Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Konecny
Frost
Zamula
1st

If that's not good enough I'll swap Zamula, but I think that should be competitive as is.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
This is brutal. For most teams you'll need to take your best young nhler with term/rfa status (top line potential), top 2 prospects (top 6 potential), and 1 forsure maybe 2 firsts depending on where you are expected to finish to start the convo.

That's a big if Buffalo even decides to shop him

Reactions: umbertovanek

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This is brutal. For most teams you'll need to take your best young nhler with term/rfa status (top line potential), top 2 prospects (top 6 potential), and 1 forsure maybe 2 firsts depending on where you are expected to finish to start the convo.

I don't think you're going to get a young top line player, 2 firsts, and 2 top prospects. If that were the ask, at least from Minnesota's perspective it would be a no from me.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It’s certainly not at the bottom of any list.
Of course, I saw a lot of worse offers, but as I said before, why do we need Dumba if we will not claim anything in the near future? I am also confused by Rossi's situation after covid, this is a huge risk. As a result, we get RD, which does little for us, and a really good prospect, but which has health problems and it is not clear how this can be said on it in the future.

they have been some very bad ones
Of course, but this is not very attractive, my explanation is just above.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
swap Rask for Foligno
I suspect that some might start to squawk at that. Foligno isn't going to be a scoring champ, but he is an important player for MN. I've done a complete 180 on him since the trade.

If Foligno was subbed for Rask, then Bjugstad (don't worry, he's expiring, and PIT is retaining 50% on him) would have to be included to balance salaries. I would also want a 2nd from BUF.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I suspect that some might start to squawk at that. Foligno isn't going to be a scoring champ, but he is an important player for MN. I've done a complete 180 on him since the trade.

If Foligno was subbed for Rask, then Bjugstad (don't worry, he's expiring, and PIT is retaining 50% on him) would have to be included to balance salaries. I would also want a 2nd from BUF.

Swap the 2nd from our end to a Tage Thompson. We'd have to many bodies coming in and need actual bodies going out.

All fun conjecture aside the Kings are the team that can make the most impressive offer here and I'd just as soon deal with them because I value Byfield over Rossi and if I could pry kayliev away as well I value that over a 2021 first from Minny but thats just personal bias.
Didn't mean that as an attack or counter offer just thinking out loud to myself.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I disagree, it depends on what the Sabres are trying to do with an Eichel trade, philosophically. Are they trying to improve the team (a tall order when you're losing the best player in the deal no matter what), or are they trying to reshuffle him into another blue chip + collateral? Those deals could look very different.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Of course, I saw a lot of worse offers, but as I said before, why do we need Dumba if we will not claim anything in the near future? I am also confused by Rossi's situation after covid, this is a huge risk. As a result, we get RD, which does little for us, and a really good prospect, but which has health problems and it is not clear how this can be said on it in the future.

Of course, but this is not very attractive, my explanation is just above.

Dumba is salary and value. Buffalo would be free to do whatever they wanted with him. Teams would be calling. If you’d rather we left him out and figured it out ourselves, the fine I guess, but he’s not going to be replaced by a ton more stuff.

The COVID thing is what it is. Maybe it kills the deal, maybe it doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->