Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He had a good interview in a Finnish newspaper; basically he said the turn-around the team has been able to pull off resulted from the underdog mentality team had to have when the top guys went down with injuries. They knew they had to work harder as a group to be able to beat teams and that mentality has carried over even though guys have been returning from injuries.

Link to the interview: Suomalaisyllättäjän Nashville hurjassa lennossa, Tolvanen hämmästyttävän tehokas viimeistelyssä: "En tiedä itsekään, mistä johtuu"

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Well, he did seem to struggle during previous stints here, and his KHL numbers werent awesome prior to this season, although it was a small sample size.

Sure seems like this is an example of what you seasoned observers say is the game slowing down for him...
Game slowing down and having the caliber talent around him to be able to make plays.

Reactions: PredsV82
Jul 12, 2007
Not sure I was mocking you in a personal sense. I have been mocking the campaign to declare Tolvinen, Trenin, Benning, et al “tough guys”.
I mean we all know that Trenin beat Chara into the fetal position, reduced him to a fetus don’t ya know.
It’s just silly schoolboy exaggerations and fantasy like that, that runs rampant around here... that deserve a little needling.
And actual hard hits are now against the NHL rules, so now when a Trenin or Tolvanen show a bit of energy and get in people’s way, they are anointed “big hitters”.
This used to be called “a pest”.
Hornquist has had a fine career being a pest and taking a beating in the crease, to get goals. He’s a great example of “tough sort of”.
I remember clearly people on this board reveling in Arvi’s “toughness”. Because he could get blasted 10 times per game and get right back up ! That worked out well, now didn’t it ?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Also, we are now gushing about 3-4 guys who are playing decent hockey for the very first time, for a couple of weeks. Some of them after bouncing around doing very little for 3-4 years.
We should probably be a little careful about wrapping all of our hopes, dreams, and lives, in them.
I already see people recoiling in horror that Carrier could get grabbed in the expansion draft. We will probably survive that, lol.

Reactions: JGeorge54

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Also, we are now gushing about 3-4 guys who are playing decent hockey for the very first time, for a couple of weeks. Some of them after bouncing around doing very little for 3-4 years.
We should probably be a little careful about wrapping all of our hopes, dreams, and lives, in them.
I already see people recoiling in horror that Carrier could get grabbed in the expansion draft. We will probably survive that, lol.

Tolvanen has played all of 7 NHL games before this season. I would say his KHL records, Olympic heroics, and WJC gold define those years much more than that.

Reactions: Burkeocet
Jul 12, 2007
Tolvanen may have the talent to become a good NHL player. I don’t know any better than anybody else. Just cautioning against deciding it right now, after 2 weeks of relatively good play.
We see guys show up with 75 goals and 150 points for each of their last few years in minors / juniors, then go nowhere. Pays to wait and see.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Tolvanen may have the talent to become a good NHL player. I don’t know any better than anybody else. Just cautioning against deciding it right now, after 2 weeks of relatively good play.
We see guys show up with 75 goals and 150 points for each of their last few years in minors / juniors, then go nowhere. Pays to wait and see.
I agree on pumping the breaks on him being an all-star but his play has been solid for a good month.

Jul 12, 2007
Hey, I still think it would be great to end up with a T-T-T line, if all the trenny tolvy tomy kids pan out. They’d be talking about that line on CBS.
Think of the phonics .... the titty line.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Hey, I still think it would be great to end up with a T-T-T line, if all the trenny tolvy tomy kids pan out. They’d be talking about that line on CBS.
Think of the phonics .... the titty line.

Give me a forward that starts with an A A-T-T, the phone line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad