cap reasons and Buffalo can get additional value for him. If you're that hung up on it, then we can trade him for a 1st first, and then put it in the deal after, or simultaneously. Either way, the end result is the same, but we couldn't make the deal without Dumba going out the door to wherever.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
It’s a paradox. Eichel is in part miserable because his team sucks. To acquire Eichel is to make one’s team suck due to outbound assets.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
2 potential offers from Montreal:

Suzuki
Caufield
1st

OR

Danault
Kotkaniemi
Romanov
1st

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
My Habs friend said he would be okay with doing something like

Kotka + Caufield + Petry + 2021 1st

for

Eichel + Colin Miller

then Danault/Armia would be moved in a trade to make this cap compliant

now dont shoot the messenger here if this is a bad proposal but all the habs ones ive seen so far have been pretty weak sauce IMO so I think this one is more fair

your friend needs to take off his homer glasses

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
As a Vancouver fan, if Eichel became available, I would be more than happy to trade Pettersson + Podkolzin + draft pick for him

How about Jake Virtanen, 1st round pick and to sweeten the pot, throw in Loui Eriksson.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
No way. Eichel is better right now but given age and contract status I wouldn't trade Pettersson straight up for Eichel.

Canucks are 2+ years away from being contenders due to the Jimwit's incompetence, age matters a lot for us so that we waste as little of our players primes as possible.

If Canucks are 2+ years away form being contenders, then contract status is moot, because by then Pettersson will probably be making the same, if not more than, Eichel

And Eichel is only 24 right now, not a whole lot different than Pettersson, you make it sound like Eichel is an old man

Eichel is a tier above Pettersson, I can admit this as a Canucks fan. Pettersson may get there in the future or he may not, but Eichel is already at that tier

Reactions: LokiDog

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
If Canucks are 2+ years away form being contenders, then contract status is moot, because by then Pettersson will probably be making the same, if not more than, Eichel

And Eichel is only 24 right now, not a whole lot different than Pettersson, you make it sound like Eichel is an old man

Eichel is a tier above Pettersson, I can admit this as a Canucks fan. Pettersson may get there in the future or he may not, but Eichel is already at that tier
Pettersson won't get more than 10 mil in flat cap world or immediately after. And yes, 24 vs 22 matters because Eichel will be almost 27 when our window opens. That's a big deal.

I think Pettersson is worse this year but was comparable to Eichel last year. Eichel scored more but Pettersson was a two way beast and possession monster. It's likely he'll be on par with Eichel or close to it for most of his career. That's not worth downgrading in age, contract status and then adding to it to boot. Particularly when Pettersson's age aligns with our contention window much better.

And yes, we are at least two years away from being contenders. We have 30 million dollars of garbage on the roster right now that needs two years to wash out. Let alone the talent required to fill out the roster. And that process will only start when the Jimwit is finally gone.

I think you're just affected by recency bias. Pettersson's had a rough year by his standards this year. If you think what you see now is what you're going to get moving forward then sure, trading him for Eichel would be appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad