Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What sense would it make to trade Eichel if you’re going to acquire players the same age? Just keep Eichel, he’s the better player. The only reason Adam’s would actually sell Eichel is if he wanted to completely start over or Eichel asks for a trade

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What sense would it make to trade Eichel if you’re going to acquire players the same age? Just keep Eichel, he’s the better player. The only reason Adam’s would actually sell Eichel is if he wanted to completely start over or Eichel asks for a trade
The second option is quite possible. And the point is that Kaprizov is a young and talented player and can become one of the main parts of the new core around which you can build a team. It's just that Wild doesn't have too many attractive parts for a guy like Eichel to trade.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Chances are the only way Buffalo moves Eichel is because he wants out and they feel the need to oblige him. In that scenario, they're not going to get a solely futures-based package for a 10 mil cap hit. There's just no way.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Chances are the only way Buffalo moves Eichel is because he wants out and they feel the need to oblige him. In that scenario, they're not going to get a solely futures-based package for a 10 mil cap hit. There's just no way.
So Meier + 1st + what?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So Meier + 1st + what?

Probably Ferraro and probably one of Bordeleau or Robins as a center prospect of worth. If they wanted Merkley, I'd put him on the table but it doesn't seem like fans want RHD's even though they seem to want to move Montour and Miller and may lose Risto after next season. Everyone would be on the table here depending on what they're looking for and what we're trying to outbid.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The way Eichel is playing the Sabres might just put him on waivers.:D
He’s spent 6 years watching other teams make the playoffs and watching other teams go thru a major overhaul in less time then the Sabres. He probably feels like his best years are wasted and wants to play in the real season( playoff hockey). I would be shocked if he or his agent doesn’t issue a formal request for a trade at the end of the year. He looks so disinterested on the ice and he isn’t the greatest defender at the top of his game

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Colorado found itself slightly better off than Buffalo and they traded away Stastny, Duchene and O'Rielly when that combination didn't work.
Eichel has all but given Buffalo an ultimatum, he is tired of losing and answering questions, he has thrown player under the bus and had management coaxed him into retracting one demand he made after the LA game year before last.
So the question become is Eichel worth Dahlin and Cozens if there is another stud forward coming back?
I'll only respond to the bolded as the rest pertaining to Eichel is completely false. All 3 of those guys were/are good players. O'Reilly in particular, but they aren't Jack Eichel. Significant difference between moving a 1st line player and moving a franchise player.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I'll only respond to the bolded as the rest pertaining to Eichel is completely false. All 3 of those guys were/are good players. O'Reilly in particular, but they aren't Jack Eichel. Significant difference between moving a 1st line player and moving a franchise player.
We'll see.

If he asks then ???

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
We'll see.

If he asks then ???

Then we trade him. But we’re not trading Dahlin + Cozens before we trade Eichel.

Not saying I’d do it, but if we’re trading Dahlin + Cozens, in the same trade, then it’s for Dach + Bogqvist, or Pettersen + Hughes, Hughes + Smith, Zegras + Drysdale, Stutzle + Sanderson. You know, getting the same positions back.

It’s not gonna be for Boeser + Juolevi.

Reactions: theguardianII

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Honestly if BUF wants to get stubborn/greedy and start demanding multiple untouchables from teams they'll realize nobody will bite and the Eichel situation is just gonna fester over until it reaches a point where the entire organization is anchored because of his tantrums. It's gonna happen sooner or later if Adams starts asking for (A-prospect)+(A-Prospect)+(A-Prospect)+(A-Prospect) and more and more and more. Can't wait till he gets traded on the cheap to a team like LAK/BOS/NYR because they wanted multiple untouchables for >le franchise player. Honestly it'll mostly be a modern day Nash deal desu.

(Top level roster player)/(B-Prospect)/(2021 top 15 pick)

Trust me no team outside the top 15 will have a chance at getting Eichel, BUF will want another lottery pick to go the NYR route of "retool". They're gonna wanna remain somewhat afloat competitively after this Eichel deal.

NYR and CGY easily have the ability to give BUF the best offer for what they need. My point will be cemented even more if they choose to actually extend Hall for whatever reason.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
Sharks would be throwing something like Meier/Labanc, Ferraro/Knyzhov, practically any set of prospects and picks for Eichel. They can absolutely compete. They had a strong 2020 draft and have a pretty good amount of young roster players to include in a deal with guys like John Leonard, Noah Gregor, and Rudolfs Balcers.

Can you guys afford adding Eichel's cap hit?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can you guys afford adding Eichel's cap hit?

Yes. Meier is a 6 mil contract. Labanc is a 4.7 mil contract. They have cap space for the rest of this season if it needed to happen now. They can do quite a bit to move cap with Seattle coming in if they really wanted to but I'm not pretending like it's a likely scenario. It's just fun to talk about.

Reactions: Stumbling Jack

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Honestly if BUF wants to get stubborn/greedy and start demanding multiple untouchables from teams they'll realize nobody will bite and the Eichel situation is just gonna fester over until it reaches a point where the entire organization is anchored because of his tantrums. It's gonna happen sooner or later if Adams starts asking for (A-prospect)+(A-Prospect)+(A-Prospect)+(A-Prospect) and more and more and more. Can't wait till he gets traded on the cheap to a team like LAK/BOS/NYR because they wanted multiple untouchables for >le franchise player. Honestly it'll mostly be a modern day Nash deal desu.

Trust me no team outside the top 15 will have a chance at getting Eichel, BUF will want another lottery pick to go the NYR route of "retool". They're gonna wanna remain somewhat afloat competitively after this Eichel deal.

NYR and CGY easily have the ability to give BUF the best offer for what they need. My point will be cemented even more if they choose to actually extend Hall for whatever reason.

Except nobody has said that. When even Leaf fans are saying “nobody is untouchable for Eichel because he’s in the Barkov, Draisatl and Matthews” tier, that should tell your dumbass Rangers fandom something. Look at every trade with the roles reversed.

I don’t think Eichel is untouchable, but Ryan f***ing Strome is not the centrepiece as a return.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

typical ranger fantasyland....

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
Yes. Meier is a 6 mil contract. Labanc is a 4.7 mil contract. They have cap space for the rest of this season if it needed to happen now. They can do quite a bit to move cap with Seattle coming in if they really wanted to but I'm not pretending like it's a likely scenario. It's just fun to talk about.

I hear ya. Been doing the same on the Kings boards... I’d love to pull the trigger but having 3 players making 10+Million per makes me nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->