Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think you'd be silly not to be slightly worried about his development. It was about this time last year he came over and played a few games with the Preds. His issues a year ago still look like the same issues he's had when I've seen him this year. How much progress has he actually made in a calendar year?

I don't get to see him in the AHL. I'm more than happy to be corrected by guys that watch him often down there. I'm willing to write off this season as his adjustment to NA pro hockey. Next season is where I think he will have to make noticeable strides to still be considered a top tier prospect.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
You need to consider his linemates as well. He's had four games with Tyler Gaudet and Jeremy Gregoire as his linemates. He's also been linemates with Tanner Jeannot, Justin Kirkland, Nick Baptiste and Connor Brickley. These are not good linemates if you want offensive production.

Reactions: adsfan

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You need to consider his linemates as well. He's had four games with Tyler Gaudet and Jeremy Gregoire as his linemates. He's also been linemates with Tanner Jeannot, Justin Kirkland, Nick Baptiste and Connor Brickley. These are not good linemates if you want offensive production.
Is it that different than playing in a professional league with the likes of Brian O'Neill and Peter Regin?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Is it that different than playing in a professional league with the likes of Brian O'Neill and Peter Regin?

Guys like Regin and O'Neill were either NHL players and/or top 6 players internationally or very clearly top line guys in the AHL.

He's either going to be top 6 in the NHL or he's not going to be anything basically. Not being able to produce with bottom 6 AHL guys as your linemates shouldn't be all that surprising.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He probably will after the AHL season is over

Milwaukee's season ends with a whimper on April 14th. Fire the coach!

BTW, I expect a brawl next Saturday against Grand Rapids. Somebody needs to yank the chain on those stinking Slap Shot goons! The pos refs didn't.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
his goal from yesterday. Up to 25 pts now, good for 3rd in U20 forward scoring in the AHL. Granted there are only 12 U20 forwards in the AHL this season, but still.

and it looks like his goalie brother Atte signed with Tampa's AHL affiliate Syracuse the other day.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Considering most of them have come late in the year I think it's a decent sign. I'd actually be more concerned if they had all been in the first 30 games or so

Reactions: Montross

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Considering most of them have come late in the year I think it's a decent sign. I'd actually be more concerned if they had all been in the first 30 games or so
Besides he wasn't sent down to AHL to learn how to score goals. Also his AHL production isn't even that far from Forsberg's 19 year old season...

Last edited:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Besides he wasn't sent down to AHL to learn how to score goals. Also his AHL production isn't even that far from Forsberg's 19 year old season...

Forsberg's AHL points-per-game is lower than his points-per-game in any of his NHL seasons. It'd be great if Tolvanen could replicate that, but we'll have to wait and see.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why is he playing with scrubs? Why is this still a thing in Milwaukee? We are horrendous and at developing scoring forwards.

Until recent weeks, the Admirals have been scoring challenged. The team has averaged 2.77 goals a game over 70 games, but the recent 6-0-1-1 streak has boosted the number of goals scored by 28 or 3.50 goals a game. In plain English, in the last 8 games the Ads tacked on 0.10 goals a game over their average from the first 62 games.

The Texas Stars, currently in 5th place, have scored 225 goals in 71 games for 3.17 goals a game. The Stars have allowed 215 goals versus Milwaukee's 196 goals allowed.

The recent additions, Helewka, Schnieder and Dauphin are all in the top 5 for Admirals scoring. That pushes Tolvanen down to 9th place with 14 g and 15 A in 52 games, but the team is scoring more. The Ads Magic number, like Texas, is 13.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

That goal chased Rybar after 1:48 of the first period in front of 9511 fans. (I believe that 9650 is a sell out).

I read that Rybar had only allowed 3 goals this season versus the Admirals, previous to this disaster for him.

It was fabulous!!!

Magic # is now ZERO.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia