Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I think you're in the fourth stage of drunkenness.
Let’s break down your retort. If I was drunk it be funny, like 8 out of 10. If I drink but not drunk now, maybe a 4 out of 10. Since I don’t drink at all, solid 1 of 10. However, we do deduct a point for emotional defensiveness so that puts it at about a zero point zero.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
He's got a point though. People are really in denial I feel, and I understand why because Eichel is a fan favorite easily
I didn’t make up that chain of events, it typically is the way things go IF Eichel truly wants out. I think Eichel’s sense of hockey purity is a bit shattered being that the franchise is run like one would expect a vanity project of a billionaires 2nd wife would run

why couldn’t pegula just buy her an antique shop like the other 2nd wives?

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGut

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
You Sabres fans think you deserve the universe.

OH WE WANTS ALL YOUR BESTEST PROSPECTZ EVER OR U CAN GO KICK ROKZ CUZ THERE ARE 100 OTHER TEAMZ THAT WILL GIVE US ALL THEIR BESTEST PROSPECTZ.

Pennies on the dollar? Chytil? Lundkvist? Geo? Possible lottery pick? Kravtsov? Buchnevich? These aren’t talentless hacks or assets with no value. Just because some fans are saying Kakko, Laf, Fox and Shesty are not available does not mean you’re being offered pennies on the dollar.
Downstate state taxes have been subsidizing upstate for decades now, the price is Eichel!

Reactions: Kupo

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He's got a point though. People are really in denial I feel, and I understand why because Eichel is a fan favorite easily
Why is he limiting to New York? Why doesn’t he want to be a panther and Florida? Also the idea that New York did it all by drafting and asset management when laf was just lucky I mean why he goes to you guys instead of a weaker team is pure luck.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I went back, found and listened to the interview you referenced. Friedman does say "Buffalo solicited offers" which as you said would imply they asked teams what they would give up for Eichel. With that said you can see how that's still quite the jump from that to: "Eichel clearly wants out" which is what I quoted and responded to. I don't begrudge any Rangers fans that don't want to give up what they view as cornerstone pieces, they have every right to withhold those pieces and the Sabres have every right to say Ok then. No thanks. On to the next bidder. The flat cap may impact some teams and potentially take some of the poorer teams out as you noted, but I doubt any deal is made where Buffalo isn't taking salary back so the money becomes less of a concern at that point. This is a star player in his prime, not some 30 year old UFA that teams are going to have to sign to a poor contract. I'd argue that having no fans in attendance this season would be precisely why a lot of teams would want Eichel. He'll draw fans, he'll sell merchandise. The weight of a flat cap is felt far more on players that aren't stars.

Like what teams exactly? Because I can't think of one team where those prospects would be an nhl teams #1 piece. If you meant #1 or #2 prospect in their system then sure.
Yes your eye test that tells you Eichel is sad and wants out is based completely on facts and facts alone. Jesus H Christ.
Not just my eyes. A lot of buffalos fan base sees the poor effort, body language, spotty defensive play, etc can go on. You can’t really blame the guy. Nothing has really changed for years. There was half a season of excitement before skinner cooled off. I’m not saying it to be a dick, just stating the obvious. I like buffalo as a city. There’s a lot of hard working people/ fans up there that deserve better.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I went back, found and listened to the interview you referenced. Friedman does say "Buffalo solicited offers" which as you said would imply they asked teams what they would give up for Eichel. With that said you can see how that's still quite the jump from that to: "Eichel clearly wants out" which is what I quoted and responded to. I don't begrudge any Rangers fans that don't want to give up what they view as cornerstone pieces, they have every right to withhold those pieces and the Sabres have every right to say Ok then. No thanks. On to the next bidder. The flat cap may impact some teams and potentially take some of the poorer teams out as you noted, but I doubt any deal is made where Buffalo isn't taking salary back so the money becomes less of a concern at that point. This is a star player in his prime, not some 30 year old UFA that teams are going to have to sign to a poor contract. I'd argue that having no fans in attendance this season would be precisely why a lot of teams would want Eichel. He'll draw fans, he'll sell merchandise. The weight of a flat cap is felt far more on players that aren't stars.

As I said in a follow-up post, deductive reasoning gives me the impression that Eichel is a guy who wants out. That's not to say that he's forcing his way out or has made a formal trade request, but to me, he sure seems like a guy who is would welcome a change with open arms. I meant to preface that with "in my opinion" in the original post but failed to do so.

I don't think the market for Eichel will be barren or anything but I think what you see in this thread is a lot of fans from various teams getting excited and making video game style trade proposals. I think there could be 3, maybe 4 teams who are realistically after Eichel. Kings and Rangers? Absolutely. Calgary is a maybe. Columbus could be a 4th team. Beyond that I don't think too many teams have all of the requirements to get involved. I.e., the desire, the space, the assets, and the financial resources. I expect Boston to be interested but I don't think they have the pieces to make the deal happen.

I also don't expect him to go for scraps but I don't think he's going to fetch a franchise altering haul either.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Rangers fan offers
Chytil (1st round pick that could go top 10 in his redraft)
Lundvist (1st round pick that would go top 10 in his redraft)
Kravstov (recent 9th overall that has performed very well as a prospect in the KHL, and up to his draft value)
and 2021 1st (projected to be around top 10 at this time)

Sabres fans: "stop offering up your f***ing pennies!!!!! wahhhhhhhhhh"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad