Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He has the benefit of also being an extremely high upside center prospect, which Buffalo could very well be looking for in an prospective deal.
You are well aware that if the Sabres were so high on him they'd make him the centerpiece of a trade tantamount to franchise suicide they wouldn't have passed over him in the draft.

Also the 2021 draft is probably going to be 2012 level awful with all the crap that's gone on so the proposed 2 late first in it would be a pitiful return.

And just as a general rule I wish people would follow with proposals: Ask yourself: If I was the other team's GM would I honestly find this acceptable?

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hmm, why not Eichel for Gaudreau and Monahan with a pick or two

Eichel & Middlestat
Gaudreau, Monahan and 2 - 2021 3rds

Then Buffalo does
Dahlin and Cozens for
Boeser and Juolevi

Are you serious now? :huh:
It was a half assed idea.
Both teams have a need.
Eichel has almost demanded a trade for 3 years now
And Calgary needs to get out of the mushy middle, they are aging and their window is closing.
Buffalo has gone through a few GM's and coaches trying to get back to the show so their GM might be a little more creative in altering the look of their team.
Vancouver is stagnant, they will need to rebuild again soon or the new GM might make a could of bold moves.
If Eichel stayed in Buffalo then maybe a Boeser or Horvat for Dahlin + or some combination to get Buffalo additional scoring and help solve Vancouver's defensive depth problem, Edler retires soon.

Boeser/Horvat and Juloevi
for
Dahlin and Cozens

More Boeser though

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Both teams have a need.
And Calgary needs to get out of the mushy middle, they are aging and their window is closing.
Buffalo has gone through a few GM's and coaches trying to get back to the show so their GM might be a little more creative in altering the look of their team.
Vancouver is stagnant, they will need to rebuild again soon or the new GM might make a could of bold moves.
If Eichel stayed in Buffalo then maybe a Boeser or Horvat for Dahlin + or some combination to get Buffalo additional scoring and help solve Vancouver's defensive depth problem, Edler retires soon.

for
Dahlin and Cozens

More Boeser though
Buffalo isn't moving Dahlin or Cozens. It just doesn't make sense for a team staring at another year outside of the playoffs to be trading away their best young pieces.
Edit- I think it's more likely they move some expiring contracts like Staal, McCabe, Montour, maybe Hall, possibly Reinhart who's an RFA at season's end to get picks/prospects/young players to re-tool the roster.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Both teams have a need.

for
Dahlin and Cozens

More Boeser though
We don't trade Dahlin and Cozens.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Buffalo isn't moving Dahlin or Cozens. It just doesn't make sense for a team staring at another year outside of the playoffs to be trading away their best young pieces.
Edit- I think it's more likely they move some expiring contracts like Staal, McCabe, Montour, maybe Hall, possibly Reinhart who's an RFA at season's end to get picks/prospects/young players to re-tool the roster.

We don't trade Dahlin and Cozens.
Colorado found itself slightly better off than Buffalo and they traded away Stastny, Duchene and O'Rielly when that combination didn't work.
Eichel has all but given Buffalo an ultimatum, he is tired of losing and answering questions, he has thrown player under the bus and had management coaxed him into retracting one demand he made after the LA game year before last.
So the question become is Eichel worth Dahlin and Cozens if there is another stud forward coming back?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Montreal parts with Suzuki, yeah I agree. Don’t see Vegas, San Jose, or Philly being able to put together a futures package that’s competetive enough. If Buffalo trades Eichel, they’re restarting. They’re going to want players younger, not the same age as Eichel.

Sharks would be throwing something like Meier/Labanc, Ferraro/Knyzhov, practically any set of prospects and picks for Eichel. They can absolutely compete. They had a strong 2020 draft and have a pretty good amount of young roster players to include in a deal with guys like John Leonard, Noah Gregor, and Rudolfs Balcers.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I see a lot of Eichel pipe dreams being bandied about. No the SJS can't match others offers and it makes little sense to overly worry about creating cap space when we can't attract big name FA

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I see a lot of Eichel pipe dreams being bandied about. No the SJS can't match others offers and it makes little sense to overly worry about creating cap space when we can't attract big name FA

I think people overestimate how much teams are actually willing to give up for Eichel...probably myself included.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I think people overestimate how much teams are actually willing to give up for Eichel...probably myself included.
Probably true . It was a different sport but the premise of the story I read was that super stars rarely bring back what they're worth. Wish I could find it

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Sharks would be throwing something like Meier/Labanc, Ferraro/Knyzhov, practically any set of prospects and picks for Eichel. They can absolutely compete. They had a strong 2020 draft and have a pretty good amount of young roster players to include in a deal with guys like John Leonard, Noah Gregor, and Rudolfs Balcers.
If they’re selling Eichel, they’re not going to want Meier. They’re going to want much younger players as the being a new rebuild. Sure, you guys did pretty well with the picks you had in 2020, but Leonard, Noah Gregor, Etc. Don’t move the needle much for Eichel. Go ahead and make your best offer.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If they’re selling Eichel, they’re not going to want Meier. They’re going to want much younger players as the being a new rebuild. Sure, you guys did pretty well with the picks you had in 2020, but Leonard, Noah Gregor, Etc. Don’t move the needle much for Eichel. Go ahead and make your best offer.

I sincerely doubt Buffalo wouldn't want Meier. He's 24 and they have to take salary back to do a deal with pretty much anybody. That'd be like saying they're not going to want Kaprizov because he's only 7 months younger and that's just too old.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I sincerely doubt Buffalo wouldn't want Meier. He's 24 and they have to take salary back to do a deal with pretty much anybody. That'd be like saying they're not going to want Kaprizov because he's only 7 months younger and that's just too old.
I don’t think they would want Kaprizov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad